New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

sunshine98

Down Dowell Road, closed during the winter as it mostly outdoor deck seating (picnic table seating) Food is simple, quite good, a mix of differnet thing from a jerk chicken salad to burgers to conch chowder.
Second the tasty food and frosty beverages! And they have boat dockage.

OldHillcrestGuy

Charlotte Hall is too small for a Walmart or a Target. Even a movie theater.

Very true. The west side of Three Notch Rd. from the county line down to the Veterans Home is too narrow, with Charlotte Hall Rd. running behind it. Theres not enough open land on the east side with whats already built. Mr. Rosemore who bought up most of the west side (48 acres) and already going to put in a Aldi and Chick-Fil-A doesnt have the space either for Walmart unless he takes out the old buildings like the whole string, from Pizza Hotline down to the post office to include the thrift store and the apartments and that also includes the commuter parking lot then he would have the room. Walmart likes to be seen from a main road not on a side road.
Down where the VA Clinic and where a Sheetz is suppose to go not enough land for a Walmart to face the main road, although some of that land behind the Sheetz's the Parlett people have talked about a hotel in future plans.

FettZilla

Maybe they can put in a movie theater in Mechanicsville somewhere. It has some room. Where was the old drive down located before I moved here in 1995?

OldHillcrestGuy

There was one in Waldorf in like the 60s and early 70's. It was on 301 behind the area where the Denny's is and the shopping center where Christmas Tree Store was. Thats the only one in the Tri County area I know of. There was one in Clinton, Fort Washington and Oxon Hill in PG.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Maybe they can put in a movie theater in Mechanicsville somewhere. It has some room. Where was the old drive down located before I moved here in 1995?
Back in the late 70s to 1980 or 81, there was a Drive-In located in California MD across from where Walmart is located.

Found this...

Located on Maryland 235 and Town Creek Drive. Opened in 1951 as the Town Drive-In with a capacity for 300 cars. The name was changed to the 235 Drive-In around 1953. This drive-in closed in 1983.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Back in the late 70s to 1980 or 81, there was a Drive-In located in California MD across from where Walmart is located.

Found this...

Located on Maryland 235 and Town Creek Drive. Opened in 1951 as the Town Drive-In with a capacity for 300 cars. The name was changed to the 235 Drive-In around 1953. This drive-in closed in 1983.

It's where BAE is now.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

Found this...

I remember when I was about five of six, and my 4th sister babysat me. She was on a date, and the two of them took me to the drive-in at Town Creek to watch Night of the Living Dead. I was so, so, soooooo scared. That event gave me an extreme hatred for scary/gory movies.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I remember when I was about five of six, and my 4th sister babysat me. She was on a date, and the two of them took me to the drive-in at Town Creek to watch Night of the Living Dead. I was so, so, soooooo scared. That event gave me an extreme hatred for scary/gory movies.
I watched that alone in the dark. Ruined me for anything zombie.

FettZilla

There was one in Waldorf in like the 60s and early 70's. It was on 301 behind the area where the Denny's is and the shopping center where Christmas Tree Store was. Thats the only one in the Tri County area I know of. There was one in Clinton, Fort Washington and Oxon Hill in PG.
Yeah, I know of the one where I grew up in Clinton. The Ranch Drive-In. Been to Waldorf a lot too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
From Facebook:

OAK CREST EXPANSION
Royal Farms, Chipotle Moving Forward
Have you noticed the land grading happening across from Wildewood, near Aldi? It’s preparation for development of the Oak Crest PUD, previously approved by the Planning Commission in 2019. A Royal Farms convenience store/gas station and car wash will go on the corner, with Chipotle in the middle, and an as yet unnamed restaurant rounding out the road frontage.
The State Highway Administration has approved a new right-in/right-out entrance off northbound 235, and two entrances from Oak Crest Road will also feed the new businesses. The Department of Land Use and Growth Management released permits for Royal Farms in January 2024.
The site behind these locations was once planned for a large retail presence, but that fell through. Instead, later plans show the potential development of three flex space buildings similar to those past RC Theaters. This site was annexed into the Oak Crest PUD, and later given a site specific approval extension requested by the owner because development has not yet commenced.
#LocalDevelopment #StMarysCounty #InformedStMarys
Content © 2024 Brandon Russell.

stgislander

PREMO Member
From Facebook:

OAK CREST EXPANSION
Royal Farms, Chipotle Moving Forward
Have you noticed the land grading happening across from Wildewood, near Aldi? It’s preparation for development of the Oak Crest PUD, previously approved by the Planning Commission in 2019. A Royal Farms convenience store/gas station and car wash will go on the corner, with Chipotle in the middle, and an as yet unnamed restaurant rounding out the road frontage.
The State Highway Administration has approved a new right-in/right-out entrance off northbound 235, and two entrances from Oak Crest Road will also feed the new businesses. The Department of Land Use and Growth Management released permits for Royal Farms in January 2024.
The site behind these locations was once planned for a large retail presence, but that fell through. Instead, later plans show the potential development of three flex space buildings similar to those past RC Theaters. This site was annexed into the Oak Crest PUD, and later given a site specific approval extension requested by the owner because development has not yet commenced.
#LocalDevelopment #StMarysCounty #InformedStMarys
Content © 2024 Brandon Russell.

The Chipotle at Rt 235 and Chancellor's Run is not close enough?