MOD Pizza coming soon !

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
More than likely Sysco, US foods,

Yep. That's why I always laugh when I see people argue about things like that and where has the best. It's all the exact same product from the exact same vendor. :lol:

I don't know why anyone would make fried mozzarella sticks anyway. Besides that they're gross, they're a huge mess and it's much cheaper and easier to just go to some pub if you get a craving for fried cheese.

It's all the exact same product from the exact same vendor. :lol:

But they aren't prepared the same, which is obvious from trying them from different places. They are radically different between different restaurants. Prep is as important as the product before cooking.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But they aren't prepared the same, which is obvious from trying them from different places. They are radically different between different restaurants. Prep is as important as the product before cooking.

They all get thrown in the deep fryer. It's not exactly haute cuisine.

PeoplesElbow

Dear Bruce's kid, who now owns or at least runs Nicoletti's,

Give me some money and I will tell you how to compete against Mod and stay relevant and solvent.

Okay, that's a lie. I am not coming back. Say the word and I'll give it to you for free.

Nicolettis will do fine because it is close enough for lunch from the base, Mod pizza is really stretching it for "an hour" lunch.

Most places around the base are packed at lunch time and dead at dinner time.

terbear1225

So, this place opened yesterday, right? anyone have feedback? on my own for dinner tonight and really don't feel like cooking for one.

GregV814

I don't know what a mod pizza is but if its wearing bell-bottom triple knit slacks, high heel vinyl shoes and a polyester shirt, I want no part of it...Besides who can beat Grotto or Ledo's?? Its ketchup on bread guys....Yes, I am a darn proud neanderthal consumer....LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, this place opened yesterday, right? anyone have feedback? on my own for dinner tonight and really don't feel like cooking for one.

Monello and I have visited Mod Pizza places all over the country and they are super good. Try it - I'll be interested to see if you like it as much as we do.

Stopped there today. On the plus side, it tastes good. Quality ingredients. One price, unlimited toppings. Prepared "assembly line" style like Subway, you just tell them what you want on it. Lots and lots of choices. Even drips with oil.

On the down side, I'm not a big fan of very thin crispy cracker crusts. Prefer the yeasty crust of a NY style.

terbear1225

Impressions so far, as I stand here waiting for my pizza (I arrived well before the time I scheduled to pick up). It’s Loud! Could be the number of people, could be the acoustics of the building. Not seeing this as a place for much conversation with the meal, at least not for someone who is sensitive to noise levels.

terbear1225

Got to say, I’m not impressed so far. Got my pizza 5 minutes after my scheduled pick up, after an employee looked at it behind the counter and said”what’s up with this internet order”. Receipt on the box seems to indicate it was made at 3:15, and the temperature of the pizza would support that timeline. I’ll give them one more shot, maybe it’s just opening glitches