Inconsiderate

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
No, I totally got your point. I absolutely know WHY you were irritated but I think you sort of instigated it in this case. You DO realize that by telling the kids to beat it, that caused them of course ran over to mommy and daddy, who then decided to "teach you a lesson"? Do I think they did it JUST to be annoying and JUST because they could? Absolutely. But, I think if you had simply accepted the kids in the pool they would have gotten bored and moved along in 10 minutes or, you could have checked with management right then and discovered the change in policy. Clearly, they knew the policy and decided to make it very clear to you. BTW, I DO think the smaller pool should be adult only, kids are great but everyone needs a little space away from them every now and then. Enough complaints to management, where change can actually come from might do the trick.

Up until Vrai went to the office, we both thought it was an adult only pool. That's what it was last year. We incorrectly assumed it was still a valid 'rule' this year. I had gone in the pool a few times by myself. I grab my noodle seat and just chill. The pools are separated by huge blocks of local stone. It's like a mini stonehenge with a few cactus and palms tossed in for good measure. It is a great set up. I call it the oasis. But each and every time I went in, inevitably some kids would wander over and it was always in pairs or a small group. Meanwhile it's cannonball central over at the big pool. I'd give the kids the hairy eyeball and my best REALLY!?! look. But c'est la vie. I have bigger fish to fry, as they say. But all in all, it's still a minor irritant. Go splash and jump over where kids are already doing those things.

We did chat up the parents. They live here all the time. This is there home. We are the transients. Quite a few families live here. Last year I was the school bus pull up and about 10 kids got out. People are realizing that staying in a reasonably priced campground is an economical option instead of paying rent for an apartment.

This is the same park where last year a lady opened her RV door and let her large dog run out unfettered. It was dark and all we heard was barking while Apollo was looking up at us with his Please Save Me Biped, I'll Be Good look. We are yelling at the lady to control her dog while she is telling us to stop yelling at the dog. Then a few night ago the same thing happened. I will say that the guy was walking 2 large dogs and both were leashed but when Fido broke bad, walker guy lost control of the leash. Luckily the dog was just a butt sniffer instead of intent on doing Apollo harm. He was very apologetic and somewhat embarrassed. All was forgiven, no harm no foul. In 2 + years of vagabondary, we've had 3 doggie incidents with 2 occuring at our current location.

In the big picture of things, we have it pretty good. Pools and dogs and traffic and slow servers and sand burrs are way down on the list of things that annoy us. In the next few weeks we will embark on a 4,400 mile road trip heading east then north then west then back to where we are now. It will be refreshing to get a break from the triple digit temps. Honestly severe heat here isn't as bad as high 90s on the east coast.

And this issue is why you will find campground where the minimum age is 55 and over.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Up until Vrai went to the office, we both thought it was an adult only pool. That's what it was last year. We incorrectly assumed it was still a valid 'rule' this year. I had gone in the pool a few times by myself. I grab my noodle seat and just chill. The pools are separated by huge blocks of local stone. It's like a mini stonehenge with a few cactus and palms tossed in for good measure. It is a great set up. I call it the oasis. But each and every time I went in, inevitably some kids would wander over and it was always in pairs or a small group. Meanwhile it's cannonball central over at the big pool. I'd give the kids the hairy eyeball and my best REALLY!?! look. But c'est la vie. I have bigger fish to fry, as they say. But all in all, it's still a minor irritant. Go splash and jump over where kids are already doing those things.

We did chat up the parents. They live here all the time. This is there home. We are the transients. Quite a few families live here. Last year I was the school bus pull up and about 10 kids got out. People are realizing that staying in a reasonably priced campground is an economical option instead of paying rent for an apartment.

This is the same park where last year a lady opened her RV door and let her large dog run out unfettered. It was dark and all we heard was barking while Apollo was looking up at us with his Please Save Me Biped, I'll Be Good look. We are yelling at the lady to control her dog while she is telling us to stop yelling at the dog. Then a few night ago the same thing happened. I will say that the guy was walking 2 large dogs and both were leashed but when Fido broke bad, walker guy lost control of the leash. Luckily the dog was just a butt sniffer instead of intent on doing Apollo harm. He was very apologetic and somewhat embarrassed. All was forgiven, no harm no foul. In 2 + years of vagabondary, we've had 3 doggie incidents with 2 occuring at our current location.

In the big picture of things, we have it pretty good. Pools and dogs and traffic and slow servers and sand burrs are way down on the list of things that annoy us. In the next few weeks we will embark on a 4,400 mile road trip heading east then north then west then back to where we are now. It will be refreshing to get a break from the triple digit temps. Honestly severe heat here isn't as bad as high 90s on the east coast.

And this issue is why you will find campground where the minimum age is 55 and over.

Snowflakes, everywhere. So much for global warming. And, the fact you used to work in National Parks, is a clue. I am going with you and vrai, on y’all’s take on this. Happy and safe travels. :smile:

I always say to my children, be careful out there.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Had a similar situation on a cruise we took. RC has an adults only swimming pool/solarium type of thing. Very nice, quiet, relaxing, etc. Until a group of kids, ages between 10-13, decided that the two other pools were just not fun any more and wanted to try hanging with the old folks. I told them, in a nice way, that this is adults only. They looked at me like I had two heads, but didnt leave. I found a ship attendant and told him. He did chase them out and explained to them what the words Adults Only meant!

SamSpade

I guess if it was clearly marked as adults only, that would be enough.

