NAS Patuxent River cancels Air Expo 2013

SG_Player1974

How about you blame the person that has cut the budget for programs? That's who has made my workload slow. :yay:

Just playing devil's advocate here...

So you are basically claiming that you have had a "slow workload" for the last 10 years based on your joining date? :whistle:

If my workload were that slow for that long... I'd be unemployed :eyebrow:

sockgirl77

Just playing devil's advocate here...

So you are basically claiming that you have had a "slow workload" for the last 10 years based on your joining date? :whistle:

If my workload were that slow for that long... I'd be unemployed :eyebrow:

No. Maybe you should do a statistical graph/timeline on Socki's posting dates/times. Or come out with a better average. Divide my posts by 20,800. That's how many hours the average person works in 10 years. That's less than 2 posts per hour. Or take a look at how many others are up in the 40k post range. Or...check the time on YOUR last post.:yay:

SG_Player1974

Or...check the time on YOUR last post.:yay:

~5 years here = 10,400 hours

319 / 10,400 = 0.031 posts per hour for me.

According to my math, you have ~1.8 posts per hour

1.8 / .031 = 58

So... since you have been here about 2x as long as me, lets half that to 29.

This means that you are actually posting 29x more than I am per hour!!!

I guess your workload is pretty slow huh? :killingme

Hank

my war
~5 years here = 10,400 hours

319 / 10,400 = 0.031 posts per hour for me.

According to my math, you have ~1.8 posts per hour

1.8 / .031 = 58

So... since you have been here about 2x as long as me, lets half that to 29.

This means that you are actually posting 29x more than I am per hour!!!

I guess your workload is pretty slow huh? :killingme

Just wondering.... What is it any of your business and why are you so obsessed with how much she posts?

SG_Player1974

Just wondering.... What is it any of your business and why are you so obsessed with how much she posts?

For the same reason socki had for posting about the cuts and her salary.

Because I am a potential furlough-ee and I find it interesting that some people can comment, complain, and whine about how they will be furloughed however, they are probably wasting those 8-9 hours on this forum every week!

I am not so much criticizing the fact that she is posting XXX many times or that she is on here XXX many hours a day. I am more pointing out the fact that one should not complain about losing hours if those hours are just wasted on here in the first place.

Gotta go... lunch is over :coffee:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
IMHO the one flyover that they should not cancel in any way shape or form is the flyover for this years Graduating class of the Naval Academy, IMHO that would be a slap in the face. Those dudes and dudettes have busted their a$$es and to me that is just a salute from their Military family, same goes for the Air Force Academy graduation. If the public happens to accidently see it while it is going on so be it.

I'm going to go talk to the Capt and see if maybe we can get a VX23/F35 flyover for those kids... Will let you know.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I'm going to go talk to the Capt and see if maybe we can get a VX23/F35 flyover for those kids... Will let you know.
He would have to take that up the chain of command and it will mostly like be shot down since this is all political crap. Barry would not like a Capt. upstaging him when he is trying to score some political points so I would not hold my breath on it happening.

Also, does the CO really want to put himself into that position, if he does do the fly over the media would have a field day with it; and he would mostly not come out of it smelling like a rose if you know what I mean.

Look at it this way, right now the Navy has enough money that it does not have to furlough any workers, but since the Army and Air Force don't it looks like the Navy will still go through with the furloughs, just so the politicians can save face and score political points. What would happen if the Navy didn’t furlough anyone after everyone said they would.

This sequestration was a political ploy and this administration is trying to use it to hang it around the necks of Republicans and hype how bad it is. All they are doing is calling an ant hill a mountain; but if you expose them on their lie you know damn well that those people will come hunting for you, and they will not be happy with you when they find you.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It's sad, but honestly when I have to beg and plead to get a ream of paper for my printer at work, spend my own money on other office supplies, and am looking at possible time home due to budget cuts, I'd be kind of pissed if they went forward with the air show.

How much does it cost to fly people around in Air Farce One?
I think they should have to fly coach, not even economy plus.

acommondisaster

Seems like a lot of the things that are being cut are all things that make people feel good about living in the US - White House tours, air shows, Smithsonian cutting down on exhibits, etc.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
He would have to take that up the chain of command and it will mostly like be shot down since this is all political crap. Barry would not like a Capt. upstaging him when he is trying to score some political points so I would not hold my breath on it happening.

Also, does the CO really want to put himself into that position, if he does do the fly over the media would have a field day with it; and he would mostly not come out of it smelling like a rose if you know what I mean.

Look at it this way, right now the Navy has enough money that it does not have to furlough any workers, but since the Army and Air Force don't it looks like the Navy will still go through with the furloughs, just so the politicians can save face and score political points. What would happen if the Navy didn’t furlough anyone after everyone said they would.

This sequestration was a political ploy and this administration is trying to use it to hang it around the necks of Republicans and hype how bad it is. All they are doing is calling an ant hill a mountain; but if you expose them on their lie you know damn well that those people will come hunting for you, and they will not be happy with you when they find you.

Hmmmm. spoken like a true-blue Karl Rove fan! I sure hope you aren't military... but it is apparent your conditioning, military or otherwise, certainly was not positive! I am not trying to pick on you personally... but hopefully this is not your circle norm. You should try to listen to the lyrics of the song "Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)" by Styx.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Hmmmm. spoken like a true-blue Karl Rove fan! I sure hope you aren't military... but it is apparent your conditioning, military or otherwise, certainly was not positive! I am not trying to pick on you personally... but hopefully this is not your circle norm. You should try to listen to the lyrics of the song "Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)" by Styx.
I'm retired USN, and know how these things work, been there done that, got the eff'ing T-Shirt to prove it.

I do have that song and it's one of my favorites, but it can go either way and can be equally applied it to your stance/position.

And personally, I'm not a Karl Rove fan, can't stand the guy and sorry, I don't believe in sitting around singing kumbaya, I live in the real world and am not an Obamanite like yourself. If you want positive, look in the dictionary between the words pompous and poser, you'll find it there.

BTW, try listening to "Grand Illusion", you might learn something.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
You listen to Styx, enough said.
:lmao:

Huh? To be honest, I haven't indulged in their music too much after the "Grand Illusion" when they were in their prime. Lot's of 70's and 80's bands turned disco, bubble gum, etc. It was the trend at the time. Of course you prolly wouldn't know or understand any of that since you are clueless to the era of real rock n' roll. Your knowledge of rock is perhaps american idol, or some sissy-boy vocal group. Anything else you want to learn?

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I'm retired USN, and know how these things work, been there done that, got the eff'ing T-Shirt to prove it.

I do have that song and it's one of my favorites, but it can go either way and can be equally applied it to your stance/position.

And personally, I'm not a Karl Rove fan, can't stand the guy and sorry, I don't believe in sitting around singing kumbaya, I live in the real world and am not an Obamanite like yourself. If you want positive, look in the dictionary between the words pompous and poser, you'll find it there.

BTW, try listening to "Grand Illusion", you might learn something.

That song came from that album! :shakin head: I am not an Obama fan. But as when I was military under a commander in chief, I disliked many and disagree with their decisions, but wasn't disrespectful to near foul. Do you curse him everytime your splurging that pension check? I wonder.

As citizens, we have alot more serious problems to waste energy on rather than one black man in the wh. in fact, your own brotherhood could be turning on you and me... but perhaps that is what someone wants. What do you think? I am surprised you didn't complain about the $30k fuel bill for the fly-over.