It's Finally Here!!

mamatutu

mama to two
And my advise to you is come say that to my face a$$wipe...i'll show you how much of a man I am. You
know NOTHING about me or my circumstances you little tard. Seriously if you PM me, i'll be glad to meet you
someplace and show your sorry butt what its like to not talk trash behind a computer monitor.

According to itsrequired, he is a cop. Can't you just feel the swagger in his posts? He definitely has internet testosterone, but I doubt he has it IRL. :lol: Don't expect him to PM you. IMO, he is a coward. And, if he has a wife, I feel sorry for her. I have total respect for cops, but if this guy is one, that makes me truly sad.

NurseSherri

Today is the day I get to put this IDIOT infested part of America in my rearview mirror FOREVER!!

Goodbye SMIBS!!!:lmao:

I'm so jealous, OldBlue... can't wait to say my "seeeeee yaaaaa" when I finally get out of here. I actually learned the term "SMIB" from a local whose family has been here for generations and it sounds as though there is some truth to these little slander.... He told me the 3 girlfriends he brought home in high school and college ALL ended up being cousins of his, which he only found out about once his mom met the poor girls and their family names, LOL!! There were only a handful of families that grew this little town way back when... not too many people to choose from that weren't related somehow... what I do know that every time I venture into public, it's a scary little reality check... honestly, does EVERY person that works at a deli literally take ten minutes to cut 1/2 a pound of ham????!!!!! Sure, they might be nice and all, but smart wouldn't be the word that comes to mind when I'm out and about.... love you all! Cause I know you love me!

BigBlue

I'm so jealous, OldBlue... can't wait to say my "seeeeee yaaaaa" when I finally get out of here. I actually learned the term "SMIB" from a local whose family has been here for generations and it sounds as though there is some truth to these little slander.... He told me the 3 girlfriends he brought home in high school and college ALL ended up being cousins of his, which he only found out about once his mom met the poor girls and their family names, LOL!! There were only a handful of families that grew this little town way back when... not too many people to choose from that weren't related somehow... what I do know that every time I venture into public, it's a scary little reality check... honestly, does EVERY person that works at a deli literally take ten minutes to cut 1/2 a pound of ham????!!!!! Sure, they might be nice and all, but smart wouldn't be the word that comes to mind when I'm out and about.... love you all! Cause I know you love me!

LOL, well said !:killingme

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

If you remember you were warned by several people, me among them, that you would suffer culture shock coming from San Diego.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
You know, this place isn't like San Diego, Va Bch, Jax or any other large Navy town and you know what, that's fine. I've been to all three and I will tell you, San Diego sucks, Va Bch isn't that great anymore and Jax's is, well Jax's. If you don't like this place why the eff did you come here, and don't give me "the Navy brought me here" crap. You can pick your orders from several choices so you had different choices yet you picked here, don't like, do your time and then get the eff out and don't look back but don't sit here and complain about the place when you've only been here a short time.

BTW, I was brought here by the Navy, and by choice, and love the place. I use to hear the same crap when I was stationed at Oceana and Cecil Field, and as I told them, no one held a gun to your head so you can leave anytime you'd like but sitting here whining about it doesn't do anything but to make yourself look like a homesick cry baby and if that is what you are going for, you're doing a good job of it.

mitzi

"Way back when" there were only 3 high schools here and 1 college (depending on how far "way back when" is to you). St. Mary's College isn't known for having a lot of local students and CSM didn't have a campus here until the 90s. Hard to believe someone in high school or college wouldn't recognize a last name as possibly being related somehow. I think this local was BS'ing you and you fell for it. :killingme

mamatutu

mama to two
"Way back when" there were only 3 high schools here and 1 college (depending on how far "way back when" is to you). St. Mary's College isn't known for having a lot of local students and CSM didn't have a campus here until the 90s. Hard to believe someone in high school or college wouldn't recognize a last name as possibly being related somehow. I think this local was BS'ing you and you fell for it. :killingme

:lol: It is sad when a place like soMD is maligned. It is one of the last of the Mohicans. It is a beautiful and welcoming place. Very nice people. You will run into not nice people anywhere. I am not a local SMIB but I will align myself with y'all any day. SoMD is paradise (except for the government of MD which is not SoMd's fault). It is a wonderful place to live. I am thinking NS is missing the fast lane. JMO.

mudpuddle

...and everyone was really nice to her when she asked for help with her decision of where to live.

