Mega Millions $325

Send DIL back where she came from and last I would buy a drugstore. I would make it so I never had to watch an older person leave because they couldn't pay for their meds. That would be my tax write-off.

THAT is an interesting concept......

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
Well, since Swiss bank accounts don't appear as if they're going to be safe anymore and the Caymans are a bust...

I'd hire a lawyer, accountant and financial adviser. Now these would be ones that I have had dealings with in the past and then I would fire them. Then I'd hire ones that aren't crooked.

I'd make sure the kids are set for life, but can't have any of it until they've graduated college and worked for a few years.

I'd build my mom her dream house and hire the best staff and doctors I could for her. And I'd buy her all the Sheltie puppies she wanted (and someone to look after them for her). Then I'd build my dream house (which isn't much since I'm too scared to dream big)!

I'd make sure all my friends were taken care of because they've been silly enough to put up with me for a lot of years, so maybe I'd pay for their therapy too. But then I'd be broke, so I'll pay the insurance premiums for two years and then they're on their own.

I'd get my German Shepherd puppy and make sure she had her own room in the dream house so the cats wouldn't be scared. Except for Pigeon; she's too stupid to care.

I'd still keep my job because I love my job, but I will be taking an extended vacation for a while.

I'd write a book and publish it myself if another publishing company was too ignorant to snatch it up. BTW, you all are going to be in it!

I'd get a new cell phone because mine really stinks.

I'd buy the kids one car and one car only, so they'd better make it a good one.

I'd make sure that my charities and church were taken care of real good!
I'd buy turf fields for all the high schools in St. Mary's County. And build them field houses.

Then I'd get liposuction, a boob job and find me a poor, good-looking man who is willing to marry me. :yahoo:

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
And even though I don't know bcp, I'd hire him the best damn lawyer in the country for that little salesman problem he's been dealing with!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oh, the heck with anyone else...

I'd sell everything I have and travel the globe first-class. I'm sure I could pick up a couple of cabana boys along the way. :yahoo: :dye:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I've been watching those documentaries about those who've won the Lotto and how their lives changed... one thing I didn't realize is that when you take the lump sum... not only does the gov't get over 50% in taxes right off the bat...they then tax your remaining chunk as well. :boo:

:otter:

"What did the Tin Man say?"

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
If you do choose the cash option, what happens to the rest of that money?
The State spends it. But if you have them dole it out to you over the course of 25 years, they take the amount they don't give you right off and invest it so they are taking the interest and dividends and spending that. Either way, they make out.

Last edited:

lisa8439

Mega Millions jackpot is 3rd largest ever - Aug. 28, 2009

Wouldn't it be cool if someone from the forums won?:buddies:

:buddies: I made hubby buy a ticket yesterday - we never play the lottery but I figured we could risk $5 on it this time. LOL Heck, I'd be happy if we even won a little bit of money by matching 4 numbers or something! But the millions would be so sweet... if we won I'd definitely donate some money to local groups, so I'm sure some people on the forums would benefit if we won :whistle: hahaha

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Heck, I'd be happy with about 250k after taxes. Pay off my bills and put some towards a house.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
The State spends it. But if you have them dole it out to you over the coarse of 25 years, they take the amount they don't give you right off and invest it so they are taking the interest and dividends and spending that. Either way, they make out.

There's no doubt in my mind.