Lawyer says O'Reilly target of 'character assassination' by far-left groups

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's pretty clear that Murdoch's sons are trying to completely change the "face" of Fox news and make it more "CNN-like".

well Fox news is done then ...... only a matter of time, IMHO the will make a Poltico like transformation over time ...
IMHO Conservatives that want News NOT Opinion Pieces have moved on line now ....
they were good a good source for 'fair' news 20 yrs ago when CNN was the only game in town - besides ABC, NBC, CBS

Information moves at the speed of Twitter Now ....
its annoying to read something on-line and the next evening or on day 2 it MIGHT be on TV and 3 days later WMAL is discussing it

Christy

b*tch rocket
I have never been a fan of O'Reilly and just can't stand watching him. Not because of the content, just because his demeanor and his voice is like fingernails down the chalkboard. With that being said, I am somewhat annoyed with these women. Are they so delicate and fragile that you can't tell a dirty old man to f*%k off? Are you so weak that you need a million+ dollar payout? I know, I know, I'm "victim shaming", but seriously, it's embarrassing to me as a woman. I am a woman who is perfectly capable of surviving through a man making off color, or even vulgar (gasp) remarks, even those directed specifically towards me. I have heard a lot and have never felt fearful or threatened, and if any of these women did, and they took a payout, then shame on them because they should have done more about it than sue for some cash.

Anyway. I'll hop off my soapbox now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have never been a fan of O'Reilly and just can't stand watching him. Not because of the content, just because his demeanor and his voice is like fingernails down the chalkboard. With that being said, I am somewhat annoyed with these women. Are they so delicate and fragile that you can't tell a dirty old man to f*%k off? Are you so weak that you need a million+ dollar payout? I know, I know, I'm "victim shaming", but seriously, it's embarrassing to me as a woman. I am a woman who is perfectly capable of surviving through a man making off color, or even vulgar (gasp) remarks, even those directed specifically towards me. I have heard a lot and have never felt fearful or threatened, and if any of these women did, and they took a payout, then shame on them because they should have done more about it than sue for some cash.

See, this is why we suck. How many opportunities to cash in have you just blown off and left that money laying in the road? I can't count how many times some guy with enough wealth to make it worth my while has hit on me or been vulgar in my presence, and I either played it off or cussed him instead of getting paid.

That is such bull####. We could so be rich right now. :mad:

Hijinx

Ladies: If it bothers you make a complaint to the person, if that doesn't work complain to management, If that doesn't work slap the piss out of the fool and dare him to do anything about it.

SamSpade

See, this is why we suck. How many opportunities to cash in have you just blown off and left that money laying in the road? I can't count how many times some guy with enough wealth to make it worth my while has hit on me or been vulgar in my presence, and I either played it off or cussed him instead of getting paid.

Dontcha just love the good old days, when women would just slap men in the face for it?

And *MEN* would just smirk and take it while their friends laughed at them?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dontcha just love the good old days, when women would just slap men in the face for it?

And *MEN* would just smirk and take it while their friends laughed at them?

or the 'good' old days when women would just do what was expected so they could keep their job?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
or the 'good' old days when women would just do what was expected so they could keep their job?

I am 53 years old and have never experienced that one single time, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say those days are not only long over, but they've been over for quite some time.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Tell that to Paula and Kathleen and all Bill's 'babes'.

one was sexual assault [ Grouped] the other was harassment [Jones was propositioned and Clinton Exposed himself to her]

I don't see where either was 'putting out' to keep a JOB - maybe you meant JFK

Wishbone

That is such bull####. We could so be rich right now. :mad:

Keep in mind, in many cases you'd have been offered a settlement paid out in 10oz budweiser and pork rinds.

Hijinx

There is an old joke about a guy on the street that asks every woman that passes by for sex. He gets his face slapped., His Buddy says I bet you get your face slapped a lot. The guy says yeah I do. But I get a lot of sex too.

Maybe that is why O'Reilly kept trying, but things have changed today, women are empowered.
And Bill is out of a job.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I like O'Reilly, but I completely agree with the rest of your post. When that kind of thing happened to me in the past, I didn't run off crying about it to HR, I just nipped it in the bud right then and there.