North Korea will be met with "Fire and fury, like the world has never seen"

Wishbone

Which explains the crap that comes out of their mouths and fingers.

And it's predictable every time... Think back to Bush 43.

When he wasn't being called a moron he was a diabolical Dr. Evil bent on world domination, mastermind of the 9/11 Hoax and the Evil Scientist that controlled the weather and wiped out NO.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:killingme

no, it was called by the Fat Guy in Korea. He is the one making threats against the US and he is continuing to thumb his nose at trump despite his stupid bluff.

BTW, I am sure that the NORKs are pretty familiar with our system and know that trump's powers to start a war are limited. They didn't need McCain to tell them.

Do tell.. how limited are the Presidents Powers again??

If the President feels were are in imminent danger of an attack, what are his choices??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

When he wasn't being called a moron he was a diabolical Dr. Evil bent on world domination, mastermind of the 9/11 Hoax and the Evil Scientist that controlled the weather and wiped out NO.

Genius mastermind/ Chimpy moron

They're so predictable. Even now they can't decide whether Trump is a blithering idiot or an evil genius. The contradict themselves constantly, but because they're mindless bots they don't really think about what they're spewing. They just get the order to spew, so they do.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The NORKs have made that statement since trump made his fire and fury statement too. So what is trump going to do? they crossed his line in the said and are awaiting the hellfire

Ahh...right you are. I saw the stories come out in reverse order to the actual sequence of them. That explains all the "push back" and angst I've seen expressed all over the place. Not sure why he felt the need to unleash that kind of rhetoric....definitely does not seem helpful.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not sure why he felt the need to unleash that kind of rhetoric....definitely does not seem helpful.

If it were me, I wouldn't talk about it - I'd just do it. Adults should only need to be told once before they get their ass kicked; Un has been told a bazillion times by now.

We'll see here shortly if this threat is empty or not.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
:killingme

no, it was called by the Fat Guy in Korea. He is the one making threats against the US and he is continuing to thumb his nose at trump despite his stupid bluff.

BTW, I am sure that the NORKs are pretty familiar with our system and know that trump's powers to start a war are limited. They didn't need McCain to tell them.

Absolutely as it should be. To "start a war" the President would need either a declaration of war or specific statutory authority from Congress, otherwise he can only respond to an act of war.

PJay

The reason for the tough talk now is because in the past when NK threatened the US they just had the Will to do it, not the capability. Now we see they do have the capability to make good on those threats.

Keep talking tough Trump.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
otherwise he can only respond to an act of war.

And then the kiddies can all fret and niggle over whether or not sending a missile to blow up Guam is really an act of war. I remember all too well the faction that insisted that 9/11 wasn't really an "act of war".

I doubt it will come to that, but if it does I am fully confident that the Left will take up the mantra that Trump instigated it.

PJay

Problem is, tough talk would probably work on it's own if we didn't have the likes of McCain coming out before the ink dries denigrating OUR President in front of the world.. WTF is he thinking??

President talks tough, makes a stand, the rest of our government should stand shoulder to shoulder with him and take the disagreements to the OVAL OFFICE.. THATS what a GOOD LEADER would do you sniveling little bastard.

No the NORKS can and should be emboldened, because McCain just said.. He doesn't REALLY mean it.. He can't and won't REALLY do anything..

you are correct. McCain's hatred is deep and guess he's going to continue being this way till his light goes out. Sad.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
And then the kiddies can all fret and niggle over whether or not sending a missile to blow up Guam is really an act of war. I remember all too well the faction that insisted that 9/11 wasn't really an "act of war".

I doubt it will come to that, but if it does I am fully confident that the Left will take up the mantra that Trump instigated it.

Let them fret, Guam is a possession and the War Powers Resolution states an attack on a US possession and the President has authority. For 9/11 specific statutory authority was granted on 9/14/2001, it was a while before action was taken. The only immediate action was shutting down the airspace. I suspect that if NK lobs a missile at Guam it will be on toot sweet.

Clem72

No no no. That was Darth Chaney. Keep it straight.