Leonardtown HS lockdown

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Negative Nancy said:
You of all people should know that is BS. Where is your up to the minute news report?
WE are not a news site, missy. :razz: We do not even pretend to be a news site. Nobody relies on us for up-to-the-minute news reporting. Every radio station in North America (except apparently WSMD) knows they are a source for breaking local news and people tune in to get the story when something's going on. They should have had live coverage throughout the whole thing.

It's pretty friggin' sad when the St. Mary's Today can keep abreast of a story but the local radio station can't.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
It's pretty friggin' sad when the St. Mary's Today can keep abreast of a story but the local radio station can't.

I think it's pretty sad that a non-media/news source can keep up with the news over the supposed "news" outlets. :lol:

onebdzee

off the shelf
vraiblonde said:
WE are not a news site, missy. :razz: We do not even pretend to be a news site. Nobody relies on us for up-to-the-minute news reporting. Every radio station in North America (except apparently WSMD) knows they are a source for breaking local news and people tune in to get the story when something's going on. They should have had live coverage throughout the whole thing.

or a friend of my 17 yr olds dad, who's in Texas, saw it on the news before the radio reported it :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So what go on with your TV news down there? Does Channel 10 (or whatever the local channel is) offer any news or anything like that?

onebdzee

off the shelf
vraiblonde said:
So what go on with your TV news down there? Does Channel 10 (or whatever the local channel is) offer any news or anything like that?

channel 4 had the "breaking news" off and on all day....which I learned more from the forums than the info they had

both channel 4 and 5 had it as one of the headline news stories....and again, I learned more on here than the news had :ohwell:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:
Um, did you suddenly forget grammar????? :killingme

GotMilk

onebdzee said:
channel 4 had the "breaking news" off and on all day....which I learned more from the forums than the info they had

both channel 4 and 5 had it as one of the headline news stories....and again, I learned more on here than the news had :ohwell:

Yeah, 4 really didn't have any updates til after all was done and kids went home.. At least thats what I thought.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:
We be saying, ain't nothing goin on here with the local channel....

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I am thankful everyone made it home safe regardless of how late it was. I am thankful nothing was found, although some prankster needs his azz kicked. I think the police did exactly the right thing and reported only the facts, as they should have. I think the BOE did the right thing in shutting up and letting the police do their job, using media to get the information out to the community.
Now if we could have just stopped the unfounded rumors from flying today, a few less people would have suffered from near heart attacks.

onebdzee

off the shelf
GotMilk said:
Yeah, 4 really didn't have any updates til after all was done and kids went home.. At least thats what I thought.

16 yr old watched fox and they didn't have much either....well, except one of his friends got interviewed and they got a shot of another one

on 4 I recognized him getting on the bus :lmao:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
refugee44 said:
You know, I know every single one of those men (including the two in the picture) who were at the school today with one intent, and one intent only... to keep your children safe. Yes, they have scary looking equipment, but they need it to keep you and themselves safe. Be thankful you live in a community with some of the best trained and equiped special operations officers in the state. Thank one of them the next time you see them.

I'm not to sure I would go that far, I remember a few years back there was a guy trying to kill his wife, and one of the SWAT guys tried to sneak up around back. He dropped his gun and fired a shot!!!

If I were a student though, I would have to say that having those guys there would make me feel VERY safe. What little #### is gunna try and shoot the place up with a school full of SWAT there with bigger guns than that twerp could even dream of!! :wench:

Geek

bresamil said:
I am thankful everyone made it home safe regardless of how late it was. I am thankful nothing was found, although some prankster needs his azz kicked. I think the police did exactly the right thing and reported only the facts, as they should have. I think the BOE did the right thing in shutting up and letting the police do their job, using media to get the information out to the community.
Now if we could have just stopped the unfounded rumors from flying today, a few less people would have suffered from near heart attacks.

Well said.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Negative Nancy said:
THEY dropped the ball? You of all people should know that is BS. Where is your up to the minute news report? Why doesn’t SOMD have more news other than this forum full of BS rumors? If the police and schools don't release info that is credible how can the radio? Should they just make it up like this forum did? Whatever, I would rather have NO news and a kid that is OK then the BS rumor mill that was in here today.

:lmao: Here's your sign.. :jameo:

willie

Now that last week is all over and things should be sorted out, does anyone have Cliff notes of what really happened? Did the truck driver on 231 really die? One of them lose their leg? Did the students at Leonardtown make a false report and were led away in handcuffs? Was it really a narcotics raid to catch the construction workers distributing? All the media still have a different version of both incidents.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
willie said:
Now that last week is all over and things should be sorted out, does anyone have Cliff notes of what really happened? Did the truck driver on 231 really die? One of them lose their leg? Did the students at Leonardtown make a false report and were led away in handcuffs? Was it really a narcotics raid to catch the construction workers distributing? All the media still have a different version of both incidents.
It was all a ploy to ensure Ray Nagins re-election.