New Vision Trash Service?

sevatter

I'm glad you're not my neighbor.

So am I! But regardless, the TRASH COMPANY is at FAULT here not any of the customers who PAID for TWICE WEEKLY PICK UP then WITHOUT NOTICE GOT SWITCHED TO ONCE A WEEK. NOW THE COMPANY DOES NOT PICK UP? WE PAID FOR THE SERVICE AND WE ARE NOT GETTING IT! PLUS WE CANNOT COMMUNICATE BY ANY MEANS WITH THESE PEOPLE; they do not answer the phone, or return calls, or respond to letters, plus the fax machine does not accept incoming faxes, line is always busy when dialed. Take our trash to them in Centreville VA? Thought about that, but then there is gas for that trip.

What would you do in this situation? Telling someone to take the trash to the dump is not an option; there are elderly/disabled who just cannot do that.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
So am I! But regardless, the TRASH COMPANY is at FAULT here not any of the customers who PAID for TWICE WEEKLY PICK UP then WITHOUT NOTICE GOT SWITCHED TO ONCE A WEEK. NOW THE COMPANY DOES NOT PICK UP? WE PAID FOR THE SERVICE AND WE ARE NOT GETTING IT! PLUS WE CANNOT COMMUNICATE BY ANY MEANS WITH THESE PEOPLE; they do not answer the phone, or return calls, or respond to letters, plus the fax machine does not accept incoming faxes, line is always busy when dialed. Take our trash to them in Centreville VA? Thought about that, but then there is gas for that trip.

What would you do in this situation? Telling someone to take the trash to the dump is not an option; there are elderly/disabled who just cannot do that.

Your trash is your responsibility. What part of that do you not understand?

What would I do? I'd locate the nearest transfer station and take my trash there, and I would continue to do that until I found a reliable company to pick up my trash...if I were you.

Since I'm not you, I take my trash to the transfer station myself. I've lived here since '94, and have never had trash service.

sevatter

Your trash is your responsibility. What part of that do you not understand?

What would I do? I'd locate the nearest transfer station and take my trash there, and I would continue to do that until I found a reliable company to pick up my trash...if I were you.

Since I'm not you, I take my trash to the transfer station myself. I've lived here since '94, and have never had trash service.

Well we DO have a SIGNED CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY WHO IS NOT DOING WHAT THEY SAID..... and I am changing companies today.

Yes while the trash may be my responsibility, I have contracted with NV to do the job and they are NOT!

I will not argue with you; you have your opinion and I have mine!

End of story.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Well we DO have a SIGNED CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY WHO IS NOT DOING WHAT THEY SAID..... and I am changing companies today.

Yes while the trash may be my responsibility, I have contracted with NV to do the job and they are NOT!

I will not argue with you; you have your opinion and I have mine!

End of story.

There's nothing to argue about :shrug: You know that your trash is your responsibility, yet you let it sit on the side of the road and rot because you have someone else to point a finger at and blame.

sevatter

There's nothing to argue about :shrug: You know that your trash is your responsibility, yet you let it sit on the side of the road and rot because you have someone else to point a finger at and blame.

I hope you have a good week end!

My3sons

They made the pick up off Chancelors road this week yesterday vice Wednesday, crazy that yours is not being picked up and we live basically in the same area.

You would think if a company that went around advertising low prices and trying to get new business, the company would be ready for the increase. i.e. new trucks, employees, etc. The question I have for NV is why did you advertised in Calvert & St. Mary’s county when your main office is in Virginia, if you can not give service to those counties. I would think and hope NV would send out a letter explaining their problems and telling us what they are going to do to resolve it. That would make them a better company. With the lack of communications and service, it doesn’t look good for them. If the problem keeps up, I think I might send them a small box of trash (dirty diapers and dog poop) and cancel my service with them. I am just frustrated with NV.

pbotz

Sorry if im digging up old info, but i could not read thrut he 21 pgs fo posts
ive been with nv sice maybe aug of last year, and i will say they are terrible. BBB rating is an f. It does not matter at this pt since everyone in this are is probally getting rid of them anyway, and they wont be welcome back. Heres my problem, im in golden beach,and was supposed to have p/u on thursday, which has not occured yet. We had another company knocking on doors, and took most of the nv customers over to this new service. I was supposed to have 2 weeks of p/u remainng and i have a good feeling they said, screw them, lets not do the 2 weeks remaining. Maybe they will show up one day and take the can. Anyone else have this situation, or know any info, i call over there with no responses. Im highly considering hiding the can in my yard or keeping it.

sevatter

Sorry if im digging up old info, but i could not read thrut he 21 pgs fo posts
ive been with nv sice maybe aug of last year, and i will say they are terrible. BBB rating is an f. It does not matter at this pt since everyone in this are is probally getting rid of them anyway, and they wont be welcome back. Heres my problem, im in golden beach,and was supposed to have p/u on thursday, which has not occured yet. We had another company knocking on doors, and took most of the nv customers over to this new service. I was supposed to have 2 weeks of p/u remainng and i have a good feeling they said, screw them, lets not do the 2 weeks remaining. Maybe they will show up one day and take the can. Anyone else have this situation, or know any info, i call over there with no responses. Im highly considering hiding the can in my yard or keeping it.

We have had similar problems with New Vision and have just switched to Goode that services our area. If you cannot get in touch with them to come and get their trash can, hide it in your yard, or paint over the name sticker, or remove it! We have paid for service thru August but we are not getting it, so they owe us since they did cash our check! They missed 2 pick ups in April plus the last 2 weeks they have not been by here.

