Lazy gate guards.....

Richard Cranium

Pandora said:
Ya, well I bet you had no toys and no friends when you were a child. :whistle:

Good night Dick Head :howdy: sweet dreams.

And MP, don't be eating all the hay now. :nono: I gotta keep up my weight you know.

Good night to you too, Bessie.

smcop

Richard Cranium said:
As in, I've done it in the past...but I wouldn't expect you to understand any concept of moving up the ladder :smack:
Richard, you know I gave you a promotion...originally I had you working at the frie stand, now I got you doing the McChickens! I'm sure with your attitude in six or seven years you could an assistant manager trainee!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Richard Cranium said:
Waddle over to Gate 2 and sit down in the chair in your little guard hut, like you do anyways, and check ID's as we pass by. Gate 2 needs to be open 24/7.
Let me get this straight: The base has been announcing the closing of gate 2 since January, explained exactly why, and you were either too stupid or too lazy to pay attention. Now you blame the gate guards?

I realize that gate 2 is the easiest way to get to the McD's on base so you can get to your minimum wage job pouring boiling coffee on little old ladies, but isn't it about time you took a little responsibility for your actions?

You are constantly blaming others for your problems, but you never blame the person who really caused the problem: you.

Get some professional help. You need it, and you need it bad.

R

residentofcre

(((echo))) said:
if you had ANY clue what they have to go through.....you would get out of you vehicle next time, walk up, give them a cup of coffee, and say thanx for what they do.
Untill then, do what you do now....roll up all pizzed, dont roll down your window, keep your cell phone pasted to your ear, and be as rude as possible...

As I recall... at Oceana if I rolled up in my car and jumped out... it would make the guards very very nervous... Think it was that way at New London too.....

E

(((echo)))

if you got out with a cup of coffee i'm pretty sure they would holster their side arm.
The point i'm trying to make is that the 3+ years that I was on the gates, maybe 80ppl out of the thousands that drove through actually were "pleasent"
Time and time again they would refer to us as "a nuisance(sp)" and would actually go out of their way to be rude...
So....out of spite (yeah we were immature) we would retaliate. I.E. sitting on our azz....making you wait...more than average random vehicle searches "especially in the cold"

bohman

Lugnut said:
The guys posts are umm, without diplomacy... But he does have some valid points buried in the hostility and sarcasm.

Perhaps, but I can think of few bits of wisdom worth digging through that much garbage.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
(((echo))) said:
if you got out with a cup of coffee i'm pretty sure they would holster their side arm.
The point i'm trying to make is that the 3+ years that I was on the gates, maybe 80ppl out of the thousands that drove through actually were "pleasent"
Time and time again they would refer to us as "a nuisance(sp)" and would actually go out of their way to be rude...
So....out of spite (yeah we were immature) we would retaliate. I.E. sitting on our azz....making you wait...more than average random vehicle searches "especially in the cold"

Each and everytime I go through the gate I am very nice saying either good morning, afternoon, how are you, have a nice day, and I ALWAYS say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the guard this morning... I was nice to him, but I did not like the way he was checking badges. I didn't even have mine out the window and he waved me through.

MDTerps said:
Each and everytime I go through the gate I am very nice saying either good morning, afternoon, how are you, have a nice day, and I ALWAYS say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
:yeahthat: Each and every time.

R

residentofcre

(((echo))) said:

Man... you're a real bummer to read....

When I lived in Virginia Beach [Navy Brat Here] I use to drive for Beach Taxi. Let me tell you... I appreciated the way the gate guards went out of their way to do an excellent job.... Professional... Uniforms pressed and pleated...

I've been through bomb threats at the gates at NOB. These guys are second to none.... I never felt fear.... Always felt Secure....

I've never been through any of the gates here at PAX... but I would be really nervous based on your posting.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I thank them every time they do it right: look at the badge, look at my decal, and look at me. I really respect the guys who call me by name - it shows that they just didn't glance at my badge, they really read it.

I even thanked the guys who did a random search of my car with a dog one time. It made me late to a meeting, but everyone in the meeting felt safer knowing that there is actual security at the gate, not a token like mouth breathing RC thinks the security is.

Once in a while there a guys at the gate who don't leave the shack, and wave me through while I'm still 10 yards away. I realize it's cold, boring, and low threat, but it is still their job. There are maybe 2% of the gate guards who are giving RC the ammunition to spew his assinine vitriol.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
MMDad said:
There are maybe 2% of the gate guards who are giving RC the ammunition to spew his assinine vitriol.
He can't be pleased. If they don't do it right, he'll cry. If they do do it right, He'll cry that it takes too long.

R

residentofcre

MMDad said:
I thank them every time they do it right: look at the badge, look at my decal, and look at me. I really respect the guys who call me by name - it shows that they just didn't glance at my badge, they really read it.

I even thanked the guys who did a random search of my car with a dog one time. It made me late to a meeting, but everyone in the meeting felt safer knowing that there is actual security at the gate, not a token like mouth breathing RC thinks the security is.

Once in a while there a guys at the gate who don't leave the shack, and wave me through while I'm still 10 yards away. I realize it's cold, boring, and low threat, but it is still their job. There are maybe 2% of the gate guards who are giving RC the ammunition to spew his assinine vitriol.

Well said .... I usually said something to someone about it being an "easy day" when the Gate Guards seemed to let people in that way... but the last real "easy day" I remember the military enjoying was back in Groton. Since then it seemed the level of preparedness and necessary precaution has been entensifying.

But then again... I never have been through a gate at PAX Maybe the guard mentality has changed.... I expect any guard to check my id....

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
residentofcre said:
Well said .... I usually said something to someone about it being an "easy day" when the Gate Guards seemed to let people in that way... but the last real "easy day" I remember the military enjoying was back in Groton. Since then it seemed the level of preparedness and necessary precaution has been entensifying.

But then again... I never have been through a gate at PAX Maybe the guard mentality has changed.... I expect any guard to check my id....
Dahlgren used to be easy. Until about a year ago it was an open base.

mrweb

Iron City
MMDad said:

A vast majority of the time I see the gate guard look first at my base decal, then the eyes turn to the ID card to actually read it, look at me, then repeat my name with a have a nice day. I find nearly all of them to be very professional and I, for one, am happy to have them as our front-line of security on base. They don't ever get enough credit for what they do, in all kinds of weather, 24/7.

O

oldnavy

How long ago was it that you were a gate guard here? I doubt very much that you'd get away with that crap now days.

(((echo))) said:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
As a safety and security measure, gate guards are not suppose to accept food or drinks from strangers at the gate regardless of how kind the gesture is... :coffee: