New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

LostInSOMD

There's only a few sub shops I don't care for - basically I like 'em all. I'm not a big fan where I have to tell them EXACTLY how to make my sandwich, down to bread, every item, every dressing. I like them to be "number 5" with a few additions - that's it.

Because otherwise, at lunchtime, I have to stand behind people asking for each item on their sandwich - and most of them are the same. It's like standing in a buffet line where some schmuck has decided they have to spoon what they want a tiny morsel at a time, can't decide what they want, and they take the time to butter their bread while people wait. It's annoying. Slop it all on, put your butter on the side - dammit.
I order on line and it's waiting for me on the rack. Firehouse and Jimmy John's are great for that.

SamSpade

Poor Charlotte Hall.
I hate shopping at Walmart, especially food shopping. I hate that they enough registers to accommodate the entire county, and yet even during CHRISTMAS, they can't put someone at all of them. I hate that they rarely have someone at ANY of them, preferring to rely on self checkout, where you have to wait in a long line - behind people ignoring the signs on how many items you can have, and checking out with TWO FULL CARTS OF STUFF. I hate that I have to wait in line to LEAVE THE STORE. I hate the tiny aisles, so that it just takes one ignorant shopper who decides to stop their cart - and plant themselves NEXT to it, to browse the shelves. I hate the insane parking lots. I hate how they will close one of two entrances - while you're INSIDE - and have to walk all the way around, to your car.

I would rather go just about anywhere, than have to go there.

mitzi

I hate shopping at Walmart, especially food shopping. I hate that they enough registers to accommodate the entire county, and yet even during CHRISTMAS, they can't put someone at all of them. I hate that they rarely have someone at ANY of them, preferring to rely on self checkout, where you have to wait in a long line - behind people ignoring the signs on how many items you can have, and checking out with TWO FULL CARTS OF STUFF. I hate that I have to wait in line to LEAVE THE STORE. I hate the tiny aisles, so that it just takes one ignorant shopper who decides to stop their cart - and plant themselves NEXT to it, to browse the shelves. I hate the insane parking lots. I hate how they will close one of two entrances - while you're INSIDE - and have to walk all the way around, to your car.

I would rather go just about anywhere, than have to go there.

I do too. When I get anything from WalMart, I use delivery or shipping.

SamSpade

I do too. When I get anything from WalMart, I use delivery or shipping.
I’ve done that. If I must go, I am going for only one or two items and deliberately during off hours. I will never - willingly - buy a large amount of stuff there, it doesn’t matter how cheap.

And that’s a shame, because with rare exception - you see my complaints are mostly about how they are MANAGED.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Years ago, I went to the checkout with one item, exactly what I went in for. The clerk was flabbergasted, and kept asking if that was really all I needed.

rio

Anyone know anything about the next restaurant going in where Stirred (most recently) in Hollywood was? I see signs on it that say "Local, Est.2023". I've heard that it is supposed to be a farm to table type place.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Anyone know anything about the next restaurant going in where Stirred (most recently) in Hollywood was? I see signs on it that say "Local, Est.2023". I've heard that it is supposed to be a farm to table type place.
I think it's going to be a sandwich type place.

Reactions: rio

mitzi

I dont believe its ever going to happen, that rumor as gone around several times, and just where is it suppose to go..
My first thought was where the market is. The house I lived in and the two lots beside it have been zoned commercial. Nothing large could be built there though.

zar

Theist
Poor Charlotte Hall.
The people want convenience. Everywhere else you pay at least 400k for a crappy house you have 5 Walmart’s in a 20 mile radius and 2 within 5-10 minutes. We're severly below average and have it easy

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Poor Charlotte Hall.
I had the same reaction for Lex Park/California. When I moved here, there was no Walmart, no K-Mart, just woods. Route 235 was 2 lanes. Only one or two traffic lights. Used to be able to see the Milky Way at night.

mitzi

I had the same reaction for Lex Park/California. When I moved here, there was no Walmart, no K-Mart, just woods. Route 235 was 2 lanes. Only one or two traffic lights. Used to be able to see the Milky Way at night.
Same when I lived in Charlotte Hall. Just the necessities were there (Highs, 2 liquor stores, video store, etc.) A few places to eat but no fast food.

Clem72

Was in the Leonardtown Shoppers yesterday. Noticed the prices (not just sales prices) of the 12 or so items on my list all seemed to be right in line with Food Lion and nothing was at or near the expiration date. In my past visits they seemed to be around 20% higher on most things.

Obviously not an exhaustive study, but maybe a good trend. Anyone else notice the same thing?