Obama's birth certificate a forgery

SamSpade

What does a lack of proof mean? Any counter proof would be just as easily dismissed as faked by those defending this birth certificate.

Logically a lack of proof can never prove anything - you can't prove anything from the non-existence of something. The burden of proof always lies with those attempting to establish something.

Of course, a non event that should occur does merit something, as in Sherlock Holmes' dog that didn't bark - there is usually a reason why a document someone should have does not appear to exist.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Hypothetically, if it were proved to be fake, then what? Is there any evidence that you would accept to prove Obama is ineligible? (Note: I'm not saying he is ineligible, just asking a hypothetical.)

What does a lack of proof mean? Any counter proof would be just as easily dismissed as faked by those defending this birth certificate.

If he is ineligible, then he can't run in Nov.

E

EmptyTimCup

hey could we get Obamacare stuck down as invalid, since the man that signed it was illegible to hold office

we can just take a mulligan on the last 4 yrs

bcp

In My Opinion
Wirelessly posted

Maybe to someone with a passing knowledge, but not to experts

Expert: No Doubt Obama's Birth Certificate Is Legit | Fox News

but you need to read his follow up to that foxnews article. You know, the ones that never get published?

Proficiografik - Rectifications regarding my opinions of the Obama

My first idea was to post this on FoxNews.com, but I have not heard from them despite my repeated requests. So I’m posting here.

I want to clarify a few things written in that blog post after my brief conversation with Ms. Winter. The blog post on FoxNews has generated so many comments good and bad. I also feel that Ms. Winter has attributed a conclusion to me in the title that I did not mention during my interview. Some of my statements, mainly regarding the use of OCR software were also not 100% accurate. I only spent a short time looking at the PDF the day before. I feel obligated to make some clarifications.

First, I never thought that what I saw in the Birth Certificate PDF was a proof of its authenticity. For me, what I have seen does not prove that it is legit, nor that it is a fake, nor that there has been any tampering whatsoever. The title of the blog does not represent my conclusion. It would be unprofessional and simplistic within my area of competence to come to a conclusion one way or the other.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Gilligan said:
Wirelessly posted

You want to show me where it was admitted to be a forgery?

God grief man..I googled it and ..wow!!:dingding: The story and details are everywhere, from news broadcasts to blogs and everything in between. You live under a rock?

Pretty 'clever' argument by Obama's attorney, don't you think? No? :eyebrow:

If its all over the place you should be able to provide the quote of exactly what she said. I still haven't seen it.

SamSpade

Wirelessly posted

What does that part right there mean? :whistle:

THAT statement also does not prove anything either.

If you manufacture a fake out of thin air, it is not tampered with - it's only tampering if you doctor an existing document.

From what's been seen, it appears to be a constructed document, not a legitimate one that has been edited.

bcp

In My Opinion
Wirelessly posted

What does that part right there mean? :whistle:

Let me try to help your liberal trained ass out.
You as a liberal ask what "nor has there been any tampering whatsoever" means, and present as if it were factual that the man said there was no tampering, thus the certificate must be real.
however, if you don't just cut the part you like, but instead include the whole thought you see this.

what I have seen does not prove that it is legit, nor that it is a fake, nor that there has been any tampering whatsoever

What this tells someone with the ability to comprehend the English language (even if it is coming from a Canadian) is that the finds no solid proof that it is fake, and he finds no solid proof that it is real.
Basically, what this does is blows away the assumption in your original article that the document was real.
His follow up leaves us in the same place we were before. It is inconclusive, and to me IMHO, I find it rather odd that something as simple as a birth certificate can be found inconclusive to even the experts as to its authenticity.

Sorry if I put your power move in check. ( I don't say checkmate because the findings are still not proven by either side. I suspect to see the truth come out shortly after he leaves office,,Maybe.)

philibusters

I am trying to find out more about this story, but I cannot find much on it. Sometimes partisan websites do break stories, but partisan websites on both the left and right are a little bit like non-governmental organizations like HAMAS. They are harder to control. If you bomb a city its not HAMAS who has to provide money to rebuild the city, if you put economic sanctions on a country that HAMAS is in, HAMAS is not directly effected by those sanctions (perhaps indirectly, but not directly). Likewise partisan websites are not really hurt if they put out a story that turns out to be wrong. Conservatives scored big points when CBS forged the Bush military records for example and to a lesser extent with NBC's lastest tape edit. Those are established media sources who have to protect their prestige if they want to stay a factor in the news. Partisan websites have a smaller loyal following who probably won't really be upset if a story turns out to be wrong as long as some of their stories are true and they continue to attack the other side. Thus it would be nice if an established media source ran with this story, it can be right wing source like the Drudge Report, Fox News, or the Wall Street, but just some source that isn't going to run with a story until they at least have some verification because they want to keep their credibility. A site like Drudge Report seems to have credibility with mainstream conservatives, just not more extreme right wingers, so they would stand to lose if they ran with a story and it was wrong. Without that, it could be Obama's lawyer was just dismissive of the claim and the sites are reporting that she admitted it was a forgery.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Are you really insulting someone's post count?

Um no. Commenting on the prolific posting the poster has done.

It is noted that you are commenting about my commenting on the posts the poster has made. :yay:

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Hey creekman :howdy: I wear my tin-foil hat proudly and believe Obama has been nothing but a farce all along. Thank-you-very-much!!!

E

EmptyTimCup

Thus it would be nice if an established media source ran with this story, it can be right wing source like the Drudge Report, Fox News, or the Wall Street, but just some source that isn't going to run with a story until they at least have some verification because they want to keep their credibility. A site like Drudge Report seems to have credibility with mainstream conservatives, just not more extreme right wingers, so they would stand to lose if they ran with a story and it was wrong.

I missed the part where Drudge was a news company .... AFAIK Drudge posts links to other peoples stories ....... and it not uncommon to read a story link to Huff PO

SamSpade

I am trying to find out more about this story, but I cannot find much on it.

Well I've had about the same luck - as far as the story that one of his lawyers claims that it IS a fake but that that fact is insufficient to get him knocked off the ballot.

In fact, I can't find any corroboration of the story anywhere on the web that isn't the very same story copied more or less word for word. Or even someone in the White House throwing her under the bus. Nothing.

So I am doubtful of the story. I'm skeptical of salacious news that OUGHT to be a big deal but is only available on blogs and partisan web sites. You have to admit, if this were true SOME large outlet would have run with it.

creekman

Oh I see. A half dozen of you numbnutz own this thread and forum. Whiners and no-nothings pontificating on all the worlds problems and assigning blame. Too funny!:roflmao: