Leonardtown HS lockdown

onebdzee

off the shelf
Somdmommy said:
Thats so sweet!

I think he realize that I was a little worried when all of his friends got text or voice mail messages from me

he's getting his own phone tomorrow

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I just went by the schools and LMS still has yellow police tape all around it, plus a boatload of news crews are still there. :jameo:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
onebdzee said:
I think he realize that I was a little worried when all of his friends got text or voice mail messages from me

he's getting his own phone tomorrow
I know if my son were old enough and was there, I would have done the same!

H

hborror

Shannie0308 said:
Weren't the people arrested with drugs constrution workers?

Some kids too! Thats what WTOP said, and if you think about it Im sure alot of kids had it on em'.

hborror said:
Some kids too! Thats what WTOP said, and if you think about it Im sure alot of kids had it on em'.
They are doing a room by room and locker by locker search. I fully expect alot of kids will get busted before this is all over with... we can only hope...:banana:

Somdmommy

kwillia said:
They are doing a room by room and locker by locker search. I fully expect alot of kids will get busted before this is all over with... we can only hope...:banana:
Oh man, there are going to be some worried kids tonight!

H

hborror

kwillia said:

I agree with you 100%

Somdmommy said:
Oh man, there are going to be some worried kids tonight!
I'm hearing that none of them were allowed to go back to their lockers before being allowed to leave... :evil: The news reported that students will be allowed in tomorrow to pick up the things they weren't allowed to retrieve today.

Somdmommy

kwillia said:
I'm hearing that none of them were allowed to go back to their lockers before being allowed to leave... :evil: The news reported that students will be allowed in tomorrow to pick up the things they weren't allowed to retrieve today.
Uh oh....They are sure to find something good!

W

Wenchy

kwillia said:

Excellent! Some will be sweating it out, and hopefully will confess to their parents before the fact:

"Dad, I have rainbow colored/flavored condoms in my locker...but I AM being careful."

"Mom, remember how you told me you used to get high in HS?"

"Ummmmmm...I did print out a research paper from the internet, that I paid for with your credit card, but I was going to pay it off before you knew (with a money order, with the cash I took from your wallet)

"Yes, I have naked pictures of males and females in my locker...please understand my confusion?"

"OMG! My diary is in there! Why didn't I utilize myspace instead?"

Somdmommy

Somdmommy said:
Uh oh....They are sure to find something good!
:killingme:
Hubby thought they couldnt bust the kids for whatever they find in the lockers. Hes from NC where the kids buy their own locks. As far as I remember they schools up here issue them, so no need for a warrant to cut locks.

Ohh I bet there are some kids getting 3rd degree at the dinner table about what the cops will find in their locker!

Somdmommy

Wenchy said:
Excellent! Some will be sweating it out, and hopefully will confess to their parents before the fact:

"Dad, I have rainbow colored/flavored condoms in my locker...but I AM being careful."

"Mom, remember how you told me you used to get high in HS?"

"Ummmmmm...I did print out a research paper from the internet, that I paid for with your credit card, but I was going to pay it off before you knew (with a money order, with the cash I took from your wallet)

"Yes, I have naked pictures of males and females in my locker...please understand my confusion?"

"OMG! My diary is in there! Why didn't I utilize myspace instead?"

onebdzee

off the shelf
Somdmommy said:
Hubby thought they couldnt bust the kids for whatever they find in the lockers. Hes from NC where the kids buy their own locks. As far as I remember they schools up here issue them, so no need for a warrant to cut locks.

Ohh I bet there are some kids getting 3rd degree at the dinner table about what the cops will find in their locker!

the kids pay for them at the beginning of the year....locks are already on the door

I don't beleive that they need a search warrant in a situation like this....
and YES, they can get busted for it!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
appyday said:
..she did say the SWAT frisked all the kids...suprised though they did not have a woman searching and patting down the girls...thanks for asking she is fine... :huggy:

Question would be, how many female SWAT members are there...

If given the choice would you let a male search you, or stay in your seat for another 6 hours while they clear the rest of the school, then bring in a female cop to frisk you..

Personally I'd wait the six hours for a female cop to frisk, and hopefully handcuff me..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
K-T7 said:
seriously?.....wow that surprises me too...they should have had women patting down the girls!!!...Hmmm wonder how many women are SWAT?
Probably between zero and none..

Mikeinsmd

onebdzee said:
the kids pay for them at the beginning of the year....locks are already on the door

I don't beleive that they need a search warrant in a situation like this....
and YES, they can get busted for it!
:yeahthat: The locker is school property. I don't believe a warrant is required.

GotMilk

Mikeinsmd said:
:yeahthat: The locker is school property. I don't believe a warrant is required.

They should have searched them before the kids went home.

But for some reason I feel as if this was a prank anyway.

OrneryPest

lower life form
Mikeinsmd said:
I think you're right. From remembering my high school days, the locker was school property and I think we were only allowed to keep in it what the school said we were supposed to keep in it.