Our yard is fenced in with a no tresspassing sign on the gate. The trash can will be hidden in our back yard. They had better not come in to get it, even if they could find it!!

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive have been reading through this thread since it started, thank goodness I dont have them picking up my trash, Im really close to a transfer station so Ive been going there for about the past 5 years or so after Waste Management started jacking up their prices and having to rent their big cans. When New Vision came through my neighborhood drumming up business, of the people who have someone pickup their trash everyone switched to NV except 2 people. Ive watched this week as the trash cans for NV have sat at the end of the driveways waiting for pickup. They have been sitting for about 6-7 days now. If I had them for my trash service and they have done what they have to all you people, changing terms of the contract, no pickups I'd have no problem at all with keeping their trash can after I called and cancel, those big cans are great around the house.

sevatter

Ive have been reading through this thread since it started, thank goodness I dont have them picking up my trash, Im really close to a transfer station so Ive been going there for about the past 5 years or so after Waste Management started jacking up their prices and having to rent their big cans. When New Vision came through my neighborhood drumming up business, of the people who have someone pickup their trash everyone switched to NV except 2 people. Ive watched this week as the trash cans for NV have sat at the end of the driveways waiting for pickup. They have been sitting for about 6-7 days now. If I had them for my trash service and they have done what they have to all you people, changing terms of the contract, no pickups I'd have no problem at all with keeping their trash can after I called and cancel, those big cans are great around the house.

Thank you for your vote of confidence! I plan on keeping that big trash can. It is indeed useful around the yard. Problem is we cannot call them as no one ever answers the phones! Geeeeee, I wonder why??? emails are not replied to, letters are not responded to, faxes are ignored as well. How are we to communicate with them that we have cancelled the service? Just not pay the next bill they send but return it with a note written on it that we cancelled but had no way to let them know? That is what I am planning on doing!

PS. It has been 2 weeks since they picked up our trash this month. In April they missed 2 days of pick-ups, both Mondays, before they notified us they were going to once a week.

PPS Now I wish we had NOT paid the bill in May for the months of June-July-August! Oh well, $33 (I paid half of the bill amount since we are getting half of the service) lost but the trash can is worth something at least! :evil:

Noc1ue4me

Bills

Ok -- they cancelled me in November 2009 -- however, they have billed me for the Jan through March and now the March through June service -- who will watch my credit reports to make sure that I'm not reported for non-payment? be careful, your credit is ready to be screwed up!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ok -- they cancelled me in November 2009 -- however, they have billed me for the Jan through March and now the March through June service -- who will watch my credit reports to make sure that I'm not reported for non-payment? be careful, your credit is ready to be screwed up!

I'd call the credit reporting agencies and express my concern and ask them for advice.

pbotz

I had my can sitting out at the curb since wed nite. I figured its time to hit the dump. Anyways, hot weather and old gargage, get the point it was moving. No way of knowing when these winners are gonna show up. My guess is one day there gonna drive by and snipe any of their cans they see otherwise they probally wont waste gas to return again. That being said. ,my can is currently hidden in my yard till i here more or see some results other people on the forum here are having. If you add the missed service days it will add up to at least a free month or at least refund of one month. Hopefully the 22 pages of responses here on the forum will drum up enough hype for someone able to take action against new vision. Either put them to the curb or get refunds and or confirmation letters of service cancellations to those who have chosen this. Im sure they will try to keep billing who ever they can. My best guess, hopefully im wrong for those who are maintaining nv, is that there done with st marys county. A up and comming service hit all the nv customers recently in my area(golden beach) and probally took 80-90% of the current nv customers. They probally lost a lot of cash there and may not feel its worth it to continue here for a few houses here and there.

Also it may have been the new jacks, sales pitch but he said there was a lapse in nv service several months ago, when the company did not pay the workers and they were on strike. None the less, ive never been called or made aware of any nv changes or problems, nore have i had any success calling over there.
Bet the other garbage companies are loving this.

Last edited:

CraneTaker77

Don't know if someone already posted this, but I just heard yesterday at the transfer station in Charlotte Hall that New Vision has gone out of business. Just thought I'd put that out there.

P

playerhater

Don't know if someone already posted this, but I just heard yesterday at the transfer station in Charlotte Hall that New Vision has gone out of business. Just thought I'd put that out there.

I heard that rumor a month ago and my trash has been picked up every week so far.

LadyCoyote

About 6 - 7 mos ago, I called NV to get some info. I left a message and the machine said they would call back in the order received. No phone call back. In the meantime, I've been taking trash to the dump and will continue to just take it in ourselves. It's really not inconvenient for me to do this, and I am saving $$. Guess their voicemail is really backed up!

sevatter

I'd call the credit reporting agencies and express my concern and ask them for advice.

Good point and a concern! We paid by check but that would not maen they could not try to use the original credit card info from when signed up last year. We will watch out for that!

Thank you!

N

navywife1984

I guess I will be calling Waste Management and have them start picking up my trash again. Unfortunately the "convenience" centers are not convenient to where we live nor the hours with my husband's early morning, late evening commuting to DC hours. I intend to write on the bill for them to cancel my service (I am paid through June) and keep a copy of it for my records. They will not be getting another cent from me. I have called them and left messages like everyone else. Thankfully, they do not have any credit card information from me, so I should be good there.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'd recommend that everyone who has an account with NV print this thread and file it for future reference.