Mervell Dean Road Condo Proposal

mitzi

I think I have a Facebook pic of that. You're right, I think when they started chopping down trees, they didn't know it was there.

There was an article somewhere about that property a few years ago. They spoke with the man whose family owned it. I wish I could remember where I saw it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They really need a new proofreader.
HOLLYWOOD, Md. – On March 11, 2024, the St. Mary’s County Planning Commission reviewed the concept site plan for an 18-unit townhome development called Villages at Clark’s Mill.

The location of the 3.7-acre development is right between northbound Three Notch Road and Marvell Dean Road. The development will include two groups of four townhomes and two groups of five townhomes. All lots are less than 0.1 acres and will have two parking spaces per unit, which includes the garage. As of right now, the development’s plan has 36 parking spaces in total with no guest parking.

TPD

the poor dad
They really need a new proofreader.

I assume these are all 1 bedroom condos since they are only proposing 2 parking spaces per unit.

Coincidentally, 36 parking spaces is what would be required of me on my half acre lot if I choose to build a new hardware store in Ridge. Based on current projections, I would never fill 36 spaces except for one night per year, ladies night. So if this condo project is allowed to move forward with only 36 spaces, that is a bunch of BS!

glhs837

Power with Control
I assume these are all 1 bedroom condos since they are only proposing 2 parking spaces per unit.

Coincidentally, 36 parking spaces is what would be required of me on my half acre lot if I choose to build a new hardware store in Ridge. Based on current projections, I would never fill 36 spaces except for one night per year, ladies night. So if this condo project is allowed to move forward with only 36 spaces, that is a bunch of BS!

Damn. Hows that math work? They gonna make you have a public restroom like DG?

TPD

the poor dad
Damn. Hows that math work? They gonna make you have a public restroom like DG?
I hope not - haven’t gotten that far into the project. We have estimates of over a million bucks - I can’t justify that amount for a place in Ridge where our foot traffic is limited because of our location. So it’s on hold until I hit the lottery or get an inheritance from a rich relative - which the odds are near zero on both. The new impact fee of $32,000+ from the county certainly didn’t help us.

SamSpade

I've lived in townhome development several times. Two per household is more or less the norm, although all of them had a small "visitor's area" somewhere in the lot. One I lived in, in Columbia, had room for FOUR extra spaces out of 18 homes.

I drive past the spot several times a day, and I can only imagine the mess it will make - that part of the road has NO SHOULDER at all on either side. Elsewhere, where new development has occurred, there's at least a little room.