Jesus is either the biggest fraud in history or He is exactly who He claims to be.

Midnightrider said:
WOW, such judgement in your words.....

all i was asking is where you draw the line, John Smith believed, and his followers believe that he was guided by the Holy Spirit- the same one you say is your god. So why is it inconcievable that this could be the truth?
I'm not a nonbeliever, but i don't go around discounting others' beliefs the way you do either.

All of lifes questions are answered in the Bible. Why don't you read the Bible for your answers yourself instead of asking 2A for a summary and then discrediting him. :patriot:

Midnightrider

Verisimilitude said:
All of lifes questions are answered in the Bible. Why don't you read the Bible for your answers yourself instead of asking 2A for a summary and then discrediting him. :patriot:
I didn't ask anybody for a summary, and i have read quite a bit of the bible, my question, as i spelled out in my post is where do you draw the line on if something should be treated as the "truth" , since all of the works in question were written by man at different times in history.
And i'm not dicrediting him, but i do feel he is being exrtremely judgemental and closed minded.

I know i didn't say anybody's anything would be lost if they didn't share my beliefs.

PJay

Verisimilitude said:

Not meaning to butt in, but the Bible is hard to understand for most. I really do not think he's trying to discredit 2nd. He just has questions like all of us have.

nomoney

Verisimilitude said:

does it really answer all of lifes questions? cause I can't seem to find the answer I've been looking for for a while now:

what length is too long for toenails :confused: I like them long enough so I can scratch my hubby's legs in bed when he starts snoring. But I can never find a perfect length. If they get too long they get ingrown; if they get too short I can't pizz off my hubby.......what section should I read to find this answer? :confused:

Homesick said:
Not meaning to butt in, but the Bible is hard to understand for most. I really do not think he's trying to discredit 2nd. He just has questions like all of us have.

That's why they make study bibles. :patriot:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
WOW, such judgement in your words.....

all i was asking is where you draw the line, John Smith believed, and his followers believe that he was guided by the Holy Spirit- the same one you say is your god. So why is it inconcievable that this could be the truth?
I'm not a nonbeliever, but i don't go around discounting others' beliefs the way you do either.
No judgment. It is your freewill that directs where you spend eternity. I have no decision making process in it. It is entirely between you and God. But the choice strictly boils down to heaven or hell; God's way or not.

Either the Bible is Truth or it is not. If even one word is not Truth, then none of is is worthy of trust or study. It is that simple.

The Bible says to beware of the counsel of angels. John Smith said he got his revelation from the angel Moroni.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
You know Chasey, I like you in person, but you certainly present a less than likable persona here. You obviously don't believe in God or the Bible by what you have posted. I know that you are living or have lived with someone who is not your husband. Is that why you find God and the Bible offensive?

2ndAmendment said:
No judgment. It is your freewill that directs where you spend eternity. I have no decision making process in it. It is entirely between you and God. But the choice strictly boils down to heaven or hell; God's way or not.

Either the Bible is Truth or it is not. If even one word is not Truth, then none of is is worthy of trust or study. It is that simple.

The Bible says to beware of the counsel of angels. John Smith said he got his revelation from the angel Moroni.
You are 100 % correct 2ndAmendment. Jesus saves! :patriot: If one verse is written in error, how would you discern which other passages are written in error or not? This theory would only lead folks to conveniently elect verses they may or may not want to believe (ala-carte style Bible interpretations and discard the rest). It is either flawless or imperfect (my opinion) in its entirety. :patriot:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
2ndAmendment said:
You know Chasey, I like you in person, but you certainly present a less than likable persona here. You obviously don't believe in God or the Bible by what you have posted. I know that you are living or have lived with someone who is not your husband. Is that why you find God and the Bible offensive?
I've lived with several people with whom I wasn't married to. Some girls, some guys. I don't find the Bible offensive, I find that it was written as a way we should lead our lives. Just because my opinion of the Bible (and I'm sure a few other things) is not the same as yours does not mean I'm not entitled to my opinion, or my opinion is any less than yours.

Midnightrider

2ndAmendment said:

See theres plenty of judgement there, and its yours, you just like to justify it with your faith.
You know the Nazis justified their atrocities with the very same book....

And chasey, those are the perfect length, but i perfer a little less ungodly color :kiss:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
2ndAmendment said:

I bet you just made a butt load of brownie points with god on that post.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Midnightrider said:
See theres plenty of judgement there, and its yours, you just like to justify it with your faith.
You know the Nazis justified their atrocities with the very same book....

And chasey, those are the perfect length, but i perfer a little less ungodly color :kiss:
How's this? :kiss:

Attachments

• toes.jpg
    toes.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 77

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
2ndAmendment said:
I know that you are living or have lived with someone who is not your husband. Is that why you find God and the Bible offensive?
2A, as much as I respect your beliefs, I think you were wrong in saying that to Chasey. Her personal life and her religious beliefs are no one else's business.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
2A, as much as I respect your beliefs, I think you were wrong in saying that to Chasey. Her personal life and her religious beliefs are no one else's business.
I know her IRL. She is nothing like her board persona. I asked because she has made a point to try to discredit or detract from much of what I post that is straight from the Bible. She answered the question. That is fine. Of course she is welcome to her own opinion; she has God given free will even if she does not recognize it is from God.

It is the power to choose God's way or not that is so important. It is that choice that we are alive for.

D

dems4me

Tonio said:

Its not like he accused her of being gay or anything :yikes: :drama: :roflmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
2ndAmendment said:
I asked because she has made a point to try to discredit or detract from much of what I post that is straight from the Bible.

2A, that's what you do to every post that disagrees with you. How is this any different? You attempt to discredit anyone and anything that is not alligned with your belief.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
2ndAmendment said:
I know her IRL. She is nothing like her board persona. I asked because she has made a point to try to discredit or detract from much of what I post that is straight from the Bible.
And you don't try to do the same? People will never be in agreeance when it comes to religion and politics. I don't care what symbol, person, animal you choose to pray to, it doesn't have a thing to do with me. I like people for who they are, not by their choice of church or belief. At any rate, I'm not going to argue something as ridiculous as this. Enjoy your day! :cheers: