My neighbor went missing this weekend.

mgdbaa

Question - How can a couple or person be granted custody thru the court system when there is no documentation on the true identity of the child? Abandonment? Still, wouldn't they be required to seek information to find the identity of the child? I'm just curious now as to how this situation works within the court system.

Thats St. Marys county for you. I asked that very same question. I even called social services and they told me that back then the courts would see that someone was willing to take care of me and thats all that mattered. There were not investigations done on the people that got custody of me. Thats how they operated back then.

AeroTaken

Doesn't really work that way. The DNA database for specific individuals that can be publicly tapped is a very very very small (caonsidering the population) pool. There is no all inclusive public DNA database any more than there is a public fingerprint database... That said, there are LEO databases where the DNA of more recent unidentified persons and corpses is kept... but since this all went down back in the 70's I doubt that any DNA would be on file even if there were for it to be... Basically, they would have to suspect a match first, then retrieve DNA through exhumation of remains / request to a living individual, then perform a match test.

There's a lot more to it than most people realize. But then, there may be a lot more to this particular case too....

But maybe a blood relative - brother, sister, mother, father is still living and has commited a crime in the more recent past that required their DNA be put on file......her DNA would hit on that DNA in the system, possibly giving something to go on? Find a sister or brother and maybe THEY know more information?

prettyinblue

mgdbaa,

I know you have been questioning and gathering information for all these years in your search for your mother and I mean no disrespect when I suggest that sometimes it's easier to see things when you're on the outside looking in. Please contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and tell them you do not know who you are and let them look at your situation from 'the outside' without all the stuff you've been told. The story and details you've heard over the years may not based in truth at all and therefore never lead you to your mother's identity.

There is a very real possibility you were abducted and there is a mother/family somewhere looking for YOU.

Thank you for bravely sharing your story here......I suspect it must be very painful for you to explain it. Again, please know that I don't mean to diminish all your efforts or add to your burden but I just really feel you've been given a lot of details that were meant to distract and conceal and that have kept you on the wrong path.

Just bumping this post from last night in case you didn't see it. If you haven't already talked with the folks at NCMEC, please consider telling them you may have been abducted as a child and need assistance in ascertaining your true identity.

bzbear2000

question

Are you bi-racial? Asking for personal reasons. looking for niece about 30 yr old from alex, dc area. abandoned by mother (my sister). Probably not a chance but you never give up...

Personally , I do not think my mother is alive. I have always tried to find out who she was and what happened. In the past 2 years I learned more then I had ever know before. With information I have collected, it appears that she may have been killed and it could have been covered up. I apperntly had family that lived in Alexandria Va. The babysitter I was left with told me that last year. I asked her why she never took me to my family. She claimed that she couldn't rememebr where they lived. Someone should have called the police when my mother never came back. But they didn't. I do believe that the babysitter I was left with knew what really happened to my mother. Instead of taking me to my family or calling the police, she later gave me to another couple who eventually went to court and got tempory legal custody of me. To this day, I do not have a birth certificate or even know what my real age is. I just go by what the st. marys court system put in the legal document. I have searched for answers in Alexandria, DC and Maryland. No one seems to really want to get envolved with this. Big mystery as to how I ended up in St. Marys County when I had family that lived in VA.

sdm

Do you have any pictures of yourself as a young child? Kindergarten, elementary school photos? Maybe you could take a photo and start going through the databases of missing persons? It would be alot of work, but I'd be willing to help you. There are some daytime talk shows that used to help people find their families with great results. Your story is quite interesting. Maybe there is something they could do to help. I know of another person in Calvert who had a very similar situation. He is 49 now and it happened to him when he was around 4 (1965). Within the last 5 years he had a sister (who resides in TN) find him.

mgdbaa

Do you have any pictures of yourself as a young child? Kindergarten, elementary school photos? Maybe you could take a photo and start going through the databases of missing persons? It would be alot of work, but I'd be willing to help you. There are some daytime talk shows that used to help people find their families with great results. Your story is quite interesting. Maybe there is something they could do to help. I know of another person in Calvert who had a very similar situation. He is 49 now and it happened to him when he was around 4 (1965). Within the last 5 years he had a sister (who resides in TN) find him.

Oh i understand now. I did already go thru the online websites to try and match my photo with missing children from the late 70's. I did that in VA, DC and MD. Nothing matched . I also wend to the alexandria police dept last year and told them I thought that maybe had been reported missing. They said they couldn't help me if I didn't know what my parents name was or if my name was even correct. Kind of strange to me.

If I had family that lived in VA they wouldn't be looking for me in St. Marys county. I tried to explain that to the detective. He just blew me off.

Also, I was told that when I was little I did not know how to speak any english. You can tell there is some hispanic in me. Now If I had family that lived in VA, chances are they did not speak english and never reported me missing. I just don't know. As for my mother, if she was into drugs like I was told, chances are her side of the family didn't even know she had a child. Its just 1 big mystery.

