Magnesium Deficient

gemma_rae

Not heart related, but still interesting... when my dad was in Hospice in his final days, he was having hallucinations. It was explained to us that because his bile duct was plugged, there was a buildup of potassium. Excess potassium affects portions of the brain causing hallucinations.
I need to check this out Sneaks. Is it possible one banana a day could cause excess potassium?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thanks, my mom's nurse recommended magnesium for leg cramps in the middle of the night and it seems to reduced them greatly.
I'll have to look into this. I've been experiencing sometimes nightly leg cramps so bad, death would've been acceptable relief. I thought it was lack of potassium and self medicated and screwed my numbers up terribly. When my doctor found out how much I was taking, she jumped all over me. I told her that she wasn't helping me so I took matters into my own hands.

I finally started looking into the meds she HAS prescribed, and found atorvastatin can cause muscle cramps, elevated blood sugar, and ED :yikes: I suffer two out of three and sure as hell don't want to gamble with the third.

I ran out about a week ago and noticed that leg cramps are almost nonexistent now. I can't wait to get bloodwork again to check my A1C, which is borderline even though I watch my sugar intake religiously.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I ran out about a week ago and noticed that leg cramps are almost nonexistent now. I can't wait to get bloodwork again to check my A1C, which is borderline even though I watch my sugar intake religiously.
I'm on Metformin and started doing a daily blood sugar test at the beginning of April. Got my A1C down from 8.7 to 5.5. My 90 day blood glucose daily average from 127 down to 11. I've also lost 27 pounds since the beginning of July.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm on Metformin and started doing a daily blood sugar test at the beginning of April. Got my A1C down from 8.7 to 5.5. My 90 day blood glucose daily average from 127 down to 11. I've also lost 27 pounds since the beginning of July.
I'm on Metformin as well, but I'm looking into my other meds side effects, because I DO watch what I eat and my numbers should be a lot better.

Kinnakeet

Ambien is so dangerous. :twitch:

I have posted about this before, I am sure. It was well over a decade ago but I was one of those people who was sleep driving on Ambien - going to WAWA and buying blow pops and gum in my housecoat. :ohwell:

And I might have been driving those underpants gnomes in my backseat. 🤷

Scary drug...
Where do you get this...asking for a friend

Kinnakeet

I'll have to look into this. I've been experiencing sometimes nightly leg cramps so bad, death would've been acceptable relief. I thought it was lack of potassium and self medicated and screwed my numbers up terribly. When my doctor found out how much I was taking, she jumped all over me. I told her that she wasn't helping me so I took matters into my own hands.

I finally started looking into the meds she HAS prescribed, and found atorvastatin can cause muscle cramps, elevated blood sugar, and ED :yikes: I suffer two out of three and sure as hell don't want to gamble with the third.

Meta Mucil

Dakota

~~~~~~~
She's fine. I live alone and talk to the walls and my tools all day, and I'm perfectly........ooo... squirrel.....
Talking to yourself is a sign of intelligence!

It helps a person organize thoughts, memory retention, improves cognitive performance, brain function and helps boost self esteem.

So keep on talking to yourself. :yay:

Sometimes I am the only one posting and replying in my own threads. :jet:

Pete

Repete
Funny, in the 20 years since I have been here the forums have transitioned from a fire roasting action packed party place to dietary supplements, ailments and holistic solutions. Pass the blackberry extract. Like a cyber version of assisted living.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
A little update. I am off 1 med and still taking the other. My BP readings are 112/62 +/- but never by much. I am also watching my sodium intake more strictly using the My Fitness Pal app.

Previously, I was lucky to clock 5 hours of sleep and now, I am sleeping 7.5 to 8 hours.

3CATSAILOR

Blood Pressure - for the past few years, my doctor's have had me on various types of BP medicine and frankly, none of them have done the trick.

For the past week, I have started taking Magnesium in the morning and at night and just 1 of the 4 blood pressure meds prescribed and guess what?

BP 122/78, 126/76, 117/74, 127/77, 126/76

From and brace yourself, it is scary bad so I will just post my avgs.

188/106, 201/100, 171/100, 178/103

I am just taking the standard Magnesium and tomorrow, my Magnesium Taurate will be here which is what is recommended for BP.

Sneakers,

I am sure there is a better chart on the different types and uses and if you, or anyone finds something better, please post it. I think this could be helpful to many.
After talking to a few folks for a while, they claim after taking the MRNA vaccines, their BP has been all over the place.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
After talking to a few folks for a while, they claim after taking the MRNA vaccines, their BP has been all over the place.
I have spoken to a few who told me the same thing.

I am unvaccinated.

I only have 1 functioning kidney due to losing one in childhood due to a UPJ obstruction that went unnoticed, well, I was in the hospital for Pneumonia so it was just missed.

I opted not to get the vaccine. One girl with the same condition I have in Virginia died after getting the vaccine so that was enough for me. She was young. It was heartbreaking.

I ended up off the magnesium in Jan. due to having slightly elevated numbers (just a tad over marker). I was taking a bit too much.

Right now, I am feeling better than I have in a long time. I went off several medications. I was on 4 pills now just 1 pill, Lisinopril. I have accepted that I will always be on some dose of Lisinopril for the rest of my life and that is due to my living with 1 kidney.

Tomorrow, I will find out if I am going on a pill for high uric acid. Thanks dad :( And I say that because I'm sure I inherited that but also some of the medication I was on can cause it to go up. Even on the high end of studies that show the medications do raise UA, I know it won't account for all of it. There is very little diet will do here if I inherited it.