Obama Supreme Dictator

TheLibertonian

Well, if IRS agents are armed, and I am only guessing they are armed at work, that's more people who could have stopped a Ft. Hood or a Navy Yard-esque attack, yes?

No man remember, the military isn't part of the government, it's the military. Come on get on script my man.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No man remember, the military isn't part of the government, it's the military. Come on get on script my man.

I'm not insensitive to the argument. I can see and argue a 'difference' but that's not my interest here. More so some sort of intellectual consistency with which to build off of. For instance, like TSA, forcing us to take our shows off, DHS, Pat Act, if a GOP potus said "We gotta arm the IRS" GOP'ers would cheer. If a D potus does it, it's an awful idea. The problem is what ANY president does, does not leave with them. So, if the IRS is training folks and there are a few more qualified people with sidearms walking around AND allowed to engage or support the cops if something happens, seems like a good idea to me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Last I checked, Ft. Hood and the Navy Yard are military installations. The IRS is not military, nor are they law enforcement. Arming the government is not what 2A speaks to. So, while our government aims to strip guns away from CITIZENS (one gun at a time), they are arming themselves at every level of the government. Those arms are not put in place to quell a terrorist attack; they are put in place to put fear into the American people that it's the government that is in control of us, and not the other way around.

Last I checked, most members of the military and the gummint are...us.

This_person

Last I checked, most members of the military and the gummint are...us.

NO, they're not. They're the government.

You can agree that the military is separate from "government" - to a certain degree. It makes sense for military to be armed like it makes sense for the police to be armed - they're all government, but it's their job.

The idea is simply that if one is in government service, one may have a weapon to conduct that government service (only); but, if one is not in government service, one may not (by the way many gun laws are trying to go). Since the militia discussed in the 2A is non-government service people to protect the nation, and the prohibition provided in the 2A is against government intrusion into the citizens' rights, and the point was to allow for an overthrow of the government should one become necessary, it is immensely important to differentiate between citizens who are in government service and those who are not.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
NO, they're not. They're the government.

You can agree that the military is separate from "government" - to a certain degree. It makes sense for military to be armed like it makes sense for the police to be armed - they're all government, but it's their job. .

I've met many of them. Yes, they are us. Friends, family, neighbors. I don't fear this enormous 'THEY' thing where the IRS is being armed to round people up and put us all in cages. Individuals, sure but even that requires an awful many good people to stand by or become active participants.

This_person

I've met many of them. Yes, they are us. Friends, family, neighbors. I don't fear this enormous 'THEY' thing where the IRS is being armed to round people up and put us all in cages. Individuals, sure but even that requires an awful many good people to stand by or become active participants.

Certainly, citizens are citizens. As a vet, I can tell you that I am a citizen, and was when I was in the service.

The idea is not to fear the specific "IRS is being armed to round people up" conspiracy thought. The idea is to understand that government should have limited arms, and citizens should not. The question should never be, "why not" to arming government, it should always be "why". And, the answer should be reviewed with extreme skepticism.

Think FDR's internment camps. Think Buck v. Bell - if they can do that, what stops them from killing "undesirables"? I mean, 33 states had eugenics programs, and some didn't end until Reagan was president.

FB_IMG_1464299623654.jpg

This_person

:lol: Right.

Well, OK, so, why wouldn't we want IRS agents to be packing?

Wrong question. Why would we want/need to pay for IRS agents to be packing? What purpose does them keeping and bearing arms that you pay for do for you as a taxpayer? Go in with the assumption that they are not packing for their personal protection, because it does not seem to be a personal choice when you, the taxpayer, fund it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wrong question. Why would we want/need to pay for IRS agents to be packing? What purpose does them keeping and bearing arms that you pay for do for you as a taxpayer? Go in with the assumption that they are not packing for their personal protection, because it does not seem to be a personal choice when you, the taxpayer, fund it.

I, for one, and happy to have MORE guns than less. I have ZERO problem with our employees, trained and kept trained up, conceal carrying. I like cops taking cars home and using them. I like armed people. :shrug:

This_person

I, for one, and happy to have MORE guns than less. I have ZERO problem with our employees, trained and kept trained up, conceal carrying. I like cops taking cars home and using them. I like armed people. :shrug:

Why do you want more armed government? Would you pay for the DMV being armed, while there's a sign on the door disallowing you to enter with a weapon?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why do you want more armed government? Would you pay for the DMV being armed, while there's a sign on the door disallowing you to enter with a weapon?

You're operating in a zero sum game. To say I agree that more armed civil servants is a good thing is not to say I agree less armed civilians is a good thing.

This_person

You're operating in a zero sum game. To say I agree that more armed civil servants is a good thing is not to say I agree less armed civilians is a good thing.

I don't think it's an either/or, I just think less armed government is better. As I say, what is the purpose of them being armed? Their not arming themselves - I'm all for that. The government is arming them. That's a very different thing.

PsyOps

Pixelated

But that's not why they are arming agencies like the IRS. They are being armed as enforcement/police-like forces. They don't have these guns to protect themselves; they have them to use against US.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But that's not why they are arming agencies like the IRS. They are being armed as enforcement/police-like forces. They don't have these guns to protect themselves; they have them to use against US.

So, we come full circle. They are us.

TheLibertonian

So, we come full circle. They are us.

Larry. Get on script.

As soon as you work for the goernment (except the military and the literally millions of DoD contractors) your brain is instantly taken over by the Oppressor Virus, where you become a full supporter of violent oppression.