Old Sunset Cove in Ridge

TPD

the poor dad
Daughter and I had the opportunity 2 weeks ago to view the renovations taking place in the old Sunset Cove restaurant at Pt Lookout Marina in Ridge. Wow! The new owner of the marina and restaurant is making a lot of positive changes to the property. Once complete, the restaurant/bar is going to be great (along with the marina). He's been searching hi and low for those unique nautical and locally themed items to decorate the place with. We were invited to come down to the restaurant last night for a private New Years Eve party and were surprised at the progress made in 2 weeks.

Though not local, the new owner is fitting in well and understands how to work with the locals in order to be "accepted". That is hard for an out-of-towner to do in Ridge. We are looking forward to supporting him when he opens - projected to be in March of this new year. I will keep you updated as he gets closer to an opening date.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Daughter and I had the opportunity 2 weeks ago to view the renovations taking place in the old Sunset Cove restaurant at Pt Lookout Marina in Ridge. Wow! The new owner of the marina and restaurant is making a lot of positive changes to the property. Once complete, the restaurant/bar is going to be great (along with the marina). He's been searching hi and low for those unique nautical and locally themed items to decorate the place with. We were invited to come down to the restaurant last night for a private New Years Eve party and were surprised at the progress made in 2 weeks.

Though not local, the new owner is fitting in well and understands how to work with the locals in order to be "accepted". That is hard for an out-of-towner to do in Ridge. We are looking forward to supporting him when he opens - projected to be in March of this new year. I will keep you updated as he gets closer to an opening date.
Sounds good. Last time I was there, the food was good, but the "atmosphere" was lacking, kind of run down. The best thing was the sunset. That place could be great.

20200221_174535.jpg

black dog

Free America
I am of the understanding that there is a plethora of yard yachts and vintage marine equipment available for sale on St Georges Island.
Ask for the, Queen of the Boatyard.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good news. That place is such an easy run for us from our dock....barely a 15 minute run just cruising easy. It's actually a shorter trip than going to Capt. Pat's, which is closer as the crow flies.....but I ain't a crow..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So, if one were to assign a diamond/rough percentage, where would we be, overall?
That's a question with answers that are far too subjective. For example....another boat appears in the yard:

Me: This is going to be so cool when I get it restored.
Wife: Does this mean some of the other junk might be going away?
Me: You sound a lot like my next ex wife

phreddyp

$1,000 bet. Gilligan holds the money....
I accept that bet, you get Mr. Gilligan to agree to hold the money, I will meet you there to agree to terms and conditions and shake on the bet. I don't bet much but the odds are too good to pass up BD!