New GoDaddy Ad

cricketmd

Yeah, you're right. Maybe what they do is they take the CEO in a commercial and have HIM bounce out of a truck, lost, alone, walking over railroad tracks with a train coming, alongside a busy highway, showing up and, instead of being greeted with joy, he is scolded, told 'bad boy!' and made to go sit in a corner with a sign that says 'bad dog'????

:lol: Yep! THAT kind of redeeming, exactly!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lol: Yep! THAT kind of redeeming, exactly!

Now, here is the problem. If they go that way, they HAVE to take the risk of showing the original commercial or no one is gonna get it. This is like the Lenny Bruce bit where he would go around a room and insult everyone based on race, religion, whatever, get everyone all pissed off and THEN pull it all back together with a heartwarming 'we're all pretty much the same' close. High risk maneuver off the top rope.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Everyone is talking about them. They got exactly what they wanted out of that ad.

SG_Player1974

go away, don't you have a lunch with Michael Vick to plan ?

Ahhh yes. The hive mind responds.

Ya' know... you can all do something about that damned menopause.

Kill a couple thousand in Africa.... oh well. Show a commercial about a puppy that is sold and it's an outrage.

Some of you really need to get out beyond your 100 mile electric fence and see what the rest of the world is like...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ahhh yes. The hive mind responds.

Ya' know... you can all do something about that damned menopause.

Kill a couple thousand in Africa.... oh well. Show a commercial about a puppy that is sold and it's an outrage.

Some of you really need to get out beyond your 100 mile electric fence and see what the rest of the world is like...

Don't you think you're taking this just a bit too seriously?

Christy

b*tch rocket
What's a "hive mind"? :shrug:

<------- See my avatar. That is the Borg Queen "you will be assimilated". :jet:

My observation is that the commercial is horrible and sgplayer is more of a cat person. I am a dog person, therefore, I care more about puppies than Africans. Actually, I care more about puppies than most Americans. :shrug:

cricketmd

:

:jet:
:lol: Thanks! I haven't seen you in awhile but I don't think you look like that now adays. :lol: You did make me google Borg Queen though! :yay: Now I know this is definitely not you! :lol:

Toxick

Splat
So I just watched the commercial.

Whoopty ####ing doo.

People are acting like they're showing puppies being butchered or something.

This GoDaddy puppy ad is to commercials what DeflateGate is to Football.

A whole lot of sphincter-clenching over nothing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

My observation is that the commercial is horrible and sgplayer is more of a cat person. I am a dog person, therefore, I care more about puppies than Africans. Actually, I care more about puppies than most Americans. :shrug:

I'm a cat person, and I felt terrible watching that puppy. :bawl:

cricketmd

I'm a cat person, and I felt terrible watching that puppy. :bawl:

I like both. :huggy: What bothered me most was the breeder was so uncaring about the puppy and "thank gosh you are back!! I almost lost money!!!" mentality. It portrayed breeders wrong as well. The puppy was nothing but a dollar to that person. It bothered me that they'd try to promote that mentality that we should all breath a sigh of relief she got her commodity for sale back in the nick of time. Just wrong, wrong, wrong. :frown: