Need a new car/SUV

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Several of my friends and family moved to Hyundai for daily drivers. 10/100k miles powertrain, 5/60k mile bumper to bumper, 5yr unlimited mileage roadside service. Plus you get a lot of bang for the buck. Some models are made in the US too. None of us have had any major issues and are very pleased with them- Kona, Tucson's and Palisades

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
LOOK, Its true, "Cah sheild cahs drive mo bettah..." Ice tee and whats her face "dahlink" told me that....

actually I did exaggerate a tad..... its well beyond over 200 thousand.... miles... though.
So it’s finally broken in.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thanks for your input. We sat down last night and were overwhelmed with all the information out there about new and used vehicles. I'm still undecided as to whether I should just fix it or take on the debt of another vehicle; used or new.
The dealer said they had no updates for the GPS and a friend said there may be a custom shop around to update it. Anyone?
And yes, I am technically challenged and have an old iphone. I suppose if I reaaly had to, I could learn how to use it for mapping.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The latest GPS update I can find is GM - North America Map Update - DENSO Global A - v.2016. Going through GM it is about $200. You might be able to find it on EBAY for less. Saw pre-owned copies on EBAY for $60.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks for your input. We sat down last night and were overwhelmed with all the information out there about new and used vehicles. I'm still undecided as to whether I should just fix it or take on the debt of another vehicle; used or new.
The dealer said they had no updates for the GPS and a friend said there may be a custom shop around to update it. Anyone?
And yes, I am technically challenged and have an old iphone. I suppose if I reaaly had to, I could learn how to use it for mapping.
Download Google maps to your phone. Open it and press the microphone button and speak, take me to xxx from my location. Then it maps for you.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Larry's Automotive in Lusby removed the headliner in my car and cleaned out the clogged drain tubes to the sunroof. I then took it to a place in PF to have the car detailed. Though they did not remove the soaked carpets, they ran fans on them to dry them and cleaned them afterwards. I was very happy with how my car looked and smelled when I picked it up!
All is good for now but I am anticipating at some point getting a newer vehicle.

phreddyp

Larry's Automotive in Lusby removed the headliner in my car and cleaned out the clogged drain tubes to the sunroof. I then took it to a place in PF to have the car detailed. Though they did not remove the soaked carpets, they ran fans on them to dry them and cleaned them afterwards. I was very happy with how my car looked and smelled when I picked it up!
All is good for now but I am anticipating at some point getting a newer vehicle.
Larry's is a 1st class operation, did and still does all my vehicle repairs and maintenance !

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
About a year ago. It's the same car, just newer and with more stuff.
Are ya loving all the new bells and whistles?

My back is enjoying the heated seat feature and it's nice to have my XM radio back.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are ya loving all the new bells and whistles?

My back is enjoying the heated seat feature and it's nice to have my XM radio back.

The one I love best is the backup camera - I don't know how I lived without that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I loved my 2006 Rav4 so much that when it was time to get a new car I got another Rav4.
My missus replaced her Rav4 with a new 4-door pickup truck. She missed having a pickup truck, first of all, and used the Rav4 like a pickup truck anyway...it was always packed full of "horse stuff". Got a nice chunk of money for her well-maintained Rav4 though, even with 80,000 on it.

But the Ford pickup is on its third trip back to the dealer for things going wrong...third trip in less than 5000 miles. ;-(

PeoplesElbow

The new one has less cargo space because they took the spare tire off the rear door and put it in what used to be a trunk. But I'm no longer traveling with everything I own so it's all good.
I couldn't fit a wheelchair in the old one, one fits in my 2019. Cargo area is quite a bit longer, rear seats can't be removed though. Under the floor of the 2001 was only a tiny spot that I kept my 3 ft black iron pipe in to compensate for that tiny lug wrench. FYI there is room in the spare tire well to replace the donut with a full size (17 inch) spare.