Irma...Uncertain course

littlelady

God bless the USA
I am. And thank you very much for the offer.

About the gas thing..met a lady at a gas pump from the Keys...she was all excited to find gas.

Stay safe, Home. Don't let anything happen to you. I would miss our back and forth. But, seriously, I wish you well. Irma is looking very powerful. The island pics I have seen from Irma are total devastation. To think Jose is right behind her is mind boggling.

BOP

I haven't seen the AEMI model do that, but I have seen the CEMI model do it. (The TABD model is the only other one that says she'll go east). That being said, the American GFS forecast (which AEMI is under) is one of the best global models, but is still historically only about 45% accurate at 120 hours (which is how long before Irma is forcasted to be over TN and make that turn per the model).

We're only interested in what the SOMD online TARD model shows.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Sigh it is getting real down here now. There are only a few gas stations that have fuel that are near the Interstate (Loves and Pilot). They are getting constant shipments of fuel. The mom & pop gas stations get it in and as fast as it comes in it is gone.

Tomorrow I am going into town to get the last few supplies I need for the farm to make sure everything is good. A few bottles of wine for me. People in mobile homes in my county are being asked to evacuate and guess where I live in a mobile home. Sure...no hotel in the county just shelters. Two very neurotic foster dogs one of them who is a total ass hole and I would need to drug. The other has bad skin infections and smells to high heaven.

The barn is concrete so we will be in there a lot probably sleep in the tack room which is all concrete walls. I will probably sleep in my truck with one dog and my mom will sleep in the barn with the 2nd dog.

Think of me during this storm. I will post updates when I can and have internet or will use phone.

Sending positive energy your way and :huggy:

stgislander

PREMO Member
With all the doom and gloom TWC is broadcasting, it was a pleasure watching Stephanie Abrams this morning.

littlelady

God bless the USA
No one is talking about Hurricane Nate. It sounds like it is not that bad, but it is bad because of Harvey, Irma and Maria. I wish the best to b23 and Heavy. Stay safe.

Last edited:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
No one is talking about Hurricane Nate. It sounds like it is not that bad, but it is bad because of Harvey, Irma and Maria. I wish the best to b23 and Heavy. Stay safe.

Nate was just a couple of days of rain and some nice wind. It helped with the stifling humidity. The negative - one of the power surges blew out the fan in my AC unit. So yet another few days without AC. This is like the 8th time this summer my AC has gone out.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Nate was just a couple of days of rain and some nice wind. It helped with the stifling humidity. The negative - one of the power surges blew out the fan in my AC unit. So yet another few days without AC. This is like the 8th time this summer my AC has gone out.

Sorry. That is a bummer. We have lost a few applicances over the years from power surges. Glad it wasn't too bad, otherwise. You are awesome for what you did to help others, during this hurricane season. :yay:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Sorry. That is a bummer. We have lost a few applicances over the years from power surges. Glad it wasn't too bad, otherwise. You are awesome for what you did to help others, during this hurricane season. :yay:

Last night no lie it was 92 in the rest of the house. I put the bedroom AC on so that the dog and I could be cool. I have 2 more stalls to do today and am dreading it because it is so humid.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

We got very little rain or wind from Nate here in the bay area, but it is hot - 92. We in the area still have piles and piles of dry tree debris all over the roadways and homes still from Irma.

The 2017 Sweat Fest continues, but they say it will cool down someday soon.....

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Jim Cantore said this morning that the east coast could see this high temperature/humidity for the rest of October. :yikes:

Hannibal

Jim Cantore said this morning that the east coast could see this high temperature/humidity for the rest of October. :yikes:

I hope so. The Bay fishing (from the shore) has been hot and when I can let the kiddies swim while fishing, it's that much longer I can drown a worm.