ISO Information Molestation at Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center

officeguy

That's not enough popcorn, depending on what comes further from the investigation. Hell if it leads to an arrest and we have a mugshot. Then it's still my fault for spreading 'FALSE' rumors.

Well, the rumor was false. 'Something' allegedly happened, but it wasn't a molestation.

PeoplesElbow

This is the kind of #### I'm talking about.

You ask a general "pulse check" to see what's up, you get bitched at for defamation/slander. It is only that case if it's against a person and it wasn't a statement but a inquiry. Also based on the article that was just posted. Everything in there seemed to dictate what my wife said. In addition it seemed to mirror what I said.

I would never be irresponsible enough to post bull#### on a matter this serious. Based on the people I've heard it from and the quantity, would make it very credible.

Now the next step is to see what the actual investigation yields.

Personally I didn't really see anyone jumping into your ####, just reminding you that there are often rumors such as this posted on the internet and so many have turned out to be false. Calvert seems especially bad about it, no reason to be all butthurt over it. It was pretty civil until Forkin decided to take it personal for some reason.

And for the record all of the false rumors were "I heard from someone who would definitely know" Like I said before I heard that exact same thing about the cocaine laced Halloween candy that everyone in CRE was all scared about several years ago.

steppinthrax

Personally I didn't really see anyone jumping into your ####, just reminding you that there are often rumors such as this posted on the internet and so many have turned out to be false. Calvert seems especially bad about it, no reason to be all butthurt over it. It was pretty civil until Forkin decided to take it personal for some reason.

And for the record all of the false rumors were "I heard from someone who would definitely know" Like I said before I heard that exact same thing about the cocaine laced Halloween candy that everyone in CRE was all scared about several years ago.

You have to use a bit of intelligence here. Cocaine laced halloween candy. Come on now!!! That's Bull####.

I agree the use of the word "Molestation" was probably wrong, but was trying to catch attention. I'll see if I can change the title. But for the most part I was on the same track. What the parent told me and what was reported was pretty similar.

MyTwoCents

Sad

Well I appreciate your post/inquiry. I don't understand the bashing. You are not spreading a rumor or slandering anyone. You are simply inquiring about a possible situation that many caring parents would want to know about. And if anyone had details that could confirm or shut down the story it would be helpful in both aspects. If it was completely false many could take that information to anyone else speaking about it to try and help remove it from people's mouths so I really don't see the harm in what you do.
We are new to the area and I try to use these pages and such to find out about the area. Sadly I see more negativity from people on here than positive and that in itself is bothersome. We have commented many times about how polite and mannerly people around here are but that's in person. I guess FB muscles change people.

You ask a general "pulse check" to see what's up, you get bitched at for defamation/slander. It is only that case if it's against a person and it wasn't a statement but a inquiry. Also based on the article that was just posted. Everything in there seemed to dictate what my wife said. In addition it seemed to mirror what I said.

I would never be irresponsible enough to post bull#### on a matter this serious. Based on the people I've heard it from and the quantity, would make it very credible.

Now the next step is to see what the actual investigation yields.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Well I appreciate your post/inquiry. I don't understand the bashing. You are not spreading a rumor or slandering anyone. You are simply inquiring about a possible situation that many caring parents would want to know about. And if anyone had details that could confirm or shut down the story it would be helpful in both aspects. If it was completely false many could take that information to anyone else speaking about it to try and help remove it from people's mouths so I really don't see the harm in what you do.
We are new to the area and I try to use these pages and such to find out about the area. Sadly I see more negativity from people on here than positive and that in itself is bothersome. We have commented many times about how polite and mannerly people around here are but that's in person. I guess FB muscles change people.

Oh, please...

Read this

Make that WE. Maybe I'm sensitive to faux headlines that are there to get attention but end up igniting a rumor, and sooner or later someone is pointing a finger.

"Incident" is by far a better way to "ask" a question, did anyone hear about an incident that the sheriff's office might be investigating?

steppinthrax

I have noticed the same as well. I've lived in Calvert for 5 years so far. People in Calvert County tend to be very nice. Most that I have met, no issues. However, people on here seem to speak the contrary. People seem very reactive and neurotic on Somd forums. Then again, SOMD is a huge place, we are also covering St. Mary's County, Charles County. Maybe people are much more difference as you go down south.

I decided to stop going into the Politics forms.

steppinthrax

Oh, please...

Read this

Make that WE. Maybe I'm sensitive to faux headlines that are there to get attention but end up igniting a rumor, and sooner or later someone is pointing a finger.

"Incident" is by far a better way to "ask" a question, did anyone hear about an incident that the sheriff's office might be investigating?

I guarantee you, if It was originally worded as "Incident" you'd still bitch about something.

PeoplesElbow

Has there been anything released other than the "we're looking into it" statement?

I can't help but think that the police haven't released anything for a reason and that maybe people that actually know stuff would have been told not to talk about it until a statement is released. I witnessed a traffic accident once and was asked not to talk about it.

Last edited:

steppinthrax

Has there been anything released other than the "we're looking into it" statement?

I can't help but think that the police haven't released anything for a reason and that maybe people that actually know stuff would have been told not to talk about it until a statement is released. I witnessed a traffic accident once and was asked not to talk about it.

I don't believe police can tell you "not to talk about something" unless there has been a gag order issued (by a judge). But just general "happenings" and what has became "gossip" can't be controlled. We don't live in NK or something like that.

nutz

I have noticed the same as well. I've lived in Calvert for 5 years so far. People in Calvert County tend to be very nice. Most that I have met, no issues. However, people on here seem to speak the contrary. People seem very reactive and neurotic on Somd forums. Then again, SOMD is a huge place, we are also covering St. Mary's County, Charles County. Maybe people are much more difference as you go down south.

I decided to stop going into the Politics forms.

Everything in there seemed to dictate what my wife said.
So, you got your source from your wife, who got her source from someone else, who got it from someone.......Yes, you are the model for best neighbor ever.

You may want to take a little memory tour of what a swell person you portray to be.
http://forums.somd.com/threads/302023-DC-woman-look-like-a-bunch-of-stuck-up-snobs!!!?highlight=
http://forums.somd.com/threads/301714-Crazy-Neighbors-and-the-Confederate-Flag?highlight=
http://forums.somd.com/threads/2965...aths-before-this-bus-stop-is-moved?highlight=
http://forums.somd.com/threads/296661-Why-in-Hell-were-schools-opened-today?highlight=

steppinthrax

So I guess since we can't attack what was said here anymore. We spend our time strolling through Somd forums to find something we can use to bring into this separate thread. :eyebrow:

Of course, as always SoMd style!!!!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
the fact that you replied to my post indicates you knew who was being pointed out as the cranky (complaining) poster on this forum.

and your response is so child like, "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you".