Kirsten Gillibrand

littlelady

God bless the USA
It didn't start yesterday, they called Andy Jackson's wife a whore.

I know it didn’t start yesterday. :smile: Yes, it is a shame they went after Rachel Jackson. She died a few days after Jackson was elected, and before his inauguration. Very sad. It takes extremely thick skin to be in politics. Count me out. If I want to get abuse, I just get on this forum! :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Jackson

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Isn't that pretty much how Obama got his Senate seat.?
I seem to remember he started a sex scandal about his opponent , He had his custody agreement which was secret opened by hook or crook and it was exposed that he and his wife were into swapping or something.

Jack Ryan (politician)
John Clemens "Jack" Ryan[1] (born October 6, 1959) is a former investment banker and American politician who was a candidate in the 2004 U.S. Senate race in Illinois. In 2000, he retired as an active partner at Goldman Sachs to teach at Hales Franciscan High School, a private, 4-year Roman Catholic high school located in the Bronzeville neighborhood of Chicago.

Jack Ryan
Personal details
Born John Clemens Ryan
October 6, 1959 (age 58)
Wilmette, Illinois, U.S.
Political party Republican
Spouse(s) Jeri Ryan (1991–1999)
Amanda Ryan (2008–present)
Education Dartmouth College (BA)
Harvard University (JD, MBA)
His 2004 campaign for the Senate, against Barack Obama, received widespread media attention for the disclosure of sealed custody documents stemming from his divorce from actress Jeri Ryan. The unsealing of those documents, detailing allegations that Ryan had pressured his wife to perform sexual acts in public, led to Ryan's

SamSpade

I'd say his state Senate seat was even dirtier.
In some places,winning the nomination is a done deal for securing an election, because the region always votes one way or another.
In Obama's case, he was hoping to replace Alice Palmer, who was planning to leave her spot. When she announced, he began the campaign.
Later - when her constituents asked her to reconsider - she reneged on her announcement and ran for re-election.
This kind of pissed off Obama, because he only began HIS race because he previously had her endorsement AND she was intending to leave.

Obama challenged the petitions needed to run in Palmer's case - and she had to withdraw.
Actually, he did this also for all of his opponents and maybe this is just the way it works in Chicago, but every one of them had insufficient VALID signatures.

Obama got the nomination unopposed. He won in the general election unsurprisingly with 82% of the vote.
The next two terms as state Senator, he ran unopposed for the nomination.

I remember reading about this way back when that Jack Ryan crap was going on, and sadly, the only opponent the Republican party
could drum up at that late a date was Alan Keyes - a guy from out of state who had ZERO chance. To this day I can't figure out why they just didn't pick another
guy who ran in the primary against Ryan.

gemma_rae

This is :offtopic:, but who here is aware of the "Draft Kennedy" movement. This one being Joseph P. III of MA and the anointed replacement of the (less than) Honorable Barney Frank's seat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I seem to remember he started a sex scandal about his opponent , He had his custody agreement which was secret opened by hook or crook and it was exposed that he and his wife were into swapping or something.

From CNN, when they were a Hillary lapdog, before Obama won and they switched to being his lapdog, before going back to Hillary's lap (aka The 2008 Primary):

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/29/obamas.first.campaign/

As a community organizer, he had helped register thousands of voters. But when it came time to run for office, he employed Chicago rules to invalidate the voting petition signatures of three of his challengers. The move denied each of them, including incumbent Alice Palmer, a longtime Chicago activist, a place on the ballot. It cleared the way for Obama to run unopposed on the Democratic ticket in a heavily Democrat district.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And yet the Left cries about it when those same tactics are used against them.

I've been waiting for someone to take the kid gloves off and crucify Democrats for decades.

Where is Lee Atwater when you need him?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've been waiting for someone to take the kid gloves off and crucify Democrats for decades.

You and me both. To the crybabies who want Trump to stop tweeting and calling people what they are: :neener: Ya gotta fight fire with fire. The press is not going to give voice to our President, and therefore he must do it himself. You Democrats are just pissed because someone's giving it back to you, and you Republicans just like losing elections.