New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

BernieP

Resident PIA
You don't make much sense Mr. P. Both of those previous tenants were successful enough in that spot that they needed to move into larger facilities to accommodate their growing businesses.
I've heard from a number of tennants that the landlord is terrible. Problems getting maintance done and rents go up and up.
Do you think Bollywood has more room up by the airport? It's also further away from lunch time business.

Restitution

Do you think Bollywood has more room up by the airport? It's also further away from lunch time business.

I don't know if they have more room but... I sure know they are doing GREAT business. Drive by there almost every day at different times and have NEVER seen the parking lot when it wasn't packed.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I've heard from a number of tennants that the landlord is terrible. Problems getting maintance done and rents go up and up.

They do have more room than at their old location.

ltown81

From what I can tell, the Taphouse bar part of Bollywood it is really busy. That serves mostly bar food. Not so sure about the Indian food part.

If Dollar King can pay for bigger space, San Souci cant be that bad. I thought it was owned by the Millisons that own Laurel Glen and the other shopping centers.

The funny thing to me about San Souci is they have 4 Asian restaurants in one side of it alone.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
They do have more room than at their old location.
They much more room and the eating area is in way better condition than the old place. I have never had a problem getting in for food when the parking lot is packed. Most business is for the Taphouse.

OldHillcrestGuy

Next to Advance Auto in Charlotte Hall, they cut the brush down and unloaded a bulldozer and set up a port-a-potty today. So something new is coming to downtown Charlotte Hall. lol

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You don't make much sense Mr. P. Both of those previous tenants were successful enough in that spot that they needed to move into larger facilities to accommodate their growing businesses.

But..the condition of the property is dismal..wretched even. It's worn out and decrepit. I personally know quite a few former tenants and the physical condition of that property was definitely a factor in their moving on.

BernieP

Resident PIA
But..the condition of the property is dismal..wretched even. It's worn out and decrepit. I personally know quite a few former tenants and the physical condition of that property was definitely a factor in their moving on.

People don't want to believe it. They should ask Rick why he moved. You would think a big parking lot, other tenants that attract walkin business and good access would be pluses over his new location, so why would he move?

First word begins with S and ends in H I T, the second word makes it HOLE

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is that where the Taco Bell is going?

Here's a pic of the porta potty that was next to a Taco Bell ...
ate something bad.jpg

OldHillcrestGuy

Is that where the Taco Bell is going?

No Taco Bell is going next to AutoZone and just about finished and looks to be ready to open within the next 2 weeks. The land they are clearing is next to Advance Auto across from Lighthouse Liquors,and 4 places north of WaWa.

tipsymcgee

What's the update on the Sotterly Road/235 shopping center? I know a site plan was approved by the Board of Appeals for a small shopping center, and supposedly a handshake deal is in place for Burchmart to be an outlying anchor over there. I think there was one other large standalone site there and a strip center of different sized buildings.

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
What's the update on the Sotterly Road/235 shopping center? I know a site plan was approved by the Board of Appeals for a small shopping center, and supposedly a handshake deal is in place for Burchmart to be an outlying anchor over there. I think there was one other large standalone site there and a strip center of different sized buildings.

I believe a court case is being filed against the board of appeals :shrug:

Restitution

They much more room and the eating area is in way better condition than the old place. I have never had a problem getting in for food when the parking lot is packed. Most business is for the Taphouse.

Most business going..... to the part that serves.... ALCOHOL? Here in SoMD??

The hell you say...??? :faint:

No Taco Bell is going next to AutoZone and just about finished and looks to be ready to open within the next 2 weeks. The land they are clearing is next to Advance Auto across from Lighthouse Liquors,and 4 places north of WaWa.

I talked to the county and they said it is Advance Auto's storm water management pond that must be completed by March 2017. I called the developer too, and she said they are laying groundwork for future construction and there are 2 pad sites there, one for a restaurant. So who knows.