Lyrics...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ummm, no I hate them....If it's in ear shot I find the source and kill it....

You can hate a few of their songs - Norweigian Wood, for example - but you cannot hate them all. Unless you just hate music. Do you hate music?

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Okay Larry, I know it's not exactly what you're asking for but how about young children singing "Ring around the Rosie, pocket full of posies, Ashes Ashes we all fall down!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Most of Springsteen's Born in the USA album is depressing words set to dance music. I'm On Fire is just creepy.

Hey little girl is your daddy home
Did he go and leave you all alone
I got a bad desire
Ohh I'm on fire...

:twitch:

Hank

my war
vraiblonde said:
Most of Springsteen's Born in the USA album is depressing words set to dance music. I'm On Fire is just creepy.

Hey little girl is your daddy home
Did he go and leave you all alone
I got a bad desire
Ohh I'm on fire...

:twitch:

I hate Bruce like Hurley hates The Beatles....

musiclady

As a kid, I remember watching MASH and liking the comedy. The instrumental did not seem dark. As an adult, it was surprised at the lyrics that went with it. Would never have known.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This tread, unlike comments about EMS, has gone just as I had hoped.

We live in a world where much of pop music has long had some rather bleak and even sinister content, lyrically, yet is not worrisome, for some reason, if the music is gentle yet, let Ozzy blare out 'Suicide Solution' or AC/DC does "Night Prowler" or Priest has some sort of heavy lyrical content and, it seems to me, the music, rock music, distorted guitars and thundering drums, all of a sudden makes the lyrics a big deal.

Always fascinated me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This tread, unlike comments about EMS, has gone just as I had hoped.

We live in a world where much of pop music has long had some rather bleak and even sinister content, lyrically, yet is not worrisome, for some reason, if the music is gentle yet, let Ozzy blare out 'Suicide Solution' or AC/DC does "Night Prowler" or Priest has some sort of heavy lyrical content and, it seems to me, the music, rock music, distorted guitars and thundering drums, all of a sudden makes the lyrics a big deal.

Always fascinated me.

But you yourself admitted that you don't listen to the words as much as the music. Clearly other people do the same.

I, on the other hand, am a lyrics person and can always understand what the song is saying regardless of the music its set to.

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight - a song about a couple going on a picnic and fishing.

Relax, don't do it - an anti-stress song, like Don't Worry Be Happy.

And that song about a musical family, a la the Partridges - Mama's got a squeezebox she wears on her chest and when Daddy comes home he never gets no rest.

:yay: