Manning Gets 35 Years

hooknline

It's not like he was civilian reporter or something. He took an oath of keeping his mouth shut and following proper procedure and order. what happens to our Military when everyone does their own will? Remember the condition of our Military after Vietnam ended for us. Everyone did what they wanted and then Carter became Com in Chief. We dogged that bullet. To keep us strong, our troops need to follow procedure and order. If they can't then they need to request discharge from their sensitive assignment.

SG_Player1974

Actually you'd be wrong (again)..

So if you KNOW why he's in jail, you've read the documents that he released to make such a judgement?

I really cannot take this statement seriously since, if you did in fact hold a position in the armed forces that required access to sensitive information, you are now either continuing this to merely argue with me OR you are ignorant to the responsibilities that you held and I really hope that you are not in a like position as a civilian.

Its pretty simple if you think about it. Disregarding the "content" of ANYTHING he divulged....

Manning TOOK AN OATH and SIGNED A PIECE OF PAPER saying that he would protect any and all information that was deemed sensitive by his superiors and the repercussions of breaking that oath would result in his going to jail. If he felt the need to NOT uphold that oath, then he SHOULD HAVE relinquished his position!

#1 He divulged the sensitive information that he swore to protect.
#2 He is going to jail

Simple.... Easy.... END OF STORY! There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Yea, he broke the rules. As an enlisted person, he/she doesn't have a "right" to do anything except eat, breathe, and follow the orders given.

The UCMJ covers a lot of ground and just breezing the top you can find enough to say that this he/she did wrong. (Not necessarily anything he/she was charged with but these alone would be enough to end up with an incarceration order.)

•� 888, Article 88. Contempt toward officials
•� 889, Article 89. Disrespect toward superior commissioned officer
•� 891, Article 91. Insubordinate conduct toward warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer
•� 892, Article 92. Failure to obey a lawful order or regulation
•� 898, Article 98. Noncompliance with procedural rules
•� 908, Article 108. Military property of United States� Loss, damage, destruction, or wrongful disposition

Typical idiot's response! Ever hear of the Nurmberg trials and what the German Army Lt's and Sgt's said when asked why they did what they did? Just "following orders" is NOT relevant!

Now stick your finger up your a@@ and lick it! THAT's AN ORDER! dumb a@@! Would you comply?

Last edited:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Actually you'd be wrong (again)..

So if you KNOW why he's in jail, you've read the documents that he released to make such a judgement?

I haven't read them, and won't, so I really can't formulate an opinion as to if he should or should not be in prison, or should be lauded as a hero. or as to how dangerous the information was that he released.

Did he divulge illegal activity by our government? Not sure, I don't know.

You do realize you are wasting your time Bob. It's like debating with corpse... just read his first post... typical same brown nose, toe-the-line, follow orders without question mentality.. it is WHY this country is dying! People just don't know how to think on their own anymore... they need that govt teet to feed off of!

They call Manning and Snowden a traitor... but absolutely clueless to why or how... because General Idiot and SES's say so!

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
It's not like he was civilian reporter or something. He took an oath of keeping his mouth shut and following proper procedure and order. what happens to our Military when everyone does their own will? Remember the condition of our Military after Vietnam ended for us. Everyone did what they wanted and then Carter became Com in Chief. We dogged that bullet. To keep us strong, our troops need to follow procedure and order. If they can't then they need to request discharge from their sensitive assignment.

Quite a retarded memory you have about Carter and as a soldier before, during and after his admin I seen things much different!

And the "he wasn't a reporter" baloney is just that... baloney! Since you THINK you're so smart.. what are the underlying words of any soldier or govt employee's oath? I'll paraphrase... "against all enemies, foreign and domestic"... know what domestic means? No, not farm animals or house pets!

Last edited:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I really cannot take this statement seriously since, if you did in fact hold a position in the armed forces that required access to sensitive information, you are now either continuing this to merely argue with me OR you are ignorant to the responsibilities that you held and I really hope that you are not in a like position as a civilian.

Its pretty simple if you think about it. Disregarding the "content" of ANYTHING he divulged....

Manning TOOK AN OATH and SIGNED A PIECE OF PAPER saying that he would protect any and all information that was deemed sensitive by his superiors and the repercussions of breaking that oath would result in his going to jail. If he felt the need to NOT uphold that oath, then he SHOULD HAVE relinquished his position!

#1 He divulged the sensitive information that he swore to protect.
#2 He is going to jail

Simple.... Easy.... END OF STORY! There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Just what oath are you referring to? I've held many levels of clearances (both military and civilian), but NEVER had to take a new oath. It's so full of sh!t... it pathetic. Do you actually believe that everyone must follow orders without question?

