NAS Patuxent River cancels Air Expo 2013

edinsomd

Ahh, the best part of going to an airshow is BEING IN the airshow. Been in several in days gone past; chicks dig flight suits. Good times.
That is all.
:yay:

sockgirl77

Air shows are good for the local economy and they're good recruiting tools (I guess that reason enough to defund them). Here's some of the stuff you're getting instead: (see if this makes you feel better about not having paper)

From Senator Coburn's Wastebook:

Kinda like NSWC placing a mass order of laptops and HUGE monitors at the end of the year.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I'm not surprise, this administration will do anything to make sure the welfare whores.........I mean, the Democratic voting base, keeps getting their checks and obama phones.

Also, don't forget, Barry has to have his monthly vacations and parties, let alone flying around the country going to campaign events.

Can't have the military spending all that money when Barry needs a party and vacation.

BTW, I have six boxes of paper under my desk at work.........and I'm not telling what building I work in.:razz:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
BTW, I have six boxes of paper under my desk at work.........and I'm not telling what building I work in.:razz:

:jet: Why you...you...HOARDER! Hey, you wouldn't happen to have any fax toner would you? If you share, I'll give you my kid's DNA! I'll meet you the shadows for the exchange, no questions asked. :buddies:

C

czygvtwkr

We got boxes of paper, we just got an email the other day saying we have to take out our own trash and are responsible for vacuuming the floor. Only problem I think the vacuums belong to the contracting company, I wonder if they will approve my purchase order for a vacuum cleaner.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Ah the hypocrisy and contradictions of the Republican party, gotta love it. In one breath you scream about fiscal responsibility while in the other you scream, "where's my air show Obama?" Conservatism would be hilarious if it wasn't so downright scary.

Wouldn't hypocrisy be more like cancelling White house tours for school children due to a lack of funds and then throwing a multi-million dollar party for your buddies?

White House rocks to sounds of Memphis soul » GoMemphis.com

Radiant1

Soul Probe
We got boxes of paper, we just got an email the other day saying we have to take out our own trash and are responsible for vacuuming the floor. Only problem I think the vacuums belong to the contracting company, I wonder if they will approve my purchase order for a vacuum cleaner.

Well weren't you a spoiled brat. We've been doing that! :razz:

C

czygvtwkr

Well weren't you a spoiled brat. We've been doing that! :razz:

I got no problem vacuuming, or going out on the taxiway and pick up rocks, or what ever other little task they want me to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

SG_Player1974

Exactly. I'd rather this be cut than my salary.

At the definite risk of starting some form of friction, I just have to put this out there....

Are you insinuating that you are in danger of being furloughed because you work ON THE BASE??

If this is true... please let me know where exactly you work at because I just dont see what job could possibly be any less demanding that one could spend so much of their day posting on this forum and STILL accomplish their work!

In all honesty... I always thought you were unemployed OR a stay at home mom :whistle:

sockgirl77

At the definite risk of starting some form of friction, I just have to put this out there....

Are you insinuating that you are in danger of being furloughed because you work ON THE BASE??

If this is true... please let me know where exactly you work at because I just dont see what job could possibly be any less demanding that one could spend so much of their day posting on this forum and STILL accomplish their work!

In all honesty... I always thought you were unemployed OR a stay at home mom :whistle:

Oh puhleeze. Most of the people that post on here work on base. I do work on a base. My workload has been slow lately. But, when I have work to do, it gets done efficiently. Oh and I'm capable of multitasking.

And as far as thinking I was unemployed or a stay at home mom...do you read my posts? I'm a single mom that works her ass off for her kids. Always have and always will.

And no, I will not post exactly where I work. That's just none of your damn business.

SG_Player1974

Oh puhleeze. Most of the people that post on here work on base. I do work on a base. My workload has been slow lately. But, when I have work to do, it gets done efficiently. Oh and I'm capable of multitasking.

And as far as thinking I was unemployed or a stay at home mom...do you read my posts? I'm a single mom that works her ass off for her kids. Always have and always will.

And no, I will not post exactly where I work. That's just none of your damn business.

I suppose I just decided to pick on you inadvertantly. :howdy:

I just dont see how people can be on here so damn much and still get their work done. Dont get me wrong, I have my down time at work too but, it just seems to me that certain people are on here ALL DAY! Some respond in mere minutes to others posts. How do they find the time to do that if they are not constantly monitoring this forum and neglecting their job duties? I mean... that goes far beyong "multitasking!"

That's just plain slackin' off and staying on the internet all day! :evil:

The reason why I posted was because if they took the average forum troller's time they spend here and put it all together, I bet they would find a full work day and wouldn't need a "furlough day" :coffee:

sockgirl77

I suppose I just decided to pick on you inadvertantly. :howdy:

I just dont see how people can be on here so damn much and still get their work done. Dont get me wrong, I have my down time at work too but, it just seems to me that certain people are on here ALL DAY! Some respond in mere minutes to others posts. How do they find the time to do that if they are not constantly monitoring this forum and neglecting their job duties? I mean... that goes far beyong "multitasking!"

That's just plain slackin' off and staying on the internet all day! :evil:

The reason why I posted was because if they took the average forum troller's time they spend here and put it all together, I bet they would find a full work day and wouldn't need a "furlough day" :coffee:

Eh. They've cut a few programs lately so my workflow has stagnant periods. I post then. I'm assuming that money must have found it's way back into the budget because emails are flying around about projects restarting. As much as love this forum, I welcome the increased workload. I don't do well with boredom. :lol:

C

czygvtwkr

If socki's job is anything like mine I spend quite a bit of time waiting on other people. I bet she spends less time on here than others spend out in the smoking area.

sockgirl77

If socki's job is anything like mine I spend quite a bit of time waiting on other people. I bet she spends less time on here than others spend out in the smoking area.

Oh I spend a good portion of my day waiting for others to do their jobs so I can do mine...

pbotz

andrews air show

you know i look foward each year to the air show and was pretty upset to find out it was canceled. id rather pay 10-15 dollars a person to get in and enjoy the show. that will pay for the expenses of the show.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell

You were spot on... and it's not too hard to figure out. Let's simplify the computation of that one person. Joined Aug 2003, current (as of this post) has 37,359 posts. If that person was on here 24/7 that would be an average of about 10.6 (or 11) posts a day. However, if you fish thru, you'll see most are during the work hour weekday. So that could increase that daily substantially and especially if she works AWS (every other friday off) and no internet at home. Again, you are spot on! in fact, there is a hand full of them on here. I really don't blame them. I blame their supervisors for neglecting their own duties and responsibilities. But never fear; clean up days are ahead.

sockgirl77

You were spot on... and it's not too hard to figure out. Let's simplify the computation of that one person. Joined Aug 2003, current (as of this post) has 37,359 posts. If that person was on here 24/7 that would be an average of about 10.6 (or 11) posts a day. However, if you fish thru, you'll see most are during the work hour weekday. So that could increase that daily substantially and especially if she works AWS (every other friday off) and no internet at home. Again, you are spot on! in fact, there is a hand full of them on here. I really don't blame them. I blame their supervisors for neglecting their own duties and responsibilities. But never fear; clean up days are ahead.

How about you blame the person that has cut the budget for programs? That's who has made my workload slow. :yay: