neighbor with an attitude

MMDad

Lem Putt
Maybe you should have taken the time to roll down the window and say "Excuse me ladies, I have to get by, could you please scoop up your kids so I know they are safe before I take off? Thanks, have a great day."

SAHMs usually can still comunicate. Don't sit there waving like they are cattle. It would take you 5 seconds to be polite.

Why is it okay for SAHMs to let their kids play in the middle of the road? Doesn't that seem the tiniest bit irresponsible to you?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
When we were teenagers we used to hang out in the middle of the street. Used to sit on the pavement in the middle of the road. But we still moved pretty quick when a car came.

Yes, these folks are being inconsiderate, but you don't wanna piss off your neighbors by telling them that.

Do you stand outside of your car and chit chat while you wait for the bus or do you stay in the car where they look at you and think, "anti-social b!tch?" Not saying you are, just that they may be thinking that...

I've been a working mom, with SAHMs turning their nose up because I didn't care enough about my kids to stay home. I've been a SAHM with working moms thinking I'm not smart enough, educated enough or talented enough to get a "real" job and I've been a work at home mom, which is judged unfavorably by both sides...

Just as you think these SAHMs are uncooperative because you aren't one of them, they are likely to think that YOU think yourself better than them because they aren't like you.

The only solution is to talk to them and let them realize that you are all the same...mothers who care about their children and who have made tough decisions for the good of their families.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
If they can see a car is coming and trying to pass thru where they are standing why don't they move the kids to the side? Seems like common sense to me. Just standing there are blocking the way is not only rude but teaches the children unsafe habits.

smoothmarine187

If they can see a car is coming and trying to pass thru where they are standing why don't they move the kids to the side? Seems like common sense to me. Just standing there are blocking the way is not only rude but teaches the children unsafe habits.

Eating meat seems like common sense to me, so who knows.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Stop stopping for the kids. Put a brush gaurd on the front of your vehicle and just go. If the parents aren't watching the rats and letting them roam free in the road, luck is the only way they've survived this long. Do society a favor and chlorinate the gene pool. :cheers: