No, Christianity Should Not ‘Welcome’ or ‘Include’ Your Sinf

C

Chuckt

the difference lies in, intent ....

are you still shacked up with your gf refusing to quit living in sin - :slam: you are out a here
are you living alone, and occasionally falling to resist the temptations of the flesh, or the bottle, or stealing, or lying or swearing, or ] - come on brother lets pray for strength and forgiveness

Luke 7:39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

Matthew 9:11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

Matthew 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/21-31.htm

For John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not believe him; but the tax collectors and prostitutes did believe him; and you, seeing this, did not even feel remorse afterward so as to believe him.

The Bible says that the tax collectors and the prostitutes did believe Jesus whereas the other man did not.

You are preaching that Jesus can't forgive and that we shouldn't forgive but why should God forgive us if we don't forgive others?

Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It is usually the other way around.

My neighbor was the town gossip and occasionally made up lies about the neighbors. She was retired and because her husband was retired and had all the time to manicure her lawn, she spent her day thinking she was greater than all the other neighbors when she didn't manicure her lawn but she made sure to gossip about all the neighbors who worked and didn't have as much time to spend on their lawns.

And she thought because her husband did the lawn that she was a good person.

Seriously? That is your perception of how you want to think things are. You really are a pompous arse on this forum. If I was trying to find religion, you would have turned me off a long time ago. What is your problem, really? Please do share with us. Thanks!

One more thing. Do you find yourself different/better than your gossipy neighbor? Just wondering.

Last edited:
C

Chuckt

Seriously? That is your perception of how you want to think things are. You really are a pompous arse on this forum. If I was trying to find religion, you would have turned me off a long time ago. What is your problem, really? Please do share with us. Thanks!

We have this guy at work who hates the UPS driver because he is a Christian so he would make sure he didn't get any Christmas bonuses that my boss gave out because he hates Christians.

The UPS driver didn't do anything to him but I can give you a laundry list of the things he does to other people.

If you look at your own behavior, you called me a name and I didn't call you a name so that is how I think things are.

littlelady

God bless the USA
We have this guy at work who hates the UPS driver because he is a Christian so he would make sure he didn't get any Christmas bonuses that my boss gave out because he hates Christians.

The UPS driver didn't do anything to him but I can give you a laundry list of the things he does to other people.

If you look at your own behavior, you called me a name and I didn't call you a name so that is how I think things are.

Sorry. You are right. However, you do come across as a pompous arse; like my way or the highway. Just an observation. Discussion is a good thing.

C

Chuckt

Sorry. You are right. However, you do come across as a pompous arse; like my way or the highway. Just an observation. Discussion is a good thing.

Sorry but when I started witnessing on message boards, people wanted to interfere with the message so much that I couldn't have a conversation and it is no different today.

Today I'm not a consumer asking your opinion as someone that doesn't know. I'm a salesman that knows the truth and because I know the truth, I am only selling. I'm not here to buy what you have.

A lot of users think I'm stupid because I'm willing to talk to them so hundreds of people I've talked to have tried to con me on what the truth is or what the interpretation is so I look it up.

I haven't done anything special except fight for basic Bible doctrine.

Conversation is where you and others want to interrupt because you don't really want to hear what God says.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Everybody's time is gonna come, kicking or screaming, you/me/we/them/all, will face their maker and answer for everything we did, fer' or again' God. Scouts honor.

I am completely comfortable answering for "everything I did". I suspect you might be in for some surprises, though.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Sorry but when I started witnessing on message boards, people wanted to interfere with the message so much that I couldn't have a conversation and it is no different today.

Today I'm not a consumer asking your opinion as someone that doesn't know. I'm a salesman that knows the truth and because I know the truth, I am only selling. I'm not here to buy what you have.

A lot of users think I'm stupid because I'm willing to talk to them so hundreds of people I've talked to have tried to con me on what the truth is or what the interpretation is so I look it up.

Conversation is where you and others want to interrupt because you don't really want to hear what God says.

So, to me what you are saying is your conversations are one way only; your way. I don't like solicitors/salesman that come calling when I didn't request it. You are saying you have no room to learn, and that you know it all. I have stated many times that I am not a scholar on the Bible. However, I believe I know enough to know what I believe. You seem to be one of those that wants to shove belief down one's throat. It doesn't work that way. Actually, the opposite. I deduct that you think conversation is a waste of time; as you say, it interrupts you. Well, if that is how you feel, then it is not necessary for you and I to have any more conversation. Do you have actual conversations with God? And, I am not talking about prayer. Good luck with your conversion techniques. I am done conversing with you. Carry on.

Amused_despair

Sometimes you hear a salesman talking and realize they have no idea what they are talking about, customers find other resources and see how wrong the sales man was. many times they realize in time to prevent them from making a bad sales decision, other times it is buyer's remorse as they find out after the sale. Enjoy your one-sided discussions, Chuckt.

seekeroftruth

I don't care, personally, if a drunk, a thief, a homosexual, a murderer, or any other sinner is sitting beside me.... as long as the Gospel is preached and the sinner is listening.

Fact is.... we all are sinners.....

Jesus spent His whole life with sinners.

When the church starts saying that there is any other way to Salvation than through Jesus Christ.... then I have a problem with the church.

I went to a meeting at a local church in Calvert County once. The head of the church said that it was wrong to preach that Jesus Christ is the only way to Salvation. I told that woman that she was wrong. That Jesus is the only way.

She said the church has to be inclusive and invite everyone and saying that Jesus is the only Way stopped people from coming to church.

:coffee:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't care, personally, if a drunk, a thief, a homosexual, a murderer, or any other sinner is sitting beside me.... as long as the Gospel is preached and the sinner is listening.

Jesus spent His whole life with sinners

When the church starts saying that there is any other way to Salvation than through Jesus Christ.... then I have a problem with the church.

I went to a meeting at a local church in Calvert County once. The head of the church said that it was wrong to preach that Jesus Christ is the only way to Salvation. I told that woman that she was wrong. That Jesus is the only way.

She said the church has to be inclusive and invite everyone and saying that Jesus is the only Way stopped people from coming to church.

Gee, that's sorta the topic of this thread in the first place. If people don't want to buy that Jesus and His teachings (which include the OT rules on morality) are the only way, then they should not be offended when they are invited to leave.

Amused_despair

Jesus spent His whole life with sinners.

Churches are businesses, if they don't have anyone to sell their product to, they can't pay their bills.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know why a gay person would want to join some sanctimonious exclusionary church in the first place. It's not like there aren't a zillion different churches to be a part of that will accept them.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't know why a gay person would want to join some sanctimonious exclusionary church in the first place. It's not like there aren't a zillion different churches to be a part of that will accept them.

So, believing in the teachings of Jesus concerning sin, and that includes OT sin as well, is sanctimonious and exclusionary? Staying away, turning away, running away, from sin in a house of Christian worship, is wrong? Believing that is the same as believing there is no sin, really, at all.

Question: What do you believe in, if anything?

But I do agree with your second sentence. Why would they, except to stir things up, kicking and screaming, cause trouble and condemn something the homosexual communi-tuh! doesn't believe in, anyway? If they believed in Jesus, they would see the error of their ways and repent of those ways. But the homosexuals don't, and won't, because they believe in what they want for themselves, not what God wants.

C

Chuckt

So, to me what you are saying is your conversations are one way only; your way. I don't like solicitors/salesman that come calling when I didn't request it. You are saying you have no room to learn, and that you know it all. I have stated many times that I am not a scholar on the Bible. However, I believe I know enough to know what I believe. You seem to be one of those that wants to shove belief down one's throat. It doesn't work that way. Actually, the opposite. I deduct that you think conversation is a waste of time; as you say, it interrupts you. Well, if that is how you feel, then it is not necessary for you and I to have any more conversation. Do you have actual conversations with God? And, I am not talking about prayer. Good luck with your conversion techniques. I am done conversing with you. Carry on.

Can a dead person respond to the gospel? No in the sense that you are dead and the fact that God didn't answer means that (1) you can't rebirth yourself and (2) God didn't perform a miracle.

Ephesians 2:1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The unsaved person is carnal and has enmity (hatred) towards God.

Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

The unsaved person doesn't seek after God.

So the Bible says you aren't seeking and you have hatred towards the real God and because you hate God, you hate his servants because you called me a name:

John 15:18 ¶ If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

So until you genuinely come to a saving knowledge of the truth, my taking the time to talk to you means that I don't spend time working on the gospel for someone else to come and that means that I waste time with you instead of having someone else come into the Kingdom of God for salvation.

I could talk to you but what would it yield? You would think you are right in your own eyes:

Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

And if I answer you but can't prove something, you will think you are right in your own eyes and continue to go down the wrong path that everyone else seems to be going down.

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

And the number of times to come into conflict with people hardens people's hearts:

Proverbs 29:1 ¶ He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

And I'm not your friend yet because you are a non-Christian in my eyes:

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

My grandmother was in the Church of England and there were a line of pastors who wanted to reform the church and they didn't so my grandmother didn't give me religion but only prayed for me because that is what wisdom and God told her to do. I was in your shoes where I didn't want to listen so I lost out on a lot of early teaching that is older than me and I'm trying to remember what I have heard.

This wisdom is from God and it is older than you and I am following it. You would only hold me back in what I want to do which is write Bible studies, preach the gospel, do evangelism, etc, etc, etc. There are no heavenly rewards in wasting my time but I could easily charge you for what I do because this gospel is not cheap and my time isn't cheap either.