Neptunes?

Jameo

What?!
LordStanley said:
Talked to this guy, about a thing. The building is only being rented. The owner sold it to this guy.

The Owners of Neputnes name has 30 days to get out.

The New owner of the building is going to restore the place from the ground up.

They are trying to revitalize that area and Marina. All the piers and slips will be back to a safe working condition....

Sweet!!

bohman

LordStanley said:
Talked to this guy, about a thing. The building is only being rented. The owner sold it to this guy.

The Owners of Neputnes name has 30 days to get out.

The New owner of the building is going to restore the place from the ground up.

They are trying to revitalize that area and Marina. All the piers and slips will be back to a safe working condition....

that would be awesome, but I'll believe it when I see it....that location seems to be a hard luck story no matter who tries to fix it up. If somebody really knows how to manage it, it might be successful.

It would make a fun boating trip for me, I'm docked in Town Creek. I'm about a stone's throw from their back deck...

Midnightrider

suddenlysingle said:
Someone needs to tell that Tim guy that he has 30 days to vacate. I don't think he knows.
he'll figure it out when the door is nailed shut....

BTW, they have been on the edge ever since they opened the doors. It seemed like every time he would get stuff working something major would go wrong. Tim's a nice guy, but i dont think he has the best business skills

bohman

suddenlysingle said:
Someone needs to tell that Tim guy that he has 30 days to vacate. I don't think he knows.

Somebody needs to tell the poor folks at the Coors distributor, as well....I was on the water Friday, a few hundred yards from there, and saw a truck pull into their lot. He didn't stay long, so it was either the world's fastest beer delivery, or the driver found nobody home and got the hell out of there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bohman said:
that location seems to be a hard luck story no matter who tries to fix it up. If somebody really knows how to manage it, it might be successful.
The guy that owns that buiding is a PITA, if it's still the same guy. The only way it can ever be some place cool is if someone else actually bought the property and fixed it up so THEY could have control over it.

I hope what LordStanley says is true because it would be nice to have a restaurant/marina close by. That location has catered to drunken 20-somethings for years, and there's a market for a place that's a little more upscale and appealing to an older crowd.

Midnightrider

vraiblonde said:
The guy that owns that buiding is a PITA, if it's still the same guy. The only way it can ever be some place cool is if someone else actually bought the property and fixed it up so THEY could have control over it.

I hope what LordStanley says is true because it would be nice to have a restaurant/marina close by. That location has catered to drunken 20-somethings for years, and there's a market for a place that's a little more upscale and appealing to an older crowd.
problem is, the older crowd rememebers the reputaion town creek bar used to have....

So are the doors nailed shut yet?

bohman

I'm confused

I thought the place was still closed? I drove past it last night on the way to my boat, when I came back (maybe 7:30?) the parking lot was mostly full. I wanted to stop and check it out, but had too many other things to do last night. Are they open? The building itself sure doesn't look like anything has been done to it yet.

Midnightrider

bohman said:
I thought the place was still closed? I drove past it last night on the way to my boat, when I came back (maybe 7:30?) the parking lot was mostly full. I wanted to stop and check it out, but had too many other things to do last night. Are they open? The building itself sure doesn't look like anything has been done to it yet.
the post saying they have 30 days to get out was from the first part of june, so they might still have a week or two. But i dont know

LordStanley

I know nothing
bohman said:

Was the parking lot full from people fishing off the pier?

bohman

LordStanley said:
Was the parking lot full from people fishing off the pier?

That's the first thing I thought of - "gee, lots of people fishing today" Then I looked to my right and saw maybe 6 people on the shore. Even if they had all driven individually, not enough to warrant half the cars that were parked.

Jameo

What?!
bohman said:

I do believe they have been open here and there.