Neglected Dog - Need advise

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I see Vrai's point and the OP's point but consider,
This is one of my dogs from the last snow... If anyone saw her out in this (I don't have a dog house out in the backyard) For a snapshot in time, she would seriously look like she was being abused and subjected to terrible conditions outside. BUT guess what! She has a doggie door in and out! She kept going out by herself! She LOVES the snow and will lay out in it for hours before she comes back in. She is built for it and her fur is insulated and holds all the snow on top of her fur. Believe me when I say, trying to wet her for a bath is seriously a 4 hour job.

While my imho doesn't matter, I do think Vrai got a bit harsh on the OP but I understand her reasoning! I would freak the hell out if someone came into my yard to do ANYTHING!

I'm sure that wasn't the OP's observation though in what she saw with this pup. I think she had GREAT intentions but went about it the wrong way. CALL ANIMAL CONTROL!

:yay:

Im with you... my two GSD's will stay out in it.

Lilypad

My take for what it's worth...if I see what I believe to be abuse or lack of common basic care of an animal/livestock-I approach the owner 1st.; I offer whatever assistance I can-feed, shelter options, resources etc...if rejected I contact ACO or my local shelter-and follow up if nothing changes. JMHO

luvmygdaughters

We do not know anything about these animals other than that "Aubriana" - some anonymous screen name on the forums - thinks they were neglected. Do you even know her in person to know if she's legit or not? Do you know for certain that she's not some burglar or murderer or thief or drug addict? Because all I know about her is what she herself posted: that she's a prowler and bothers peoples' animals, and she sneaks around peoples' homes at night.

She herself said that she is a criminal, and she listed her crimes fairly clearly in her OP. I didn't make that up or even infer. She said it herself.

No, to my knowledge, we have never meant. As I stated earlier, I understand why she did what she did. We had a neighbor who had not one but three dogs at three different times. Each time the dog was chained up outside, a makeshift shelter, food and water bowl knocked over by the chain. These people would be gone for 2 or 3 days at a time. I would throw food to the dog and fill a water bowl for him. I dont understand why people get pets if they cant take care of them. I know not everyone treats their pets the same way I treat Capt. Morgan, but, some abuse is so apparent, its hard to ignore it. I do not condone criminal activity on any account and that includes animal abuse.

dontknowwhy

I agree...
There have been times in our country in the past where people have broken the laws but for good reasons. For instance, the Underground Railroad was illegal and dangerous to operate, but there were enough compassionate people willing to break laws in order to help slaves get to freedom. Slaves were considered property not human beings and had no rights. Owners could treat them however they wanted.

While not equating animals with humans, there are times when we have to step in because a wrong is being done, however illegal it will be. Moral laws sometimes supersede judicial laws.

And after observing the results from that criminal activity, these "saviors' " families should be held accountable TODAY for the cluster #### we have today thanks to their ancestors "doing the right thing!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wish someone would take pity on Gidget and come kidnap her. The cats are mostly outside with several shelter options but Gidget is constantly wet and bedraggled in bad weather. This morning she rolled up for breakfast looking like she just had a round with the sailors in port.

Kiki Stinkertoes, however, is warm and dry so I know this must be a preference rather than a shelter failure.

And yes, both stayed out last night in that mess although they could have come inside if they wanted.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
If I should pass before my pets, it's in my will that Christy gets custody of them. I've even left a check to cover food and expenses for a few months. After that, she's on her own. :buddies:

Justme2

OK, So I didn't have time then

So my opinion is not needed either.

I have issue and come on line because I do not know where to turn and if what I am doing is right.

So you attack me threaten me with prison for trying to do the right thing or what I think is right.

We do not know anything about these animals other than that "Aubriana" - some anonymous screen name on the forums - thinks they were neglected. Do you even know her in person to know if she's legit or not? Do you know for certain that she's not some burglar or murderer or thief or drug addict? Because all I know about her is what she herself posted: that she's a prowler and bothers peoples' animals, and she sneaks around peoples' homes at night.

She herself said that she is a criminal, and she listed her crimes fairly clearly in her OP. I didn't make that up or even infer. She said it herself.

The question is DO YOU KNOW? Is she or is she not???? I wouldn't think so but I don't know. SO you ASS U ME she is and yeah it is hard not to be on the defense in this world.
No, I don't agree with what she did and yes I have read all the 8 pages of comments. I would of knocked to see if some one was home to make sure the dog was not there alone or left behind. Some one could of gotten ill or dead for all we know. But it beats

Frozen dog found in shed; owner arrested - maconcountytimes.com

:coffee:

C

czygvtwkr

Just curious, if you saw a dog in a closed up car in the sun on a 90 degree day and you could easily get into the vehicle would you? Not directed toward anyone, just curious how many people would.