New Vision Trash Service?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I can appreciate everyone's frustration w/NV, but what I don't understand is why you're not hauling if off until you find a replacement. You just leave it sitting on the side of the road?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I can appreciate everyone's frustration w/NV, but what I don't understand is why you're not hauling if off until you find a replacement. You just leave it sitting on the side of the road?

Some people probably don;t have trucks to put the trash in.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Some people probably don;t have trucks to put the trash in.

I drive a 2 seater and I can fit a bag of trash in my trunk. If they know the service is not reliable, they should make other arrangements, rather than letting it sit on the side of the road and rot.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I drive a 2 seater and I can fit a bag of trash in my trunk. If they know the service is not reliable, they should make other arrangements, rather than letting it sit on the side of the road and rot.

You must have a junky car then. I would never put a bag of trash in the trunk of my car.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You must have a junky car then. I would never put a bag of trash in the trunk of my car.

Nope, don't have a junky car at all. I rarely need to put anything offensive in the trunk, but double bagging works really well, as does laying an old shower curtain in the trunk in case there's a leak.

I bet my trunk looks newer than yours, and my cars 10 years old.

I'm fortunate to have a truck. I take my trash to the convenience center on the weekend. Been doing that for almost 15 years.

1/2 hour of my time is WAY better than the fee I was being charged for pickup.

At the time, it was $30/month. X 12 months = $360. X 15 years = $5400. I'm sure it's much more now.

Yeah, worth my 1/2 hour once every 2 weeks.

sevatter

We still have not had our trash picked up. It has been 2 weeks. My husband keeps calling and NV keeps saying they are coming. Sorry to our neighbors that have to look at our "filled" trash can every day.

Thursday June 17: Our trash was NOT picked up yesterday, Wednesday as NV said was the day for our area. Our friends in Lexington Park and Park Hall, also NV customers, did NOT get their trash picked up either! We ahve received NO notice about any further changes to our serviuce. Just NO SERVICE! Two weeks in a row. But maybne they will come later today? I am NOT holding my breath! I tried to call and the first time, got the recording and then "voicemail box is full". Just tried again and left a message but this time I said I was interested in their service and please call me back so I could get signed up. See if they call me!!!!! If they do they will get an ear full!>:)

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I'm fortunate to have a truck. I take my trash to the convenience center on the weekend. Been doing that for almost 15 years.

1/2 hour of my time is WAY better than the fee I was being charged for pickup.

At the time, it was $30/month. X 12 months = $360. X 15 years = $5400. I'm sure it's much more now.

Yeah, worth my 1/2 hour once every 2 weeks.

You forgot the fact that it isn't free to take the trash your self you forgot to factor in the cost of gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, and what your time is worth.

If you spend 2 hours per month on trash. 30 minutes per week x 4. Now if you make 60K per year you could work 1 hour of overtime per month to cover the cost of the trash and have 1 extra hour per month of free time.

trash pick up = free + a net gain of one hours free time.

You forgot the fact that it isn't free to take the trash your self you forgot to factor in the cost of gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, and what your time is worth.

If you spend 2 hours per month on trash. 30 minutes per week x 4. Now if you make 60K per year you could work 1 hour of overtime per month to cover the cost of the trash and have 1 extra hour per month of free time.

trash pick up = free + a net gain of one hours free time.

You don't read very well. 1/2 hour every 2 weeks. Negligible.

Distance to the convenience center: 3 miles round trip. And since it's on the way and combined with other things I do that I would have done anyway, again, negligible.

Cost to use the center: $0. It's a free service. Sure, it's buried in my taxes somewhere, but everyone pays it, so it's negated as an 'extra' cost.

I didn't forget anything. It costs me nothing extra as opposed to a service which can cost hundreds per year.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Nope, don't have a junky car at all. I rarely need to put anything offensive in the trunk, but double bagging works really well, as does laying an old shower curtain in the trunk in case there's a leak.

I bet my trunk looks newer than yours, and my cars 10 years old.

Doesn't it start to stink like dirty diapers in the trunk after you load trash in their?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Doesn't it start to stink like dirty diapers in the trunk after you load trash in their?

I wouldn't know about dirty diapers, but if you double bag it and make sure it doesn't leak, then take it to the transfer station right away, there's no odor.

You seem to be focusing on my car and odors, when the issue is that people are letting it rot on the side of the road, so their neighbors are subjected to the stench and the mess.

Would it kill these people to rent a truck for a one time dump run, then take a bag or two a day until they find a reliable service?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I agrea these stupid dopes should not leave their trash on the curb for weeks. That is absolutly discusting. If my neibors did this it would drive me crazy. I would probably go tip their trash can over in the middle of their yard one night to teach them a lesson.

sevatter

Besides the potential for smell, there is the cost of double bagging this stuff. You spray a deodorizer? That is not free so you have paid for that!

Bottom line here: NV is NOT a reputable company. The CEO is nothing but a moron. No one from the company returns phone calls but they do cash the check!

Calling Goode now. Had enough with NV!

N

Nikki

:evil: I am not a lawyer but one of my neighbors mentioned "Class action suit". Someone would have to find an attorney willing to take the case because, from what I understand they, the lawyers, get paid a percentage of the suit only if they win. Anyway if one does start up let me know. :spank:

Hey I will let you know what we plan on doing. Something needs to be done with this company, really they are just taking our payments and not preforming the service they were hired to do. Our "trash day" is tomarrow, Friday, so lets see if they come. From what we understand we can file in small claims court in Charles County. Let me just say if they chose not to come and pick our trash up tomarrow then we will go down Monday and see what can be done at the courthouse. All these complaints on here..its terrible, no excuse for this company. We almost feel like everyone including us were just so suckered in by the low price and New Vision knew that would make people go with their company. Really everybody is just honestly trying to save/cut corners where you can and New Vision has taken advantage of all of us. Almost 20 pages of complaints for the same company. Thats a lot of money that New Vision has got just from Southern Maryland.

sevatter

Hey I will let you know what we plan on doing. Something needs to be done with this company, really they are just taking our payments and not preforming the service they were hired to do. Our "trash day" is tomarrow, Friday, so lets see if they come. From what we understand we can file in small claims court in Charles County. Let me just say if they chose not to come and pick our trash up tomarrow then we will go down Monday and see what can be done at the courthouse. All these complaints on here..its terrible, no excuse for this company. We almost feel like everyone including us were just so suckered in by the low price and New Vision knew that would make people go with their company. Really everybody is just honestly trying to save/cut corners where you can and New Vision has taken advantage of all of us. Almost 20 pages of complaints for the same company. Thats a lot of money that New Vision has got just from Southern Maryland.

Yes, that is correct! We are in St. Mary's County. I wonder if there is any agency in Maryland that will help us fight this company. Any consumers group? Local TV station? Anything that will get the word out about what is going on here!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

No kidding. I have taken trash to the dump in my corolla plenty of times. My trunk is just fine:rolleyes: It doesn't smell..as it is only in the car for a few minutes, then dropped off. Personally I just don't want to pay for something I can easily do in a few minutes while I am already doing errands..esp not those prices. And I certainly would not leave putrifying trash for my neighbors to look at.

LadyCoyote

I considered signing up for trash service about 6 mos ago when we moved to our new home. I'm happy that we skipped the hassle, and I LOVE being able to drop off a bag (or 2 or 3) as well as recycling at the convenience centers.
It's quick, it's easy and it's FREE. No morons to deal with and NO looking at a full trash can that sits at the end of the driveway for days. It's great to have this option in our area.

sevatter

I considered signing up for trash service about 6 mos ago when we moved to our new home. I'm happy that we skipped the hassle, and I LOVE being able to drop off a bag (or 2 or 3) as well as recycling at the convenience centers.
It's quick, it's easy and it's FREE. No morons to deal with and NO looking at a full trash can that sits at the end of the driveway for days. It's great to have this option in our area.

Yes I agree it is a nice option IF you are close by one of the places to do this but if not and you have to drive then the gas/oil/time involved is not too much less than the cost of having it picked up.

With the trash can sitting by the street for days on end; the neighbors do have to see it but they also see the COMPANY NAME on it too and that in itself is NOT good advertising.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Yes I agree it is a nice option IF you are close by one of the places to do this but if not and you have to drive then the gas/oil/time involved is not too much less than the cost of having it picked up.

With the trash can sitting by the street for days on end; the neighbors do have to see it but they also see the COMPANY NAME on it too and that in itself is NOT good advertising.

I'm glad you're not my neighbor.

P

playerhater

Thursday June 17: Our trash was NOT picked up yesterday, Wednesday as NV said was the day for our area. Our friends in Lexington Park and Park Hall, also NV customers, did NOT get their trash picked up either! We ahve received NO notice about any further changes to our serviuce. Just NO SERVICE! Two weeks in a row. But maybne they will come later today? I am NOT holding my breath! I tried to call and the first time, got the recording and then "voicemail box is full". Just tried again and left a message but this time I said I was interested in their service and please call me back so I could get signed up. See if they call me!!!!! If they do they will get an ear full!>:)

They made the pick up off Chancelors road this week yesterday vice Wednesday, crazy that yours is not being picked up and we live basically in the same area.