Mandatory Masks in SMC Again?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My daughter has Covid for the 4th time. This was the 2nd time she had to miss the family Christmas.
Bummer. We did our big Christmas dinner and gift exchange yesterday. Most we've done in several years. Two years ago mom and I went to the movies on Christmas Day. 🙂

awpitt

Main Streeter
I can understand masking up in a hospital/Doc in the box/Drs. office but if masking spreads to anywhere else they can kiss my flatulence generator. I will not comply.
Right now, it's just the hospitals and DRs offices.

GregV814

I bought 3% interest in "Fat Larry's discount mask company," and you'll be begging me for one soon.
They've been in seclusion so bad old' orange man couldn't get em.....

3CATSAILOR

Guess who wants us to mask up again? It's dire. This is the worst the pandemic has ever been so we need masks on NOW because they work! Oh yeah, and while you are at it commissioners, give me $500,000 for home test kits that I can give out to everyone.

I assume they are testing for a supposed new Covid strain. How do they know they current test is good for the new strain? There have been so many variants before this one. If they "are" testing for the most recent stain, it has mutated so many times that is mild. Mostly nasal congestion. However, the drawback is it can last a couple of months. Meanwhile, the Chinese are said to have a new virus which would make Covid-19 look like a drop in the bucket. In fact, in case the U.S. decides to tangle with China, I heard they have been working on bioweapons Hopefully we didn't fund their program to be used against us as we did with the Gain of Function.

3CATSAILOR

Guess who wants us to mask up again? It's dire. This is the worst the pandemic has ever been so we need masks on NOW because they work! Oh yeah, and while you are at it commissioners, give me $500,000 for home test kits that I can give out to everyone.

Are they Republican or Dimocrat Commissioners?

DaSDGuy

If this starts again we need a thread that lists locations requiring masks. I can plan my shopping accordingly, for a least a year after they stop requiring masks. They need my money more than I need their products.

WheezyCarl

I saw an article on FB that stated all 3 SOMD hospitals are at capacity.
Offspring needed sutures recently, but due to the status of ER @ St. Mary's (or any facility) we "butterflied" the wound at home. PA at Calvert glued the wound closed the next day while at work (only option). Sad that people have to resort to alternative options due to the lack of professional health care in the area.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Offspring needed sutures recently, but due to the status of ER @ St. Mary's (or any facility) we "butterflied" the wound at home. PA at Calvert glued the wound closed the next day while at work (only option). Sad that people have to resort to alternative options due to the lack of professional health care in the area.
Sorry to hear that. Urgent care couldn't help?