Lawyer says O'Reilly target of 'character assassination' by far-left groups

Hijinx

How can people that are so smart be so stupid?

Of course I'm assuming any of these allegations are true.

They let the little head do the thinking for them.
The list of men who have let the little head do their thinking for them is long and many notable people are on it.

TPD

the poor dad
MSNBC is having a field day tonight with the demise of O'Reilly.

On another note, Dana Perino is easy on the eyes. I wouldn't mind seeing her take the 8pm slot. With her and Martha before her at 7pm, the ending to my weekdays would be just wonderful!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would not be surprised if this were true .... Politics of Personal Destruction and all

No way. It's certainly true or Fox would never cut their top dog loose.

O'Reilly fascinates me now. Why do people do that, shoot themselves and engage in self-destruction? Do they really get so wrapped around themselves that they think they're untouchable?

I will miss his show - he was the only one of the three (four if you count Megyn Kelly) prime time talking heads that was interesting and intelligent.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Starting Monday, Fox will air Tucker Carlson’s show an hour earlier, in O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. ET slot, and move the popular ensemble show “The Five” from 5 to 9 p.m. On May 1, “Five” member Eric Bolling will debut a one-hour program at 5 p.m., and Martha MacCallum will make her “First 100 Days” show permanent at 7 p.m.

Yay! I love The Five and am glad to see Eric Bolling have his own show. We usually had to catch O'Reilly the second time around because we don't think about TV until later. Now I can miss Tucker and see The Five.

:yahoo:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

while I generally agree in the principle of money and ratings ....
the longer this goes on it becomes what I will call the Palin Rope - A - Dope Maneuver - bury the opposition in frivolous lawsuits eventually they get so bogged down they cannot work effectively

how may sexual harassment lawsuits has Gloria Aldridge file against Conservative Politicians as they start getting popular in a Presidential Race

this chick waited 3 yrs to complain, Bill still had her on his show, got her on The View, spoke about her books
..... boo ####ing hoo she doesn't get a JOB of Fox suddenly it's because Bill wanted some 3 yrs ago

:shrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No evidence of the smear campaign was offered directly in the statement, but, oddly, conservative media platform TheBlaze founder Glenn Beck may have provided some proof Wednesday morning via Twitter. Beck posted an email from the Bonner Group, a Left-wing fundraising activist group that works under Media Matters For America.

"The Bonner group/A Super PAC and fundraiser for Hillary & DNC. The Campaign against Bill OReily [sic] is orchestrated by [Media Matters] & [Boner Group]," Beck caption the email, adding a #smearcampaign hashtag.

bill.jpg

"Due to our advertiser education campaign, over 80 advertisers have currently dropped O'Reilly's show and the momentum continues to build," boasts the Left-wing group. "We are currently at a critical juncture in this campaign I hope you can join Media Matters President Angelo Carusone to hear about the success of the campaign so far, and our plans moving forward."

Bonner then offers an invitation for an upcoming group phone call seemingly concerning the campaign against O'Reilly.

Of course, this is not evidence that O'Reilly is innocent and the claims are bunk, but it does show a coordinated effort from the Left to oust O'Reilly for his political views.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15505...-oreilly-blasts-far-left-amanda-prestigiacomo

SamSpade

I will miss his show - he was the only one of the three (four if you count Megyn Kelly) prime time talking heads that was interesting and intelligent.

Me too. People were *AFRAID* of O'Reilly. It was a liberal rite of passage to claim you'd been on O'Reilly.
Heck, I'M a little afraid of him.

No one else I know has that, although Tucker Carlson, with his baby face and bow ties is coming close.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would not be surprised if this were true .... Politics of Personal Destruction and all

Oh, come on. FOX is going to abandon their #1 star because of un-founded allegations? Or, they're getting out in front of something they knew was gonna blow up sooner or later?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

O'Reilly fascinates me now. Why do people do that, shoot themselves and engage in self-destruction? Do they really get so wrapped around themselves that they think they're untouchable?

I don't think it's 'shooting himself' or self destruction in the sense that he was an alter boy and THEN decided the rules didn't apply. He probably has ALWAYS been a little rough around the edges, probably always skirted the limits of gentlemanly conduct and simply worked, bulled, charmed his way out of trouble. It simply caught up with him. My presumption is that, if anything, he doesn't make sure he apologized adequately or helped them out or made it up to them enough as he maybe did in the past. So, in that sense maybe he shot himself; went from charming rogue, if a tad inappropriate, to creepy, dirty old man?

SamSpade

Oh, come on. FOX is going to abandon their #1 star because of un-founded allegations? Or, they're getting out in front of something they knew was gonna blow up sooner or later?

I don't know BUT -

I had heard for QUITE some time that he was considering ending the show - and I remember because the first thing I thought of was, well crap, who can replace O'Reilly?

I'm disinclined to believe some of the more salacious claims, but I do believe the kind of innocuous comments he's made to women in the workplace.

I think this was a situation where canning him made them look better. He gets his money, they look better and it was happening anyway.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't know BUT -

I had heard for QUITE some time that he was considering ending the show - and I remember because the first thing I thought of was, well crap, who can replace O'Reilly?

I'm disinclined to believe some of the more salacious claims, but I do believe the kind of innocuous comments he's made to women in the workplace.

I think this was a situation where canning him made them look better. He gets his money, they look better and it was happening anyway.

FOX seems a mess with Ailes and this and for the 'We Hate The Clinton's/Obama's' crowd who like a fair and balanced lean against them, it seems they've been buying into the wholesome, 'looking out for the people' crap from a bunch of people who are, simply, hypocrites.

I think Bill is not and never was a conservative. I thin k he, among all the major talking heads, did the MOST fair job, by miles, of letting his guest, no matter how left, have their say. If you liked his shtick, great. Solid show. However, for those reasons, I don't think FOX just cuts him loose if there is no 'there' there or he simply happened to call all the ladies 'babe' or sweet cheeks.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's pretty clear that Murdoch's sons are trying to completely change the "face" of Fox news and make it more "CNN-like" . Good luck with that..."messing with success" has seldom proven to be a good business strategy.

I wonder how long Steve Doocy will stick around with all the changes happening.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think Bill is not and never was a conservative.

O'Reilly has never claimed to be a conservative. He has been consistently all over the map with his views - liberal, conservative, libertarian. He argues with the Left, he argues with the Right. Anyone who thinks BillO is a rightwinger has never watched his show more than a few times, nor have they read any of his books.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
O'Reilly has never claimed to be a conservative. He has been consistently all over the map with his views - liberal, conservative, libertarian. He argues with the Left, he argues with the Right. Anyone who thinks BillO is a rightwinger has never watched his show more than a few times, nor have they read any of his books.

I know that. You know that. I just mentioned it for clarification for those who may think he is.