We were on vacation earlier this year, and next to the hotel pool - actually adjoining it with but a small wall separating it - is a hot tub.
It was big enough to easily accommodate about 8 or 9 adults. But two signs clearly indicate that children are not to be in it at any time,
and it at least recommends that no one stay in for longer than a certain amount of time - which admittedly I broke almost always.

So imagine my surprise when I take my kids to the pool, get ready to soak in the hot tub - and it's got three kids playing in it with their
parents, either IN with them - or at the side chatting with their friends. I try to at least HINT that it is not good for kids to be in the hot
tub without pointing out that it's not only against the posted rule - but dammit, I have been to places all over and you don't put kids in the
hot tub. They leave after a while, because once my kids started playing, they wanted to play with them, and off they went.

Aaah, sweet bliss. Hot tub to myself.

Until one of those parents kept trying to dip his kid into the hot tub, while the kids screamed, because he didn't like the heat.
And the parent kept trying to tell him, it was ok, stop being a baby, just go in - and then finally relented and stopped trying to put
their kid into the hot tub.

I mean - damn. I *knew* I could have reported it to management, but I also knew - it's late, I've had a VERY long day, I am tired,
and by the time management makes any effort to chastise them - they'll be gone. What's the point.

By the time I'd left, the kids had gone back to the room - and a group of twenty somethings were all around one of the tables -
and smoking. Around an indoor pool. And drinking. I just shook my head.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Until one of those parents kept trying to dip his kid into the hot tub, while the kids screamed, because he didn't like the heat.
And the parent kept trying to tell him, it was ok, stop being a baby, just go in - and then finally relented and stopped trying to put
their kid into the hot tub.

See, that's the thing. As a general rule I like the little ones and am not above having them teach me how to turn my pool noodle into a water cannon :jet:. I was more annoyed that this particular set of parents felt the need to "show me" rather than tell their kids to go play with the other kids and stop bothering the adults.

There are always those mommies and daddies who think the rules (or even common courtesy) don't apply to their precious snowflake. Common sense and courtesy should tell you not to bring your screaming child to the hot tub and bother the other people there. Since some folks are devoid of courtesy and common sense, rules get made. Then precious snowflake's mommy and daddy disregard those rules because they are either entitled VIPs to whom the rules do not apply or they have stunted development and are still rebelling long past the appropriate age for that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I dunno about the rest a y'all, but I'd feel more comfortable peeing in a big pool than in a smaller one.

But that's just me.

frequentflier

happy to be living
All these posts are the reason that if and when I DO take a destination vacation, I would rather go to a cabin in the woods (we did that about 6 years ago in the Blue Ridge Mountains).

I do not enjoy being around children or most adults, for that matter. I have no desire to take a cruise or go to highly populated islands or events. Prefer the quiet over aggravation from people for me!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Ugh. I dislike entitled precious little snowflakes' parents even more than the brats they are raising. :rolleyes:

Bann

PREMO Member
Then precious snowflake's mommy and daddy disregard those rules because they are either entitled VIPs to whom the rules do not apply or they have stunted development and are still rebelling long past the appropriate age for that.

^This!^

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ugh. I dislike entitled precious little snowflakes' parents even more than the brats they are raising. :rolleyes:

Round 2:

I was thinking about what some of you said yesterday, and felt kind of bad. Maybe I should have been nicer, although I wasn't particularly mean or gruff, but I could have said, "Sweetie, please go play in the big pool and let us grownups have the small one" - something like that. I was thinking, well, maybe I'll apologize to them if I see them again, or make some overture.

Ha. I'm so cute.

Today we went for a swim and got to chatting with some other folks at one end of the large pool. Here comes the redneck trash family...Next thing I know, one of their brats cannonballs literally right on top of us. I turn to look and there's redneck daddy smirking.

She didn't hit anyone, but they got a glaring from the other people in the pool. But nothing was said and they took their spawn to the other end of the pool and stayed there. One wrong move and their kid could have had an elbow to the mouth, but I guess he wasn't thinking about that.

Again, we'll be gone in 9 days, off to enjoy our amazing life, and they'll still be them. Karma, man.

Bann

PREMO Member
Round 2:

I was thinking about what some of you said yesterday, and felt kind of bad. Maybe I should have been nicer, although I wasn't particularly mean or gruff, but I could have said, "Sweetie, please go play in the big pool and let us grownups have the small one" - something like that. I was thinking, well, maybe I'll apologize to them if I see them again, or make some overture.

Ha. I'm so cute.

Today we went for a swim and got to chatting with some other folks at one end of the large pool. Here comes the redneck trash family...Next thing I know, one of their brats cannonballs literally right on top of us. I turn to look and there's redneck daddy smirking.

She didn't hit anyone, but they got a glaring from the other people in the pool. But nothing was said and they took their spawn to the other end of the pool and stayed there. One wrong move and their kid could have had an elbow to the mouth, but I guess he wasn't thinking about that.

Again, we'll be gone in 9 days, off to enjoy our amazing life, and they'll still be them. Karma, man.

Yeah, when people are idiots. There's no use in even dealing with them. They'll still be idiots.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, when people are idiots. There's no use in even dealing with them. They'll still be idiots.

We don't run into this a lot. Campground kids tend to be well-behaved with engaged parents. Campground people in general are pretty easy to get along with. This experience is the exception, not the rule.

Bann

PREMO Member
We don't run into this a lot. Campground kids tend to be well-behaved with engaged parents. Campground people in general are pretty easy to get along with. This experience is the exception, not the rule.

:yay: Those people are just like you said - redneck trashy types. The places we've been to visit you guys (Cody, WY and PCB, FL) have been very pleasant with very pleasant guests. That includes Solomons Rec Center here in Calvert. :lol: