Is it that time?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Now that I'm paying attention and out of denial by going public, I'm noticing that she's having trouble getting around. I always thought she stands at the stairs for a few seconds before going up because she forgot what she was going to do. Now I realize that it probably hurts to climb them. She just hesitated before jumping up into her bed, which is about a foot off the ground.

She's an old lady.

So I'll make the call today and get it over with. No real sense in prolonging it. I just always figured she'd go off somewhere when she was ready to croak over, but she doesn't go out anymore when it's chilly. And I REALLY don't want to just find her laying dead.

:huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Friday at 12:30. I feel a sense of relief.

The only other time I had to have a cat put down, he was a only a few years old and had feline AIDS. So it was awful and traumatic. This isn't like that - it's time for me to be responsible and call it a day for her. She's been a good cat and had a good run. :yay:

The only other time I had to have a cat put down, he was a only a few years old and had feline AIDS. So it was awful and traumatic. This isn't like that - it's time for me to be responsible and call it a day for her. She's been a good cat and had a good run. :yay:
heck, I've heard about Claudia for so many years I feel like I know her... You are a good cat mom... :huggy:

lovinmaryland

:huggy:

Hank

my war
Is it cheesy to have your animal cremated? I did that with my dog and have a box urn in my office.. I think I would do the same for my cat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is it cheesy to have your animal cremated? I did that with my dog and have a box urn in my office.. I think I would do the same for my cat.

Of course she will be cremated and I'll get her ashes. I really don't like the thought of her just being...disposed of.

luvmygdaughters

Its such a hard decision to make. Especially when you've had that pet for so long. You're doing the right thing and trust me, you know when its time. My girl was with me for 18 years and I knew when she was ready by the way she looked at me. Its hard to say goodbye to someone who's been so loyal and loving for so many years, but thats the kindest thing we can do for them. So sorry for you, but you did the right thing.:huggy:

Naw... that's not cheesy... this is cheesy...

Attachments

• taxpet.jpg
    taxpet.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 114
  • weird-taxidermy-animal-photos03.jpg
    weird-taxidermy-animal-photos03.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 118

Hank

my war
I really don't like the thought of her just being...disposed of.

Yeah, me either... Other option was to bury her casket style on my property but I think the cremation was the way to go...

...and on a side note, the staff at P. Fred Animal Hospital are awesome!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

Will you have KiKi Stinkertoes present? Were they buddies?

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
My Brandee was 17 in Nov, and I am so worried about when that time comes. I know it's coming, but gawd, I don't want it to.