Irma...Uncertain course

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Savage af LOL

detroit hurricane ready.jpg

Chris0nllyn

That lone AEMI ensemble model still shows Irma taking a hard right around Chattanooga and heading straight up through Charles County.

I haven't seen the AEMI model do that, but I have seen the CEMI model do it. (The TABD model is the only other one that says she'll go east). That being said, the American GFS forecast (which AEMI is under) is one of the best global models, but is still historically only about 45% accurate at 120 hours (which is how long before Irma is forcasted to be over TN and make that turn per the model).

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Looks more and more like an East coast landfall, and could be a more northerly landfall if current track holds, but one never knows. Looking better for those of us on the west coast. One bad storm for wherever it hits.

Not so fast there boss. Stay safe.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
✔️WildFires
✔️Hurricanes
✔️Earthquake
✔️Tsunami

Has anyone checked the volcanoes?? I feel like someone should check the volcanoes.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Luke 21:25-26
25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
North America is the only continent without an indigineous locust species. We had one until right after the civil war but then they went extinct. Went from having the largest horde of animals ever in one pack to extinct in about 30 years. We now return you to your regularly scheduled apocalypse.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Sigh it is getting real down here now. There are only a few gas stations that have fuel that are near the Interstate (Loves and Pilot). They are getting constant shipments of fuel. The mom & pop gas stations get it in and as fast as it comes in it is gone.

Tomorrow I am going into town to get the last few supplies I need for the farm to make sure everything is good. A few bottles of wine for me. People in mobile homes in my county are being asked to evacuate and guess where I live in a mobile home. Sure...no hotel in the county just shelters. Two very neurotic foster dogs one of them who is a total ass hole and I would need to drug. The other has bad skin infections and smells to high heaven.

The barn is concrete so we will be in there a lot probably sleep in the tack room which is all concrete walls. I will probably sleep in my truck with one dog and my mom will sleep in the barn with the 2nd dog.

Think of me during this storm. I will post updates when I can and have internet or will use phone.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Sigh it is getting real down here now. There are only a few gas stations that have fuel that are near the Interstate (Loves and Pilot). They are getting constant shipments of fuel. The mom & pop gas stations get it in and as fast as it comes in it is gone.

Tomorrow I am going into town to get the last few supplies I need for the farm to make sure everything is good. A few bottles of wine for me. People in mobile homes in my county are being asked to evacuate and guess where I live in a mobile home. Sure...no hotel in the county just shelters. Two very neurotic foster dogs one of them who is a total ass hole and I would need to drug. The other has bad skin infections and smells to high heaven.

The barn is concrete so we will be in there a lot probably sleep in the tack room which is all concrete walls. I will probably sleep in my truck with one dog and my mom will sleep in the barn with the 2nd dog.

Think of me during this storm. I will post updates when I can and have internet or will use phone.

I posted this to you in the other Irma thread:

That is really nice and giving of you to stick around, and help with other's animals. That takes guts. I wouldn't wish a hurricane on anyone. I know people are freaked out at what we all just saw with Harvey. Good on you. Stay safe, and I wish you well.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I posted this to you in the other Irma thread:

That is really nice and giving of you to stick around, and help with other's animals. That takes guts. I wouldn't wish a hurricane on anyone. I know people are freaked out at what we all just saw with Harvey. Good on you. Stay safe, and I wish you well.

The owner's of the horses are entrusting me with their care so I will stay. My mom is going to go over to my landlords that have a concrete home. She tried to get a flight out early but couldn't. I told her go to the landlord's I will sleep in the truck with my dog (crazy one). I am getting all my important papers together to stick in my truck so if the roof flies off they will be in my truck. My laptops (work) are going to be in the truck also.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The owner's of the horses are entrusting me with their care so I will stay. My mom is going to go over to my landlords that have a concrete home. She tried to get a flight out early but couldn't. I told her go to the landlord's I will sleep in the truck with my dog (crazy one). I am getting all my important papers together to stick in my truck so if the roof flies off they will be in my truck. My laptops (work) are going to be in the truck also.

Good luck, hope it's not as bad as the weather channel's doom and gloom prediction.