The only thing I know is true, is Im here, breathing and paying taxes.

mgdbaa

Just bumping this post from last night in case you didn't see it. If you haven't already talked with the folks at NCMEC, please consider telling them you may have been abducted as a child and need assistance in ascertaining your true identity.

Thanks, I have tried that website also. Nothing on myself. Nothing comes up at all with the name that I go by. Thats why I think the name I use is not really my name. I have browsed photos on different websits also. Nothing that matches my discription.

Its like I just fell out of the sky.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Personally , I do not think my mother is alive. I have always tried to find out who she was and what happened. In the past 2 years I learned more then I had ever know before. With information I have collected, it appears that she may have been killed and it could have been covered up. I apperntly had family that lived in Alexandria Va. The babysitter I was left with told me that last year. I asked her why she never took me to my family. She claimed that she couldn't rememebr where they lived. Someone should have called the police when my mother never came back. But they didn't. I do believe that the babysitter I was left with knew what really happened to my mother. Instead of taking me to my family or calling the police, she later gave me to another couple who eventually went to court and got tempory legal custody of me. To this day, I do not have a birth certificate or even know what my real age is. I just go by what the st. marys court system put in the legal document. I have searched for answers in Alexandria, DC and Maryland. No one seems to really want to get envolved with this. Big mystery as to how I ended up in St. Marys County when I had family that lived in VA.

Checkout Bastard Nation - It is an adoptee rights goup.

BASTARD NATION

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Thanks, but I was not adopted. Abandonment is more the case. Missing parents, no identity on them or myself.

Same issues, getting original birth certificate. Identity issues...etc. You original BC is out there, court just has it all locked up. Stupid court systems prevent you form knowing who you real are. Almost makes you a second class citizen.

mgdbaa

Same issues, getting original birth certificate. Identity issues...etc. You original BC is out there, court just has it all locked up. Stupid court systems prevent you form knowing who you real are. Almost makes you a second class citizen.

Very strange thing happened on Friday evening when I left work. I got a phone call from a women who used to work with the babysitter and the women who raised me. She told me more names of people who might know something. She also knew that the women who raised me passed away. I asked her how she knew this and she said a friend of hers told her. She gave that persons name. It was a name I never heard of before which means people know that I am snooping around for answers.

This is starting to get a little creepy, but I am going to follow all these leeds that have suddenly been given to me.

ladyhawk

Very strange thing happened on Friday evening when I left work. I got a phone call from a women who used to work with the babysitter and the women who raised me. She told me more names of people who might know something. She also knew that the women who raised me passed away. I asked her how she knew this and she said a friend of hers told her. She gave that persons name. It was a name I never heard of before which means people know that I am snooping around for answers.

This is starting to get a little creepy, but I am going to follow all these leeds that have suddenly been given to me.

I found it sad to hear about your mother and am glad that people out here have been able to help you and provide you with leads... But I am curious as to an update on the missing woman...

Has there been any update on her status? I know other people that are concerned over her disappearance and like me are coming in here for an update...

Thanks,
June

mgdbaa

I found it sad to hear about your mother and am glad that people out here have been able to help you and provide you with leads... But I am curious as to an update on the missing woman...

Has there been any update on her status? I know other people that are concerned over her disappearance and like me are coming in here for an update...

Thanks,
June

Honestly I am not real sure. My sister said she heard they found her car but not her. My sis said she heard that 2 people were arrested. I sure hope those babies do not have to go without their mom.

JLS

Have u happened to go thru the woman that raised you (and just passed) any papers to see if there was anything she had hidden about u??

Mama_Mia08

Well heres the thing, I was never adopted. There are no records of me. The name I grew up with is probable not even my real name. The guy in this family that was given custody of me hated me. He would hit me all the time. Fianlly the mom, who I call my mother finally left him when I was about 8 or 9. The people I was left with were definately not blood related. I found out that there was alot of criminal activity and the people involved all used alias's. Long story short, rumors were that my mother was killed. My question, is why was the police not called when my mother never came back, why did the baby sitter I was left with not call my grandmother who lived in VA. Why did my baby sitter give me to another couple? I have always had this gutt feeling about the babysitter. Some of the things I learned are just crazy. All because no one knew my real mothers real name, I have been in the dark my whole life as to who I am and what happened?

Yea maybe my mother was in bad things, but she had a mother or even siblings. My babysitter told me I had a grand mother who loved me and she could figure out why my grand mother never came looking for me.

Someting very fishy happened. I always come back to the babysitter.

Your situation sounds like a bunch of lifetime movies, books, and missing persons stories all rolled into one. I hope you find what you're looking for soon. I would keep contacting those shows and agencies you said you've contacted already. Maybe once they've heard from you over and over again they'll remember you've contacted them before and want to help you. Try Dr. Phil too. Have you considered maybe you were sold by the babysitter??? Good luck:smile: