Is it that time?

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
vrai....I also have an 18yr old cat myself. She still eats though and can walk around semi-ok. she hasn't made a peep yest today so I wonder what is up with her. I also haven't heard her come out to eat her food as of 7am guess she is more tired then hungry. I know the day is going to come for me too and i don't want it to come. I have to take her to the vet in a few months for shots and if she has lost more weight I think I will do the humane thing and have her pts. She weighed 7lbs 8oz the last time she was at the vet. She has never a day in her life weighed over 9lbs though (shes a calico and small and petite shes been this way since she was a baby).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
vrai....I also have an 18yr old cat myself. She still eats though and can walk around semi-ok. she hasn't made a peep yest today so I wonder what is up with her. I also haven't heard her come out to eat her food as of 7am guess she is more tired then hungry. I know the day is going to come for me too and i don't want it to come. I have to take her to the vet in a few months for shots and if she has lost more weight I think I will do the humane thing and have her pts. She weighed 7lbs 8oz the last time she was at the vet. She has never a day in her life weighed over 9lbs though (shes a calico and small and petite shes been this way since she was a baby).
:huggy:

Claudia was just under 4 lbs at her last vet check, and she used to go around 5 lbs. She lost 1/2 lb in this last year.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Vrai, Im so sorry what youre going thru. Been there, done that. It is so hard, like losing a member of the family. I myself have 5 kittys, and do not look forward to that day. You are doing right by her. Hold her and love her for a lifetime when you let her go. ill be thinking about you. :huggy:

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Peace to you and Claudia :huggy:
You are a good cat mom V.

Would you post her photo of her today?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Attachments

• claudia.jpg
    claudia.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 125
  • claudia1.jpg
    claudia1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 132

Roman

Here's one I just took of her.

I might get some bashing from some people, but she looks alert, and pretty good to me for an 18 year-old! Yes..a little thin, but not emaciated. She also looks like she wants to go outside! Only you can tell if it is time to let go. It's just a picture, but she doesn't look like she's suffering one bit. Either way, as stated in earlier posts...you WILL make the right decision, not us. My thoughts are with you, and Claudia. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I might get some bashing from some people, but she looks alert, and pretty good to me for an 18 year-old! Yes..a little thin, but not emaciated. She also looks like she wants to go outside! Only you can tell if it is time to let go. It's just a picture, but she doesn't look like she's suffering one bit. Either way, as stated in earlier posts...you WILL make the right decision, not us. My thoughts are with you, and Claudia. :huggy:

Nah, she's quite emaciated - like I said, the pic makes her look bigger than she does in person. And she absolutely doesn't want to go outside, only when it's nice and warm and she can sun herself on the deck. Cold, wet weather doesn't work for her anymore. She was watching the squirrels and probably reminiscing about the days when they wouldn't dare come into her yard or she'd disembowel them.

And she's not alert by any real definition of the word. She has dementia and most of the time has no concept of what's going on.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nah, she's quite emaciated - like I said, the pic makes her look bigger than she does in person. And she absolutely doesn't want to go outside, only when it's nice and warm and she can sun herself on the deck. Cold, wet weather doesn't work for her anymore. She was watching the squirrels and probably reminiscing about the days when they wouldn't dare come into her yard or she'd disembowel them.

And she's not alert by any real definition of the word. She has dementia and most of the time has no concept of what's going on.

Has she gone deaf, too?