online dating

Pete

Repete
It depends, the older you get I think the gap can be larger, say like a 60 year old man dating a 50-55 year old woman isn't too terribly creepy. A 40-50 year old man dating a girl in her 20's and early 30's is creepy.

So I need to pass on the 25 year old?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
And I do too. In your opinion, how young is "creepy"? I think (for serious, lead to marriage dating) more than 10 years is creepy.

It's more in the way you describe it...as it's the only thing that makes you feel young. Why can't you just feel your age and who you are?

So how is the young chick thing working out for you so far? How many do you have on the Italian Scallion hook?

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Older men dating younger women....It's so when we are old and decrepit, she will still be young enough to wipe our a** for us :yay: Behind every man is a good woman. :buddies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
oh I wouldn't even consider using a dating service ... no not me. I just looked after seeing this thread.... yeah that was your ad looking for the 23 y o ? huh? LOL

I did tell you up front that I was a lot older than 23.....didn't I?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
It depends, the older you get I think the gap can be larger, say like a 60 year old man dating a 50-55 year old woman isn't too terribly creepy. A 40-50 year old man dating a girl in her 20's and early 30's is creepy.
:buddies:
It's more in the way you describe it...as it's the only thing that makes you feel young. Why can't you just feel your age and who you are?
So how is the young chick thing working out for you so far? How many do you have on the Italian Scallion hook?
Well then, say that before you call me "creepy".

I highly doubt that any person my age (56) wants to feel their age. I'm very happy to be who I am (age & all). If I could change anything, it would be my upper body (which is why I've been doing P90X since Christmas).

I hardly consider the gals I contact online "young chicks". Most of them are 40+. I've gotten emails from about 6 in the last 2 weeks but most of them live too far away (Gaithersburg, Hagerstown, Fredericksburg) and I don't like long distance relationships. I've met a few down here in So Md but it didn't go anywhere so I'll keep at it...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
yes dear :smoochy:

Believe me I'd not want any part of a 23 year old myself (no cougar here) ...... they are mostly too young and immature at that age. The ones that are older and more experienced are MY type :popcorn:

I did tell you up front that I was a lot older than 23.....didn't I?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
He always comes off as creepy. It just depends on whether it's his "religious" side of old perv side that's being the creep of the day.

I stopped reading his religious rants. I stay out of the religion forums like I stay out of the horsey forums :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

I don't think that's too creepy, maybe the extremes, a 50 year old man with an early 20something. I don't see anything wrong with an early 30s dating anyone in their 40s.

suddenlysingle

I met my boyfriend on an online dating site. We have been together over one and a half years. I guess it's hit or miss no matter how you meet someone.

I tried speed dating before meeting him but, the So. Md. pickings were not so great at those events.

I also know of a lady that recently held a speed dating event. She is running a singles dating site called "back yard buddies" out of Lusby.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I don't think that's too creepy, maybe the extremes, a 50 year old man with an early 20something. I don't see anything wrong with an early 30s dating anyone in their 40s.[/QUOTE]

Me either. Age is just a number, right? H*ll.....look at "Hef." Okay.....bad example.....but the concept is ALMOST the same.

bulldog

I don't think that's too creepy, maybe the extremes, a 50 year old man with an early 20something. I don't see anything wrong with an early 30s dating anyone in their 40s.

We have this exact situation in our own family and let me tell you, it is creepy as hell. Niece-in-law dating a dude as old as her dad. Nobody likes it, but after them dating for 2+ years, we all finally met him when he came over for dinner. Very hard for me to even talk to the dude...just does not seem right.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
We have this exact situation in our own family and let me tell you, it is creepy as hell. Niece-in-law dating a dude as old as her dad. Nobody likes it, but after them dating for 2+ years, we all finally met him when he came over for dinner. Very hard for me to even talk to the dude...just does not seem right.

Someone I went to school with, who is 36 yrs old, just married our friend's father. He's almost 70. His 4 kids are older than she is. Now that is downright disgusting.

Back to the topic.......I met my husband on eharmony 6 years ago. Neither one of us had ever done the online dating thing and both of us were on the site for less than a month when we were matched up. We knew quickly that we'd get married and things are absolutely great. We've been married 4 years and our little man is almost 2. I never would've met him if we hadn't given online dating a try. I was living in DC and he was in process of moving to Baltimore from York, PA. Our paths never would have crossed. So it can work. I know I got lucky that it worked so quickly for us and that we didn't have to weed through too many losers in the process. I think that around here though, people would have to be open minded to meet people who live in DC, nova, etc. Not sure how many people in somd are on the sites?