Magnesium Deficient

phreddyp

I have spoken to a few who told me the same thing.

I am unvaccinated.

I only have 1 functioning kidney due to losing one in childhood due to a UPJ obstruction that went unnoticed, well, I was in the hospital for Pneumonia so it was just missed.

I opted not to get the vaccine. One girl with the same condition I have in Virginia died after getting the vaccine so that was enough for me. She was young. It was heartbreaking.

I ended up off the magnesium in Jan. due to having slightly elevated numbers (just a tad over marker). I was taking a bit too much.

Right now, I am feeling better than I have in a long time. I went off several medications. I was on 4 pills now just 1 pill, Lisinopril. I have accepted that I will always be on some dose of Lisinopril for the rest of my life and that is due to my living with 1 kidney.

Tomorrow, I will find out if I am going on a pill for high uric acid. Thanks dad :( And I say that because I'm sure I inherited that but also some of the medication I was on can cause it to go up. Even on the high end of studies that show the medications do raise UA, I know it won't account for all of it. There is very little diet will do here if I inherited it.
Does the high uric acid cause you to get gout?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am on allopurinol, have never had another gout episode since I started it.
I saw my kidney doctor today and he started to write me a script for that but stopped. I worked with my doctor 2 weeks ago to go off of 3 medications, so we wait to retest in June. We shall see. He wants to see the numbers after 3 months of being off those medications beforehand.

phreddyp

I saw my kidney doctor today and he started to write me a script for that but stopped. I worked with my doctor 2 weeks ago to go off of 3 medications, so we wait to retest in June. We shall see. He wants to see the numbers after 3 months of being off those medications beforehand.
I've been on it like 12 years, good luck!

phreddyp

And side effects?
I had chronic gout for about 3 years, every quack I saw about it in southern Maryland, Urgent Care, ER all prescribed the same treatment "indomethacin" which in my case was totally f**kin worthless. Dr Nasr in Lusby was my GP that was my 1st mistake. Finally, a friend of mine mentioned a Dr. Lichenstein in Annapolis made an appointment, he prescribed " Allopurinol" 10 Mg worked like a charm, I have not had an episode in over 10 years. Good Luck gout sucks!

gemma_rae

I had chronic gout for about 3 years, every quack I saw about it in southern Maryland, Urgent Care, ER all prescribed the same treatment "indomethacin" which in my case was totally f**kin worthless. Dr Nasr in Lusby was my GP that was my 1st mistake. Finally, a friend of mine mentioned a Dr. Lichenstein in Annapolis made an appointment, he prescribed " Allopurinol" 10 Mg worked like a charm, I have not had an episode in over 10 years. Good Luck gout sucks!
I use diet and Colchicine, only when needed, to control gout. I can't look at a skrimpus without my ankle hurting!

phreddyp

I use diet and Colchicine, only when needed, to control gout. I can't look at a skrimpus without my ankle hurting!
The way my Dr. explained it to me was, my cartilage was storing Uric acid, then there was an event triggering the release of the acid (injury, like stubbing a toe, becoming dehydrated or an emotional event birth, death, accident) the Uric acid was then released then the acid concentration became high enough to crystalize into the needle shape they become. The allopurinol apparently does not allow the acid to be stored, therefor the concentration does not become high enough for the crystals to form. He also explained that diet is irrelevant, I still eat and drink all of the same things that I ever did so maybe in my case this is true. I still keep Oxycontin and Colchicine at the ready just in case though.

gemma_rae

The way my Dr. explained it to me was, my cartilage was storing Uric acid, then there was an event triggering the release of the acid (injury, like stubbing a toe, becoming dehydrated or an emotional event birth, death, accident) the Uric acid was then released then the acid concentration became high enough to crystalize into the needle shape they become. The allopurinol apparently does not allow the acid to be stored, therefor the concentration does not become high enough for the crystals to form. He also explained that diet is irrelevant, I still eat and drink all of the same things that I ever did so maybe in my case this is true. I still keep Oxycontin and Colchicine at the ready just in case though.
My Dr. said daily allopurin may not be right for me for some reason. I searched colchicine and it is a strong anti-inflammatory and sounds like it may actually reduce the sharpness of the crystals formed by the uric acid.

I try to avoid foods high in purines which cause the uric acid, but if allopurin works for you, stay with it!

Interesting theory about triggering it. I get gout in my ankles, and I have a long history of trauma to both ankles, mostly sprains from climbing.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What foods make gout worse?
The top 10 foods and drinks that trigger gout are:

Sugary drinks and sweets. Standard table sugar is half fructose, which breaks down into uric acid. Any food or drink with higher sugar content can trigger gout.

High fructose corn syrup. This is a concentrated form of fructose. If you start looking at labels, you’ll find high fructose corn syrup in all kinds of packaged food products that you wouldn’t necessarily expect.

Alcohol. Even though not all alcoholic drinks are high in purines, alcohol prevents your kidneys from eliminating uric acid, pulling it back into your body, where it continues to accumulate.

Organ meats. These include liver, tripe sweetbreads, brains and kidneys.

Game meats. Specialties such as goose, veal and venison are among the reasons why gout was known in the Middle Ages as the “rich man’s disease."

Certain seafood, including herring, scallops, mussels, codfish, tuna, trout and haddock.

Red meats, including beef, lamb, pork and bacon.

Turkey. This leaner meat is, nonetheless, high in purines. Especially avoid processed deli turkey.

Gravy and meat sauces.

Yeast and yeast extract.

So in other words... Lettuce. Just eat lettuce and pray for death.

phreddyp

What foods make gout worse?
The top 10 foods and drinks that trigger gout are:

Sugary drinks and sweets. Standard table sugar is half fructose, which breaks down into uric acid. Any food or drink with higher sugar content can trigger gout.

High fructose corn syrup. This is a concentrated form of fructose. If you start looking at labels, you’ll find high fructose corn syrup in all kinds of packaged food products that you wouldn’t necessarily expect.

Alcohol. Even though not all alcoholic drinks are high in purines, alcohol prevents your kidneys from eliminating uric acid, pulling it back into your body, where it continues to accumulate.

Organ meats. These include liver, tripe sweetbreads, brains and kidneys.

Game meats. Specialties such as goose, veal and venison are among the reasons why gout was known in the Middle Ages as the “rich man’s disease."

Certain seafood, including herring, scallops, mussels, codfish, tuna, trout and haddock.

Red meats, including beef, lamb, pork and bacon.

Turkey. This leaner meat is, nonetheless, high in purines. Especially avoid processed deli turkey.

Gravy and meat sauces.

Yeast and yeast extract.

So in other words... Lettuce. Just eat lettuce and pray for death.
If you ever get gout you may actually PFD.