MICE!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_4552.jpeg

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My Simon never caught ONE MOUSE, not ever! He was such a great cat - he was a beautiful cat, but not a mouser. :lol:

Attachments

• DSC_0007 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0007 - Copy.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0006 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_0006 - Copy.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 39

mitzi

Did you know that you can actually re-use the traps?

I didn't have enough traps to cover the area outside the mouse hole so I borrowed some from my BF. When I told him I caught the mouse in two traps, he said great bring the traps back when you come over on Saturday - he thought there were mice in his garage. I asked what he meant by bring them back and he sounded really confused. Imagine my horror when I found out he actually releases the dead mice and uses the traps again.

Men. They're all nuts.

I had to reuse them at one time. The back to back blizzards we had (2012?), I had a da*m mouse colony move in. I had a pack of two traps, caught 2 and threw them out. I still saw that one (or more) were around. I could only find one pack of traps, after searching several stores. Everyone else must have been having problems with mice too that winter. I had to resort to reusing the only 2 traps I had. Note: I didn't touch these things with my bare hands :dead:.

Last edited:

mitzi

I think I've posted this before, but...

Middle of the night, stupid cat bouncing all over us, making stupid cat noises. Fussed at him, swatted at him, finally threw him off the bed.

Making the bed in the morning, trails of blood all over the comforter.

And bits of dead mouse in the hallway.

I had a mouse chopped up by the fan in my heat pump. I heard this horrible noise and ran to the thermostat to shut it off. It sounded like it was going to take off in flight. Went outside to look and there on top of it was a tail and little tiny feet. Poor mouse, at least it was quick.

NOTSMC

I had to reuse them at one time. The back to back blizzards we had (2012?), I had a da*m mouse colony move in. I had a pack of two traps, caught 2 and threw them out. I still saw that one (or more) were around. I could only find one pack of traps, after searching several stores. Everyone else must have been having problems with mice too that winter. I had to resort to reusing the only 2 traps I had. Note: I didn't touch these things with my bare hands :dead:.
You're very brave. Did you ever look at them when they're dead in the traps? They don't close their eyes when they die. It's creepy.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My little hippy chick has an eccentric client who buys everything in bulk. She uses live traps in the "warehouse", takes them down some secluded back road, and releases them into the wild. I would really be surprised if she didn't try to feed them. She won't admit it, but I think she gives them cutesy little names before setting them free. She washes and reuses the live traps until they literally wear out and won't hold a set. Well worth the money.

Amazon product

mitzi

You're very brave. Did you ever look at them when they're dead in the traps? They don't close their eyes when they die. It's creepy.

I'm not really brave, I just didn't have another choice. I was getting overrun with them that winter. I guess they didn't like the 2 feet of snow and 20 degrees temperature outside. They had their meals everyday from the dog bowl. It is creepy. The eyes are usually bulging out too. Thank goodness I haven't seen a mouse in a couple years.

Last edited:
Reactions: rio

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Best live trap if you have a bunch of mice. You can also put a snake in the bucket and make it self cleaning.

Whenever I see one of these DIY projects with a glue gun, I roll my eyes. The perpetual energy machines are good for that.

That said, this is a really good design. I'd use PVC for the flapper instead of cardboard tho, and a couple of other small mods, but it seems like it would do the job.

NOTSMC

I'm not really brave, I just didn't have another choice. I was getting overrun with them that winter. I guess they didn't like the 2 feet of snow and 20 degrees temperature outside. They had their meals everyday from the dog bowl. It is creepy. The eyes are usually bulging out too. Thank goodness I haven't seen a mouse in a couple years.
I take it moving wasn't an option?

NOTSMC

My little hippy chick has an eccentric client who buys everything in bulk. She uses live traps in the "warehouse", takes them down some secluded back road, and releases them into the wild. I would really be surprised if she didn't try to feed them. She won't admit it, but I think she gives them cutesy little names before setting them free. She washes and reuses the live traps until they literally wear out and won't hold a set. Well worth the money.

Amazon product

Brad, Bradley, Brad Jr., Brado, Braddie and the ever popular Bradadoodle.

mitzi

I take it moving wasn't an option?

It was much cheaper to recycle traps until I got them all than move. I got rid of them in a few weeks. Then I found where they were getting in and plugged it up.

Last edited: