Memories Pizza Story Fabricated by local news

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
That's rather the point. You can't, at a glance, distinguish someones religion, creeds, beliefs, values, guilt, innocence, forbearance, credit score, or anything else.

What people do, which is the illegal bit, is see someone of a certain race and assign them traits based on that and then throw them out.

And even then, even if YOU think being a homosexual is a horrible thing and unamerican, you can't deny them service merely for being a homosexual.

Rule of thumb: If it looks and smells like Jim Crow but isn't applied to black people, it's still unamerican and illegal.

I am a White, Catholic, Male... I cannot be discriminated against, that a given. White privilege and all that.
I've seen bias all my life as I traveled, not to the point of Jim Crow, but still there.
The perpetually offended need to get on with their lives, take up golf or knitting.....just get a life. If someone doesn't want to sell you a pizza, who gives a f.... I never saw a town in the USA with a shortage of shops selling pizza, baking cakes, cooking Chinese food, doing hair or nails, selling liquor, even if you are drunk.

Too many people in this country need our help and we keep looking in the mirror to see how we have been offended.

F the offended, get a life. 300 million people here, it's a great country. It's not all about you

Midnightrider

I am a White, Catholic, Male... I cannot be discriminated against, that a given. White privilege and all that.
I've seen bias all my life as I traveled, not to the point of Jim Crow, but still there.
The perpetually offended need to get on with their lives, take up golf or knitting.....just get a life. If someone doesn't want to sell you a pizza, who gives a f.... I never saw a town in the USA with a shortage of shops selling pizza, baking cakes, cooking Chinese food, doing hair or nails, selling liquor, even if you are drunk.

Too many people in this country need our help and we keep looking in the mirror to see how we have been offended.

F the offended, get a life. 300 million people here, it's a great country. It's not all about you

Spoken like a member of americas fastest growing, self appointed victim group. White males. :bigwhoop:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Spoken like a member of americas fastest growing, self appointed victim group. White males. :bigwhoop:

We don't give a rats patooty if you offend us. Actually you cannot offend us. We know if we work hard and don't look for handouts or waste our time being offended about people who don't like us, we will still prosper. This is the American way.
Back in the day of my ancestors, they were vilified and discriminated against. It didn't stop them. The worked hard, opened up businesses, raised good families without government help, except to say it was a great country to do all that in.

We "the white males" will always be the leaders in the country, until the perpetually offended get of their collective asses and see what we do to be successful. It can be done, but not until you all quit your bitching and do something in your lives other than bitch about "white males" and their privilege.
Blacks....
Quit thugging and not raising your families
Stay in school, get an education and not one that teaches you how oppressed blacks are
Gays......
It's your life, we just don't want to hear about it
Hispanics...
It is a great country, just come here legally. You will be accepted
Women.....
Grow some balls..oh sorry about that one
Union workers....
You will never get ahead if Mommy/Union always has to stick up for you

I think you get my drift. We are not offended, we just look at all the offended and shake our collective successful heads.

Midnightrider

We don't give a rats patooty if you offend us. Actually you cannot offend us. We know if we work hard and don't look for handouts or waste our time being offended about people who don't like us, we will still prosper. This is the American way.
Back in the day of my ancestors, they were vilified and discriminated against. It didn't stop them. The worked hard, opened up businesses, raised good families without government help, except to say it was a great country to do all that in.

We "the white males" will always be the leaders in the country, until the perpetually offended get of their collective asses and see what we do to be successful. It can be done, but not until you all quit your bitching and do something in your lives other than bitch about "white males" and their privilege.
Blacks....
Quit thugging and not raising your families
Stay in school, get an education and not one that teaches you how oppressed blacks are
Gays......
It's your life, we just don't want to hear about it
Hispanics...
It is a great country, just come here legally. You will be accepted
Women.....
Grow some balls..oh sorry about that one
Union workers....
You will never get ahead if Mommy/Union always has to stick up for you

I think you get my drift. We are not offended, we just look at all the offended and shake our collective successful heads.
:killingme

No, You are the most perpetually offended. Your list proves it. Its only a subset of white males though. Rock on with your butt hurt :yay:

TheLibertonian

Except that same attitude allowed for a chunk of our population to be treated as second class citizens, denied the right to vote, and denied equal treatment before the law.

I don't buy into the privilege plus power argument. Of course white people can be discriminated against. I've seen it, I've been on the end of it. If someone refuses to serve or hire or whatever white people, then it's just as illegal if they were black, or muslims, or jews, or gay.

This_person

I have an opinion, you are just too poor at comprehending what you read to understand it. Just like in every other thread. :yay:
You've expressed opinions before, too, and when challenged decided you weren't supporting any position.

I just assumed this was another one of those. I'll wait until you're proven wrong again, so you can become bored and say you have no opinion, again.

Midnightrider

You've expressed opinions before, too, and when challenged decided you weren't supporting any position.

I just assumed this was another one of those. I'll wait until you're proven wrong again, so you can become bored and say you have no opinion, again.
I am not responsible for the strawmen that you create or the misinterpretations you make. You struggle with reading comprehension.

Restitution

Please... Do Not Feed the Animals :yay:

SamSpade

What people do, which is the illegal bit, is see someone of a certain race and assign them traits based on that and then throw them out.

The part that is illegal is the throwing out. For many people - I'd actually say, MOST - is the prejudging that is done on appearance.
That's hard for anyone. How many of us saw Susan Boyle or Paul Potts and thought - geez, can we get THIS over with?
I've been - in the past - severely obese. I guarantee you that people judged me ahead of time.

We make quick assumptions about everyone and not for no reason - for most of us, it precisely gibes with our experience.
For others, it depends on our own unique experiences. I know people - many in fact - who have what I'd call an abnormal fear of dogs.
They grew up in cities where all dogs were threats. I've met any number of children who are afraid - of MEN. Because all the males in their lives
were cruel to them, or abusive.
If every or nearly every person or thing that meets a certain criteria that you've ever met falls into a pattern,
you can hardly be blamed for thinking the next one won't be.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Meh, you haven't given any. You have just complained about how the world has been mistreating you your entire life, just not to Jim Crowe levels :killingme

I didn't complain about anything, I'm living the great white privileged life and enjoying all the benefits this Country has to offer. Sucks not to be me.......
You just shoot the messenger.......I gave plenty of advice in that post, you just don't get it .....Fools won't heed it.....

TheLibertonian

The part that is illegal is the throwing out. For many people - I'd actually say, MOST - is the prejudging that is done on appearance.
That's hard for anyone. How many of us saw Susan Boyle or Paul Potts and thought - geez, can we get THIS over with?
I've been - in the past - severely obese. I guarantee you that people judged me ahead of time.

We make quick assumptions about everyone and not for no reason - for most of us, it precisely gibes with our experience.
For others, it depends on our own unique experiences. I know people - many in fact - who have what I'd call an abnormal fear of dogs.
They grew up in cities where all dogs were threats. I've met any number of children who are afraid - of MEN. Because all the males in their lives
were cruel to them, or abusive.
If every or nearly every person or thing that meets a certain criteria that you've ever met falls into a pattern,
you can hardly be blamed for thinking the next one won't be.

I don't deny prejudice is entirely natural, but as thinking creatures who can reason we have to acknowledge that prejudice can be wrong. We have to claw our way out of instinctual reactions to logical reactions. When we subsume logic for instinct, we become animals, enslaved ones at that.

In any case it's not pertinent to the legality, which is you can't throw people out based on broad social dislikes. "Being Gay" does not constitute a right to refuse service.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

:killingme Nailed it. The poor sap is going to have to activate another MPD pretty soon.