Last edited:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Or at least he should have taken the information, if he thought necessary, to a Congressman.

Please name me one honest caring Congressman that you've trusted with your life please... hurry... we are waiting!

I think their argument is the fact that they "took" the data... not who they gave it too...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Typical idiot's response! Ever hear of the Nurmberg trials and what the German Army Lt's and Sgt's said when asked why they did what they did? Just "following orders" is NOT relevant!

Now stick your finger up your a@@ and lick it! THAT's AN ORDER! dumb a@@! Would you comply?

You really shouldn't post before you've taken all your meds and given them a chance to take effect.

Really.

:howdy:

NTNG

Just what oath are you referring to? I've held many levels of clearances (both military and civilian), but NEVER had to take a new oath. It's so full of sh!t... it pathetic. Do you actually believe that everyone must follow orders without question?

From the DD form 4/1 Enlistment /reenlistment document for the Armed Forces. Paragraph E contains the OATH of enlistment.

C. PARTIAL STATEMENT OF EXISTING UNITED STATES LAWS
DD FORM 4/1 (BACK), AUG 1998
9. FOR ALL ENLISTEES OR REENLISTEES: Many
laws, regulations, and military customs will govern my
conduct and require me to do things a civilian does not
have to do. The following statements are not promises
or guarantees of any kind. They explain some of the
present laws affecting the Armed Forces which I
cannot change but which Congress can change at any
time.

a. My enlistment is more than an employment agreement. As a member of the Armed Forces of
the United States, I will be:

(1) Required to obey all lawful orders and perform all assigned duties.

(2) Subject to separation during or at the end of my enlistment. If my behavior fails to
meet acceptable military standards, I may be discharged and given a certificate for less than
honorable service, which may hurt my future job opportunities and my claim for veteran's benefits.

(3) Subject to the military justice system, which
means, among other things, that I may be tried by military Courts Martial.
E. CONFIRMATION OF ENLISTMENT OR REENLISTMENT
"I, ( State your full name) do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support
defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I
will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President
of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and
the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow, Doodoo, you are on it like a tick, eh?

The oath is to obey the orders of those above you. And the people who have you sign the papers acknowledging your awareness of the consequences of divulging classified information are those appointed over you. Except of course illegal orders. Can you please point me towards any source showing he was given illegal orders? And before you throw up the classification of that helicopter video, as being some sort of coverup of an illegal war crime, please be aware that, as far as I know, that video shows nothing of the sort.

But, assuming it does, that would not cover his leaking of thousands of other pages of stuff having nothing to do with that one video. Doing one legal thing, although it wasn't, as far as I know, there is no evidence he tried to report the helo incident to the chain as a possible war crime, does not give you the right to do a bunch of other illegal stuff, like leak classified state department stuff.

Lastly, lets talk about him accessing all that other data, which he was able to do, but I'll bet he had no need to know. If I am given access to a file cabinet, that doesnt give me the right to read every folder in there, just the ones I need for my job.

nutz

Well, thanks dumbass. Personally, you must be lying about your military career. Every soldier, sailor and airman is supposed to understand the basics of following lawful orders.

Your two examples suck because;a) I was not referring to the German Army
b) what your officers had you doing was not a lawful order. Are you sure this wasn't from your prison time? Did they get you to wipe grape or strawberry jelly on your ass? :evil:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Wow, Doodoo, you are on it like a tick, eh?

The oath is to obey the orders of those above you. And the people who have you sign the papers acknowledging your awareness of the consequences of divulging classified information are those appointed over you. Except of course illegal orders. Can you please point me towards any source showing he was given illegal orders? And before you throw up the classification of that helicopter video, as being some sort of coverup of an illegal war crime, please be aware that, as far as I know, that video shows nothing of the sort.

But, assuming it does, that would not cover his leaking of thousands of other pages of stuff having nothing to do with that one video. Doing one legal thing, although it wasn't, as far as I know, there is no evidence he tried to report the helo incident to the chain as a possible war crime, does not give you the right to do a bunch of other illegal stuff, like leak classified state department stuff.

Lastly, lets talk about him accessing all that other data, which he was able to do, but I'll bet he had no need to know. If I am given access to a file cabinet, that doesnt give me the right to read every folder in there, just the ones I need for my job.

