Jesus is either the biggest fraud in history or He is exactly who He claims to be.

Goofing_Off

dazed&fallen said:
awww and may you one day awake from your slumber amendment
Dazed, instead of simply disparaging us for our beliefs, would you instead elaborate on what you believe in? I'd be interested to know what you think is the truth.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
dazed&fallen said:
awww and may you one day awake from your slumber amendment
I have already been raised from my deadly slumber of human self elevation and false wisdom and now grasp that my purpose is to serve God's purpose.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
dems4me said:
:yeahthat: Trinity... I think Jehova Witnesses holds the belief that Jesus was the actual Son - theory.
I heard that they also believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers, and in "heaven" women will be eternally pregnant. :ohwell:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
As has been discussed, the Trinity is a more recent concept to the Christian church. The word Trinity is not found in the Bible. Now I understand how the concept took root; it was to give a name, people love naming stuff, to the concept of God in the three forms presented to mankind.

God, being totally Spirit, can be anything at anytime or multiple things at one time. There is one God that manifests Himself in different forms.

As to Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, Scientology, Seventh Day Adventist, they all have some other book that is authoritative for them instead of or in addition to the Bible.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Nickel said:
I heard that they also believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers, and in "heaven" women will be eternally pregnant. :ohwell:
Nevermind, I'm thinking of the Mormons.

Midnightrider

2ndAmendment said:
As to Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, Scientology, Seventh Day Adventist, they all have some other book that is authoritative for them instead of or in addition to the Bible.
and what makes that, or them, wrong? your book is instead of, or in additon to the OT.... does that make it also wrong?

'Cause they don't go for what's in the book
'N that makes 'em BAD
(Depending on which book you're using at the time . . . Can't use theirs . . . it don't work . . . it's all lies . . . Gotta use mine . . . )

FZ

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
and what makes that, or them, wrong? your book is instead of, or in additon to the OT.... does that make it also wrong?

'Cause they don't go for what's in the book
'N that makes 'em BAD
(Depending on which book you're using at the time . . . Can't use theirs . . . it don't work . . . it's all lies . . . Gotta use mine . . . )

FZ
I am just pointing out that those organizations rely on the work (book, thought) of one person. They do not rely on the word of God, the Bible, as their authoritative source. God gives us freedom of personal choice which includes the choice to follow His way or the way of some person be that person John Smith, Charles Darwin, or some other. For me, I would rather rely on God's word.

Midnightrider

2ndAmendment said:
I am just pointing out that those organizations rely on the work (book, thought) of one person. They do not rely on the word of God, the Bible, as their authoritative source. God gives us freedom of personal choice which includes the choice to follow His way or the way of some person be that person John Smith, Charles Darwin, or some other. For me, I would rather rely on God's word.
and the probelme with that is just that your "word of god" was written by a person, or collection there of, so who is to decide that the persons who wrote those other works didn't indeed have devine guidance as well?

Goofing_Off

Midnightrider said:
and the probelme with that is just that your "word of god" was written by a person, or collection there of, so who is to decide that the persons who wrote those other works didn't indeed have <b>devine guidance</b> as well?

The guidance of Devine Brown, the hooker Hugh Grant was caught with back in 1995? :roflmao:

Some of you people really need to learn how to spell.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
and the probelme with that is just that your "word of god" was written by a person, or collection there of, so who is to decide that the persons who wrote those other works didn't indeed have devine guidance as well?
The basic premise must be your own belief in God. You are free to believe or not; God gave you freewill. The Bible is not understood by those not of the Spirit. I believe to understand; I don't seek to understand, so I can believe.

I cannot convince you or anyone of the Truth. There is no debate with a non-believer. The Holy Spirit will convict you and you will see the Truth, or you will be eternally lost. I am more than happy to discuss and explain as I am lead by the Holy Spirit with those that are seeking the Truth. Those that are blinded by their own "wisdom" cannot be argued into believing, so it is useless to try. All I can do is pray that you eventually find the Truth which I have just done.

Midnightrider

2ndAmendment said:
The Holy Spirit will convict you and you will see the Truth, or you will be eternally lost. I am more than happy to discuss and explain as I am lead by the Holy Spirit with those that are seeking the Truth. Those that are blinded by their own "wisdom" cannot be argued into believing, so it is useless to try. All I can do is pray that you eventually find the Truth which I have just done.
WOW, such judgement in your words.....

all i was asking is where you draw the line, John Smith believed, and his followers believe that he was guided by the Holy Spirit- the same one you say is your god. So why is it inconcievable that this could be the truth?
I'm not a nonbeliever, but i don't go around discounting others' beliefs the way you do either.