Mervell Dean Road Condo Proposal

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This is being proposed for condos on the property between 235 and MD Rd near Clarke's Mill Road. They would have egress from both sides. Bad idea.

FB_IMG_1709332608162.jpg

RunninGunnin

Looks like these are townhouses... not condos. And I looked at the plans on the county website. Looks like only one entrance from Mervell Dean.

SamSpade

Looks like these are townhouses... not condos. And I looked at the plans on the county website. Looks like only one entrance from Mervell Dean.
I think that's basically a stupid plan -- at the very least, there ought to be an entrance from the highway. And I favor NO access to Mervell Dean if that is the case. There's enough accidents on that road, especially as it gets used a LOT for 235 detours in the event of accidents on 235.

CPUSA

I think that's basically a stupid plan -- at the very least, there ought to be an entrance from the highway. And I favor NO access to Mervell Dean if that is the case. There's enough accidents on that road, especially as it gets used a LOT for 235 detours in the event of accidents on 235.
Then I'm sure it's the plan our great leaders of St. Mary's will go with...
Hell, it isn't like they plan on retiring here...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
After looking at the plans, there is no entrance/exit from 235. Why is that?

glhs837

Power with Control
After looking at the plans, there is no entrance/exit from 235. Why is that?

Because entrances like that onto a 55mph highway are more dangerous than an entrance on the 40mph MDR. Especially in the morning when a lot of them would be heading north, trying to cross two lanes to hit the u-turn at Airport View. But since they cant hit 235, they will head south in the morning, clogging up the MDR to 235 intersection at Wildwood. If our planners were really planning, they would put the developer on the hook to help make part two lanes back up MDR to the first house.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Because entrances like that onto a 55mph highway are more dangerous than an entrance on the 40mph MDR. Especially in the morning when a lot of them would be heading north, trying to cross two lanes to hit the u-turn at Airport View. But since they cant hit 235, they will head south in the morning, clogging up the MDR to 235 intersection at Wildwood. If our planners were really planning, they would put the developer on the hook to help make part two lanes back up MDR to the first house.
I travel this road daily. Imagine the backups due to the school busses, in addition to the other reasons given.

SamSpade

Because entrances like that onto a 55mph highway are more dangerous than an entrance on the 40mph MDR. Especially in the morning when a lot of them would be heading north, trying to cross two lanes to hit the u-turn at Airport View.
There are already two small complexes that feed directly onto 235 with their backs to Mervell Dean. One is the dual set of medical offices not far from this development. The other is similar way up by the north outlet of Mervell Dean. That, plus the handful of actual HOMES that are on 235.