Well that happens to be the "question of the day"... A patriotic whistelblower, or a sleazy leaker! Many feel, given the circumstances, that he is a patriot and a whistelblower, mainly because of the content... the hidden inside corruption that the govt refused to disclosed and various members of the executive branch clearly lied. And no, it isn't about one video! Let's just say Hillary, as one of many, isn't too happy with the leaks!

glhs837

Power with Control
Well that happens to be the "question of the day"... A patriotic whistelblower, or a sleazy leaker! Many feel, given the circumstances, that he is a patriot and a whistelblower, mainly because of the content... the hidden inside corruption that the govt refused to disclosed and various members of the executive branch clearly lied. And no, it isn't about one video! Let's just say Hillary, as one of many, isn't too happy with the leaks!

Question? Patriot or leaker, he's a man, just like Snowden, who disclosed classified information he was given access to and like Snowden, he should be punished for that disclosure.

What "hidden inside corruption" did Manning leak? What illegal activities did he disclose? Clear examples please. What people feel is one things, facts are another. I like facts. I dont care if people feel he's the next Messiah, until he changes some water into good beer, and that can be factually proven, he's just a guy who was mad at Uncle Sam and decided to get some back by giving up a bunch of classified.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Well, thanks dumbass. Personally, you must be lying about your military career. Every soldier, sailor and airman is supposed to understand the basics of following lawful orders.

Your two examples suck because;a) I was not referring to the German Army
b) what your officers had you doing was not a lawful order. Are you sure this wasn't from your prison time? Did they get you to wipe grape or strawberry jelly on your ass? :evil:

Obviously you don't understand the differences in Article 90, 91 or 92 of the UCMJ. Go enlist and disobey any order... and you might learn the difference. In fact, you might be proper by disobeying just any order. Just because you are given an order doesn't make it proper and right. Besides an unlawful order, there is the premise of sound judgement. But I'll finish there.. you couldn't comprehend any of it anyway! Just be a good little boot-licker as you appear!

And Snowden is a civilian... UCMJ don't apply! He wasn't given any order! If he is ever caught, he'll most likely be held in a civilian kangaroo court.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Question? Patriot or leaker, he's a man, just like Snowden, who disclosed classified information he was given access to and like Snowden, he should be punished for that disclosure.

What "hidden inside corruption" did Manning leak? What illegal activities did he disclose? Clear examples please. What people feel is one things, facts are another. I like facts. I dont care if people feel he's the next Messiah, until he changes some water into good beer, and that can be factually proven, he's just a guy who was mad at Uncle Sam and decided to get some back by giving up a bunch of classified.

In all honesty.. I could care less what you think or feel. I am not giving you links or holding your hand. If you want to know what was revealed, go find it yourself. Or continue to be an idiot and judge something based on what you were told. Another good little boot-licker!

glhs837

Power with Control
Obviously you don't understand the differences in Article 90, 91 or 92 of the UCMJ. Go enlist and disobey any order... and you might learn the difference. In fact, you might be proper by disobeying just any order. Just because you are given an order doesn't make it proper and right. Besides an unlawful order, there is the premise of sound judgement. But I'll finish there.. you couldn't comprehend any of it anyway! Just be a good little boot-licker as you appear!

And Snowden is a civilian... UCMJ don't apply! He wasn't given any order! If he is ever caught, he'll most likely be held in a civilian kangaroo court.

You act as if Manning was ordered to hide a freaking My Lai massacre. Was he? Please be specific about what he uncovered. And while Snowden didn't get orders under the UCMJ, you can be damn sure he signed papers saying he fully understood that repercussions if he mishandled the classified he was given access too. And the fact that he ran shows that he fully understood those papers.

glhs837

Power with Control
In all honesty.. I could care less what you think or feel. I am not giving you links or holding your hand. If you want to know what was revealed, go find it yourself. Or continue to be an idiot and judge something based on what you were told. Another good little boot-licker!

Wow, way to have a discussion:) Nice name calling, I always told my junior Sailors and my kids, "When the other guy says "Eff YOU!!!!", that means you are winning the argument". How do you know I haven't looked at what he disclosed? I have looked at the video, and analysis both pro and con, and, shocker, drew my own conclusion. Based in part on my + 30 years in aviation and aviation ordnance. Like the Palestinian PallyWood stuff, it was rigged to show what they wanted you to see.

What other corruption? The fact that State doesn't think too highly of some of our "allies", wow, that's corruption? The fact that we hire spies in countries we operate in in? Hmmm, nothing surprising there. So what was the big deal? Where am I wrong? Call me names all you want, but if you wont bring facts to the table, it's not much of a debate, is it?

Yep, thats me, the ol gubmint bootlicker:killingme Ever read me on automated enforcement, the NSA, or ALPRs?