Old Sunset Cove in Ridge

TPD

the poor dad
Not so confident are you? You really expected me to agree to the manager merry go round? Lol
What difference does it make if there are 6 different managers in 2 years but the place remains open and viable? This is a tough environment to expect a manager to stick around for 2 years or more.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Having a manager leave is just as much a good thing. A good owner would ditch an under-performing manager and replace him with someone who will make a good name and money for the owner.

And no one was talking about a marina. No one. It was all about the restaurant. Throwing in the marina with stupid manager restrictions at the last second was a ditch effort because it was a losing bet to start with.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
Having a manager leave is just as much a good thing. A good owner would ditch an under-performing manager and replace him with someone who will make a good name and money for the owner.

And no one was talking about a marina. No one. It was all about the restaurant. Throwing in the marina with stupid manager restrictions at the last second was a ditch effort because it was a losing bet to start with.
Sometimes you just need a new manager before the current one causes you to go under.

Yeah I was wondering why the marina was brought into it when We were all talking about the restaurant only.

phreddyp

What difference does it make if there are 6 different managers in 2 years but the place remains open and viable? This is a tough environment to expect a manager to stick around for 2 years or more.
The TOUGH ENVIRONMENT is trying to open and maintain a restaurant in ridge there is only so many customers in that area 450 is doing well how profitable will they be when 1/2 of their customer base is at sunset cove! Location, location, location is the 1st rule in the restaurant business, ridge is a tough nut to crack. That is why I posted the 2 year bet. It aint rocket science.

phreddyp

Sometimes you just need a new manager before the current one causes you to go under.

Yeah I was wondering why the marina was brought into it when We were all talking about the restaurant only.
The owner of the marina is bankrolling the restaurant, can you understand that?
It is all tied together.
My bet is the restaurant will not make it as it is opened, only a fool would make a bet allowing everything to change during the betting time line.

:lmao: One or the other? Not possible to go to BOTH?
Sure it is possible but maybe not practical. Ridge is not a metropolitan area.

Would like to take the bet?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Point Lookout Marina and the restaurant are going to do well. Great new owner, great vision, great local support. It is easy for people who don’t take the risks or have the personal finances to risk, to play devil’s advocate.
I will be having dinner there in March 2025.

Reactions: TPD

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Point Lookout Marina and the restaurant are going to do well. Great new owner, great vision, great local support. It is easy for people who don’t take the risks or have the personal finances to risk, to play devil’s advocate.
I will be having dinner there in March 2025.

Capt. Pat's is doing great too. Closed for the winter season now though. Tall Timbers Reluctant Navigator restaurant..closed for the winter season; re-open on St. Patty's Day every year.