Maryland’s “red flag” law leads to148 seizures in first three months......

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If i may ...

Everyone should go fishing with every firearm they have, in an unstable canoe, and accidentally tip over thereby rendering all those firearms to the bottom. A legitimate excuse when they find none in your house.

h3mech

If i may ...

Everyone should go fishing with every firearm they have, in an unstable canoe, and accidentally tip over thereby rendering all those firearms to the bottom. A legitimate excuse when they find none in your house.

yes I had a boating accident sorry LOL

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That is an interesting aspect of the new law:

A petition must be filed in court to explain the potential dangers.

A judge will need specific reasons why the person in question might harm themselves or someone else.

The petition also must include things, such as, how many guns the person has and where the weapons are.

If approved, a judge has the authority to take someone’s guns away within hours when someone sounds the alarm.

The details would be sorted out in court within a couple of weeks.

There are only a handful of people allowed to do file petitions under the new law.

Law enforcement
Health professional
Spouse or family member
Someone the person is dating or has children with
Current or former legal guardian

Only some of those listed above could be expected to know how many guns a person has and where they are stored. ?

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/maryland/5-things-to-know-marylands-red-flag-gun-law/65-598387522

Bonehead

If i may ...

I cannot believe that you would post this.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Well I don't have a canoe anyways. Only a rickety old boat that I use to clean all the guns on 'cause "she" doesn't love the smell of gun cleaner and oil wafting though the house like I do. There was one time, was this rouge wave, out of nowhere, while I had everything dissembled and laid out ...........

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If accused, why not just 'transfer' ownership to a family member or friend? Seems this would be a legit loophole to preventing confiscation.

Private sales require background check, right? Which can happen soonest? Confiscation or transfer?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Private sales require background check, right? Which can happen soonest? Confiscation or transfer?

I think, at this point, transfer might be a waste of time, and if our Gov tries to, truly, confiscate Our guns, that would be a YUGE mistake. Bigly.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may ...

Well I don't have a canoe anyways. Only a rickety old boat that I use to clean all the guns on 'cause "she" doesn't love the smell of gun cleaner and oil wafting though the house like I do. There was one time, was this rouge wave, out of nowhere, while I had everything dissembled and laid out ...........

:lol:

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Private sales currently do not require a background check. The Dems are crafting new legislation that would require that however. That aside, it has nothing to do with confiscations, which are executed with zero advance warning to the targeted gun owner.

Note: transferring a registered firearm via private sale should always be done using an FFL so your name is no longer registered as the owner.

Last edited:

nutz

Private sales currently do not require a background check. The Dems are crafting new legislation that would require that however. That aside, it has nothing to do with confiscations, which are executed with zero advance warning to the targeted gun owner.

Note: transferring a registered firearm via private sale should always be done using an FFL so your name is no longer registered as the owner.
MSP for private sales, then the state cant say you did it wrong. Odds are they will lose their copies of the paperwork quicker too.

Guess its time to ask the lawyer if my collection can be added to our NFA trust.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Private sales currently do not require a background check. The Dems are crafting new legislation that would require that however. That aside, it has nothing to do with confiscations, which are executed with zero advance warning to the targeted gun owner. Note: transferring a registered firearm via private sale should always be done using an FFL so your name is no longer registered as the owner.

This new, circumvention of the Constitution's 2nd Amendment, law, is the advanced warning. Everyone, with any common sense, should now be making plans and stashing their arms, and necessary ammo. Of course leaving the crappy ones someplace they could easily find so they feel that they accomplished something. Crappy = the kind you would sell at one of those "buy-back" programs. "Buy-back", huge misnomer, seeing as the police didn't sell them to begin with.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
"Buy-back", huge misnomer, seeing as the police didn't sell them to begin with.

Total crock of poo...using taxpayer dollars to pay for the junk being turned in*. Serves absolutely no useful purpose and never prevents a single crime.

*mostly junk..but I was shocked to see some heirloom quality waterfowl shotguns being turned in..some of them obviously Greeners or Elsies and the like! Kills me to see that kind of stupidity on display. One old guy turned in a beautiful SxS shotgun saying "this was my grandfathers..I don't want any of my kids to get it".

black dog

Free America
MSP for private sales, then the state cant say you did it wrong. Odds are they will lose their copies of the paperwork quicker too.

Guess its time to ask the lawyer if my collection can be added to our NFA trust.

Make a separate trust for the non tax stamp firearms...

black dog

Free America
https://wapo.st/2FBP9J9

Maryland courts have seized guns from 148 people in the three months since the state enacted a law designed to take weapons from people who are danger to themselves or others.

I delt with one of my oldest friends in Montgomery county a few years ago, Three county Police showed up at his home in Kensington and had about a 30 min conversation with him. In the end they gave him 3 choices with how to handle his firearms being taken away.

1. To call a family member and have them come and pick them up.
2. Call the FFL of your choice and have them come and get them, and sell, transfer or store for you.
3. We will take them and store them for you...

With a few phone calls back and forth the firearms went to an FFL in MD and all we're transferred to me that were not part of his trust. He and I are on each other's nfa trusts.
It is as a huge expensive pain in the ass, I have all of his firearms and ammunition in Indiana, and it looks like he will never be allowed to own them again in MD just because a neighbor called the police telling them he was crazy.. no court, no due process...