Ooh! I know what I want to complain about!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Ahh, the season is upon us! The opening salvos of the war on Christmas, no snowflakes on my coffee cup, clearly you hate the little baby Jesus wrapped in his swaddling clothing. Next will be frontal assault, led by Target, against the Salvation Army and a bell ringing Santa Claus and not to be left out, the lot sharks that slowly circle and stalk their prey before breaching loading zone at the local super wal mart.

Break out the egg nog! But not near little lactose intolerant Jimmy. Let us make jolly by gathering in our "safe space" and singing non denominational, gender neutral winter holiday songs. Merrychrismakwanzamdanakah.

sm8

It's a careful calculation, judging the person and what they have to load and how big a lap you might need to catch it just as they back up. A game, really.

Bilbur, those people drive me nuts. Should be allowed to toss bricks at any unattended vehicle in the fire lane. I do drop my wife off, but never in front of the doors, and it's always a "hot LZ" sort of drop, never lingering. I also wonder about people who hit the handicapped spot, toss the placard up, then everybody in the vehicle sprints into the store....... if you are using the placard and the disabled person is not with you, you too are a douche.

Just remember not everyone's disability is visually apparent and some days are better than others.

glhs837

Power with Control
Just remember not everyone's disability is visually apparent and some days are better than others.

I get that. Stuff like COPD. I have bad days myself when I need to keep a cane with me for my back. But I also know there are people who abuse it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Try parking in Montgomery Cty where my daughter lives; especially, Rockville. Everything is Barbie size. It makes SoMD parking look like the wide open spaces!

And, one does have to drive around forever to find an itty bitty parking space. I lived in Mont Cty 20 years ago, and am glad I live here now.

Last edited:

bilbur

While this is true it doesn't negate the fact that it is illegal to park in the fire lane for anyone, if they are having a good or a bad day. I get the handicapped thing, I am technically handicapped myself. It is painful when I walk long distances and stand for any length of time due to back and neck surgeries. Currently, I can push through the pain and I park far away on purpose because I know I need the exercise plus it gives someone who is a lot worse off than me the opportunity to use a closer parking spot. One day, hopefully a long time from now, I will need to use the handicapped spots or have someone drop me off in the fire lane. This is what makes me angry when I see people that appear to be healthy using the fire lane to park. If they look healthy than odds are they are healthy or they are at least mobile enough to walk the extra 5 feet from the handicapped spots.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Yesterday this stupid witch (nice word) was yapping on her phone and drinking coffee. She didn't even look at stepped right in front of my truck in the parking lot. Thankfully I actually pay attention and not yapping on my phone. Than she had the nerve to hold up her hand to stop me. UM I was already stopped dingbat because you walked in front of my truck. I also drove by her and called her a stupid b* but decided she wasn't worth it.

bilbur

Yesterday this stupid witch (nice word) was yapping on her phone and drinking coffee. She didn't even look at stepped right in front of my truck in the parking lot. Thankfully I actually pay attention and not yapping on my phone. Than she had the nerve to hold up her hand to stop me. UM I was already stopped dingbat because you walked in front of my truck. I also drove by her and called her a stupid b* but decided she wasn't worth it.

Was she in a crosswalk?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My dad worked with a guy that had a disabled wife and he would park in the handicapped spots every ware he would go. My dad would refuse to ride with him any ware because he found it embarrassing this guy would use the handicapped spots. He would even take it with him when they went on travel to use in the rental car. This guy was a real piece of crap in my book.

It would be nice if we saw our cops out enforcing the handicap spots now and then.. in his case I think it's a $500 fine and loss of the placard.. think that might puss off his wife a little?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Being in a cross-walk doesn't require you to look??

Don't you know, you don't have to take responsibility for your safety anymore.. It's everyone else's job to ensure you're safe and arrive unhurt to your destination.

Kids are no longer taught to, nor do they look both ways before crossing a street, why should we expect the same from adults?

luvmygdaughters

I will make a pass thru 2 times looking for a spot. What gets on my nerves are the people who take forever to pull out of a space. They put packages away, get in the car, light a cigarette, fix their hair and make up, find the radio station they want, all the while their car is started and the back up lights are on. Also, you people need to slow your a$$ down riding thru the parking lots. It really pisses me off when I see a car do 25 mph thru a parking lot, ignoring pedestrians trying to cross.

Grumpy

Don't you know, you don't have to take responsibility for your safety anymore.. It's everyone else's job to ensure you're safe and arrive unhurt to your destination.

Kids are no longer taught to, nor do they look both ways before crossing a street, why should we expect the same from adults?

yep

bilbur

Being in a cross-walk doesn't require you to look??

I didn't say that, however, people in a crosswalk always have the right of way in Maryland. Of course, I always look because it is not worth my life just because I am legally in the right. In many cases people will zoom past me while looking right at me and not make any attempt to stop.

FED_UP

While this is true it doesn't negate the fact that it is illegal to park in the fire lane for anyone, if they are having a good or a bad day. I get the handicapped thing, I am technically handicapped myself. It is painful when I walk long distances and stand for any length of time due to back and neck surgeries. Currently, I can push through the pain and I park far away on purpose because I know I need the exercise plus it gives someone who is a lot worse off than me the opportunity to use a closer parking spot. One day, hopefully a long time from now, I will need to use the handicapped spots or have someone drop me off in the fire lane. This is what makes me angry when I see people that appear to be healthy using the fire lane to park. If they look healthy than odds are they are healthy or they are at least mobile enough to walk the extra 5 feet from the handicapped spots.

Saw a cop parked in front of Food Line in California area, he walked up to a car in front of him and then then the next, they both were empty. I see one dude come out of the liquor store and get a verbal warning about complaints of people parking in these fire lanes. Car # 2 still no sign of him. A couple of minutes later I see the dude standing by his car and the cop sitting down filling out paper work, don't know if it was a ticket or warning. After that there was not a single car parked down the entire strip in the fire lane, that is very rare down here. I am sure after the cop left things went back to normal fire lane parking.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Saw a cop parked in front of Food Line in California area, he walked up to a car in front of him and then then the next, they both were empty. I see one dude come out of the liquor store and get a verbal warning about complaints of people parking in these fire lanes. Car # 2 still no sign of him. A couple of minutes later I see the dude standing by his car and the cop sitting down filling out paper work, don't know if it was a ticket or warning. After that there was not a single car parked down the entire strip in the fire lane, that is very rare down here. I am sure after the cop left things went back to normal fire lane parking.

That Food Lion is the worst when it comes to cars parking in the fire lane :cussing:

catlingirl

This is kinda off the subject but the other day at the gas station at Safeway in Prince Frederick, this idiot decided to go the wrong way into the parking lot. She was so busy smoking her cig and talking on the phone she almost hit the car coming out of the parking lot. The sign facing the idiot said Do not Enter. It says Do Not Enter for a reason. Seems to happen a lot at the Safeway.