MOD Pizza coming soon !

Agee

"Locally Owned",

This in itself is worrisome for the business and its success. Look what happened to Quiznos, owned and run by members of the Shah medical empire... These new businesses are only as good as the people they hire and around here in the food service industry I've been baffled by the customer service or lack thereof...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I haven't stepped foot in Nicoletti's in 18 years. The roaches grossed me out.

And in a Lonestar salad too! :lmao:

Looks like a great concept chain restaurant. Let's see if they can keep the franchise alive down here when so many have failed.

luvmygdaughters

I haven't stepped foot in Nicoletti's in 18 years. The roaches grossed me out.

I havent been in that place in years. Used to love their steak and cheese subs and their salad bar. I always forget about them, but, I'm not usually in that area much. Too bad if they've let it go downhill.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Or a long hair in our nachos at the now defunct Bennigan's in Waldorf. :twitch:

I saw another restaurant mentioned as going in that shopping center named "Cafe Rio." https://www.caferio.com/ Great, another Mexican-style restaurant along with a nail salon and liquor store. :bigwhoop:

I forgot about that. :lol:

The liquor store has been planned from day one pretty much. Bay Country that was in the old storefront will be going in there.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Not only are there pizza joints on every corner, but Dunkin Donuts. :lol:

You got that right, along with CVS, quick stop gas stations, taverns and packies.

(For those unfamiliar with New England, at one time, bars and restaurants were the only places allowed to sell alcoholic beverages, by the drink. When stores were allowed to sell alcoholic beverages, they were styled as Packaged Liquor Stores, aka Packies.)

BernieP

Resident PIA
Wood fired, clay oven is the only way to go for pizza. The best places I've eaten pizza at cook it that way. Isabellas in B'mores little Italy, Annas in Williamsburg and any joint in the Campania region of Italy.
coal fired brick ovens are pretty good too. It's also in the city water supply, you have to have the right balance of chemicals for taste and texture

If I can be a little snarky here, why should Nicoletti's do any interior work when the center is a dump, come on, the big draw there is ABC liquor and Lounge. Is that place upscale, modern?
I could give you a name for the design, but it would probably offend some people.

lovinmaryland

Over the past 5 years I've told my wife a number of times I don't understand why Nicoletti's doesn't redesign the place to be a little more upscale than it is. I too, don't care about going in there as much as we used to. I love kids (have two of my own), but the worst thing they could have ever done was put in that "play" area! The place has good square footage; why not put it to better use? Sorry Bruce and Ryan, but the quality of your food has gone way down over the years. Hard to give you guys a thumbs up when I have to send back a "hot" ham and cheese sub 2 times because your employees couldn't seem to get it right!

I agree 100%! That play area is just disgusting looking I'm surprised people actually let their kids use that. Germ city!!!

Their lunch pizza & salad buffet is a good deal but everything else we've tried wasn't that great. Their sub ratio is way off. They have a ton more bread vs meat.

lovinmaryland

I go to Nicolettis for the mozzarella sticks. Best around. Everything else is just.....eh.
Hmmmm I consider myself an mozzarella stick aficionado :biggrin:...I've not yet had theirs though... care to describe them?

My personal favorites are The Pub in Leonardtown & Arby's... I'm pretty sure they have the same supplier because they are identical in taste and texture :drool:

Attachments

• mozz.jpg
    mozz.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 494

lovinmaryland

Ummmm.... good?

Crispy, good Italian flavor, cheese not melted to death.

So they are Italian seasoned?

The ones from The Pub are battered and have specks of pepper in the batter. Omg they are amazing. You bite into them and they are so crispy on the outside and the cheese is all melted, gooey, and buttery. Great now I want them :tantrum: :bawl:

Agee

More than likely Sysco, US foods, but still a good product. Ever tried to make them from scratch, takes a special talent to bread the mozz...

More than likely Sysco, US foods, but still a good product. Ever tried to make them from scratch, takes a special talent to bread the mozz...

Just saw a cooking show making them. Pretty simple to prepare them, but the big trick is to put them in the freezer before cooking. The freezing temps keep the cheese from making a melted mess.