People were amazing to her! They welcomed her right off the bat!
I never had a post/ thread that had as many replies as her's. I don't think she realizes that everyone is not as quickly welcome as she was....even now, whenever she posts, she gets responses from people. No one ignores her...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well, we TOLD you to rent and not buy. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol: It is sad when a place like soMD is maligned. It is one of the last of the Mohicans. It is a beautiful and welcoming place. Very nice people. You will run into not nice people anywhere. I am not a local SMIB but I will align myself with y'all any day. SoMD is paradise (except for the government of MD which is not SoMd's fault). It is a wonderful place to live. I am thinking NS is missing the fast lane. JMO.

SoMD definitely has its pluses, but it's difficult to get excited when you've been somewhere else to compare it to. This isn't the worst place I've ever lived - Augusta, GA would probably take that cake - but it's getting WAY too congested for such a small area and there are plans for it to get worse in the next year or so. Cramming people together in a small space makes them bitchy, then top it off with the fact that lower wage earners can't have a decent standard of living because the cost of housing is so absurd.

If we want to keep our rural charm - and I do - we need to focus on it and build with that in mind, rather than slap up a bunch of tacky strip malls, big box stores, and chain restaurants. There's no reason on earth why we can't have "fish camp" restaurants like they have in Jax - our water is just as good as theirs. And there's no reason why the locals wouldn't support a cute historic and commercial area like they're trying to do with Leonardtown. It just needs to be done with some foresight and not just let whoever greases Commissioner palms do as they please.

Seriously, it's like the people who run this county have never been anywhere in their lives and have no idea that there's more to life than Sonic and Cracker Barrel.

mitzi

SoMD definitely has its pluses, but it's difficult to get excited when you've been somewhere else to compare it to. This isn't the worst place I've ever lived - Augusta, GA would probably take that cake - but it's getting WAY too congested for such a small area and there are plans for it to get worse in the next year or so. Cramming people together in a small space makes them bitchy, then top it off with the fact that lower wage earners can't have a decent standard of living because the cost of housing is so absurd.

If we want to keep our rural charm - and I do - we need to focus on it and build with that in mind, rather than slap up a bunch of tacky strip malls, big box stores, and chain restaurants. There's no reason on earth why we can't have "fish camp" restaurants like they have in Jax - our water is just as good as theirs. And there's no reason why the locals wouldn't support a cute historic and commercial area like they're trying to do with Leonardtown. It just needs to be done with some foresight and not just let whoever greases Commissioner palms do as they please.

Seriously, it's like the people who run this county have never been anywhere in their lives and have no idea that there's more to life than Sonic and Cracker Barrel.

The cost of housing wasn't absurd until these huge houses and subdivisions started being built for those that have moved here and complain about living here. When Country Lakes was being built, you could buy a nice size split foyer home on a spacious lot for around $50,000. Downside was you had to make a major commute to make any money but it was worth it to live here in peace and quiet.
I met a guy not long ago who works for one of the DOD contractors and has lived all over the world. He loved it here and loved how friendly the people are. I believe it's what you make of it. If you walk around with stick up your a$$ and thinking you're better attitude, you aren't going to get to know the good people here. Smile, speak, be friendly, be helpful and it comes back to you.

mamatutu

mama to two

Okey, dokey. Welcome to politics. You had a vision, but it is not panning out. SoMD has always voted against the establishment, but we are out numbered because of politics. I think your forum is awesome because it gives us a voice in the darkness of it all. And, it is a way to have too much fun. Thank you for that. I have noticed a mellowing in you lately. I think it is because of Monello. Those terms have a strong resemblance; mellow and Monello. :lol: I followed Monello long before he was with you. I always thought he was awesome. I loved his way of life, his advice, and his fishing activities. It is sad what is happening to Maryland, but you/we have to watch out for ourselves. Your forum is a good thing for monitoring that. I am not a suck up. I knew from the beginning that you were a good person, and have supported that, even though I screwed up a couple of times. :lol:

Last edited:

MarieB

Because they are snobs and think they are better. People that throw around that term need to research and find the true definition of SMIB. I was not born or raised here but from Maryland. My entire life I've heard people from Northern Virginia put down people in Maryland. I've lived here since 82 and I can usually tell who is from here (SMIB = friendlier, kinder, willing to help, etc.) from those who aren't (usually snobby, unfriendly, lacking basic courtesies, etc.) right away. As I said, good riddance.

And yet you just did what you were complaining about :ohwell:

bilbur

I just have a hard time grasping why the people who truly hate it here stay. I realize being in the military does not give you the flexibility to choose your location but everyone else has that choice. I have traveled to many other places and I have yet to come across a community that I would leave this place for. I would never call the people of those other communities terrible, rude, etc... I would just say they were different from what I was used to. I know that I would not have as good of a job or be making as much money if all these people didn't come to the area but on the flip side I wouldn't need to make as much money because a house would be reasonably priced based on the local economy. I am thankful for some of the people that made their way to this community because they have become very close friends and they have embraced the community and are happy here. Some of the other people I could do without like the ones who are here less than 6 months and call the people terrible and the whole community horrible. Even with all of its faults, mostly brought on by the new people to the community, this is still a wonderful place to live and work.

NurseSherri

that's why I said I love you and you love me!! We have been making a positives list of So MD here at home so we don't focus on the negative... like.. Rita's ice-cream... ohhh yeahhh babe. And it is beautiful, the storms are wild and fun. The birds are so musical and lovely to listen to in the quiet mornings of my back porch. My tomatoes are coming in already! Five Guys burgers are da bomb. The farmer's market in Charlotte Hall is wonderful and lovely. The library in Leonardtown is awesome. The school is so much better than back in San Diego. SEE?! I'm not ALL complaints... but I am very homesick and this place just doesn't feel like home. That being said... I'm trying to make the most out of my stay here and I am only 5 hours from my family which I think is the best part of all. Thank you all for the wonderful advice you gave me before I came here... I did and do appreciate it.

But don't you agree about the deli people?

mudpuddle

that's why I said I love you and you love me!! We have been making a positives list of So MD here at home so we don't focus on the negative... like.. Rita's ice-cream... ohhh yeahhh babe. And it is beautiful, the storms are wild and fun. The birds are so musical and lovely to listen to in the quiet mornings of my back porch. My tomatoes are coming in already! Five Guys burgers are da bomb. The farmer's market in Charlotte Hall is wonderful and lovely. The library in Leonardtown is awesome. The school is so much better than back in San Diego. SEE?! I'm not ALL complaints... but I am very homesick and this place just doesn't feel like home. That being said... I'm trying to make the most out of my stay here and I am only 5 hours from my family which I think is the best part of all. Thank you all for the wonderful advice you gave me before I came here... I did and do appreciate it.

But don't you agree about the deli people?

I live in Charlotte Hall, so I know about the Farmer's Market...it is anything but wonderful and lovely....surely you are being sarcastic with saying this...but that's ok. Don't know about the Library where you live, but the Library here in Charlotte Hall isn't really a library at all....it is the saddest library I have ever seen in my travels...I would say there are more books in a bookstore, but oh, we don't have any bookstores here... I do hope you will genuinely find nice things about Southern Maryland. You should go to Solomons Island, and eat at the restaurant over the water and watch the sunset! That would help change your mind...