Maryland’s “red flag” law leads to148 seizures in first three months......

black dog

Free America
Glad I got a commercial property in deep southern rural VA...that’s where my FFL is.

Good for you, If it wasn't for friends and family with FFl's in Md and IN it would have cost a fortune to transfer everything to me here. The class 3 was easy with being on the trust but everything else was a huge hassle... Even if he can gets the ok to get them back all of the MD regulated cant be brought back..
My middle sister married a boy from Boykins and they lived in Franklin for quite a few years..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good for you, If it wasn't for friends and family with FFl's in Md and IN it would have cost a fortune to transfer everything to me here. The class 3 was easy with being on the trust but everything else was a huge hassle... Even if he can gets the ok to get them back all of the MD regulated cant be brought back..
My middle sister married a boy from Boykins and they lived in Franklin for quite a few years..

My place is way down in Brosville. Bought a former fire house right on 58 that later was a car repair shop. Nice building..putting a second story on it now.

Hijinx

A person who is turned in by a relative should have a right to face his accuser and have a hearing before any confiscation takes place. This law is without a doubt against the Constitutional rights of an individual.

But of course one again this is Maryland. Land of the sky blue waters and the sky blue democrats.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
A person who is turned in by a relative should have a right to face his accuser and have a hearing before any confiscation takes place. This law is without a doubt against the Constitutional rights of an individual.

But of course one again this is Maryland. Land of the sky blue waters and the sky blue democrats.
...and they almost passed it so any one could of of complained and had them confiscated, like a crazy neighbor.

Hijinx

...and they almost passed it so any one could of of complained and had them confiscated, like a crazy neighbor.

The people who keep electing Democrats in Maryland need to look around and see what is happening to their rights.

black dog

Free America
Probably so, the real question gets to be whether or not that keeps the police from confiscating if someone turns me in for being nutz?

I would believe if anyone on the trust can arrive asap it wouldn't be a problem. If not take them to your local friendly FFL and have them picked up there.
Montgomery county Police really didn't know what to do with my friends mg's, They thought for a brief period of time that they were going to store them... I told that officer I would call ATF and let them know he confiscated papered transferables.
If it happens to you have the papered firearms taken to your favorite class 3 and drop them off for service and cleaning, they get logged in and whoever else is on the trust picks them up..
The dealer might want you there for that.. easy peasy..

nutz

I would believe if anyone on the trust can arrive asap it wouldn't be a problem. If not take them to your local friendly FFL and have them picked up there.
Montgomery county Police really didn't know what to do with my friends mg's, They thought for a brief period of time that they were going to store them... I told that officer I would call ATF and let them know he confiscated papered transferables.
If it happens to you have the papered firearms taken to your favorite class 3 and drop them off for service and cleaning, they get logged in and whoever else is on the trust picks them up..
The dealer might want you there for that.. easy peasy..

One of the names on the trust is a leo. Ill have to see if we can pit his name and work number first :yay:

Midnightrider

I delt with one of my oldest friends in Montgomery county a few years ago, Three county Police showed up at his home in Kensington and had about a 30 min conversation with him. In the end they gave him 3 choices with how to handle his firearms being taken away.

1. To call a family member and have them come and pick them up.
2. Call the FFL of your choice and have them come and get them, and sell, transfer or store for you.
3. We will take them and store them for you...

With a few phone calls back and forth the firearms went to an FFL in MD and all we're transferred to me that were not part of his trust. He and I are on each other's nfa trusts.
It is as a huge expensive pain in the ass, I have all of his firearms and ammunition in Indiana, and it looks like he will never be allowed to own them again in MD just because a neighbor called the police telling them he was crazy.. no court, no due process...

There is obviously more to the story........

If this happened years ago why hasn't he demanded his due process?
What caused the police find he was crazy?
Was he charged in relation to the incident?